Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kona
    Started by kona,

    Hi there, l was convicted of drink driving 8 yrs ago and have been told by my local force ,Lothian&Borders that they will not accept anyone with a conviction into there force. Is there any other forces that may? Has anyone who has had this conviction been accepted before? Any advise greatly recieved ,Rick

    • 11 replies
    • 875 views
  2. sharan
    Started by sharan,

    This will be the 3rd time I will be applying to get into the police. My previous applications have got to the assessment centre stage and each time I have missed out by a few percent. However this time round my situation has changed slightly in that 2 members of my immediate family have criminal records now. The 1st one is my brother who has been charged and convicted for common assault and the other is my dad who has been charged for attempted murder. I'm pretty confident the charge against my dad will drop as he is innocent and this will be proved before going to court or in court. But I'm assuming the charge will still remain there. My question is: will this eff…

    • 7 replies
    • 839 views
  3. jamesbowles83
    Started by jamesbowles83,

    just passed my initial paper sift for Avon and Somerset and just wondering if anyone else has. also has anyone passed it recently and been to the assessment centre??? what was it like??? thank you

    • 45 replies
    • 2.9k views
  4. summer
    Started by summer,

    Can anyone tell me what the " pass " is for the eye test? If I was to go and have an eye test what would I require to get a pass? I hope that makes sense!

    • 1 reply
    • 337 views
  5. PD10
    Started by PD10,

    I am currently in a HO Force and have served approx 5.5 years. I am looking into transferring to the M.O.D Police. I have a few concerns such as what will happen to my pension ? All being well, i will retire from my current force at 53 yrs, but if i transfer what will happen to my pension will i be better off retiring at 53 or at the MO.D age of 60 ? Does the M.O.D Police pension offer a good return on retirement ? The M.O.D Police offer alot of varied roles that interest me, apart from not dealing with many public complaints / enquiries as a home officer force, how do the roles differ ? If anyone has any opinions / experience on any of the above, i appreciate your thou…

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  6. 2228matt
    Started by 2228matt,

    Does anybody know how long it takes to get a start after passing the day 2?????????????

    • 0 replies
    • 3.5k views
  7. JayKay1546620146
    Started by JayKay1546620146,

    Hi All, Well here's my first post, I have been reading the posts for a while now and I must say it has been very helpful and also really good to see how much everyone is willing to help out with advice, information and the sharing of your experiences. This is one of those jobs that you can never have enough information and its vital to talk to those in the job to know what you are getting yourself into. I have recently passed the assessment centre for Surrey and only have the vetting and medical to go, so barring either my family doing something really stupid in their past (they all swear they haven't lol) or me being at deaths door and not knowing it, I should be start…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. jonheed
    Started by jonheed,

    Hi folks My final interview's coming up in a few weeks and as part of the final interview I have to deliver a 5 minute briefing about why I wish to join the Police and my expectations of the role. I'm good on the content part, I just wondered if I'm able to take in notes? I could probably get this info from recruitment but thought I'd see if anyone knew in here? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

    • 4 replies
    • 708 views
  9. Gorbash1546620137
    Started by Gorbash1546620137,

    Hi everybody. I was wondering if anybody was in the same position as myself. I applied to Cheshire regs in November 2006, passed the papersift, the A/C and the interview so all I am waiting for is the fitness and medical. After the A/C in april I was told that if successful it would be a January 08 start, then after the interview in June I was told its likely to be a June 2008 start. This morning I received a letter telling me that as a result of a decision taken at Chief Officer level to reduce the number of recruits, recruitment had been slowed down and the fitness test is likely to take place in January 08. A friend of mine told me to transfer to GMP after my A/…

    • 1 reply
    • 554 views
  10. Mr Angry1546620147
    Started by Mr Angry1546620147 * ,

    Hi Iam considering making an application for the Police and wondered whether anyone knew anything about applying with a former psychological problem? Basically I suffered from a condition called BDD body dysmorphic disorder. It basically means I have concerns about my appearance. I have not taken any kind of medication for three years and last years stopped seeing a psychiatrist. Who told me I had recovered from it and didn't need to see him . Saying I had seen a shrink must make me sound totally barking but I only got to see one regular because I went private as I was told the NHS wouldn't really see me as a priority case.It is more a psychological problem than a men…

    • 4 replies
    • 399 views
    andy178981546620138
  11. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Argh! Nerves starting to kick in now I know the talking blues course has given me more confidence but im still excreting a few bricks!!!! lol. Any last minute advice? Matt

    • 16 replies
    • 890 views
  12. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    On the West Mids website there's no mention of a final interview. I take it that that means there isn't one, am i correct? Just wondering, because a lot of other forces seem to have them. Is it not compulsory throughout?

    • 2 replies
    • 274 views
  13. Analystalpha
    Started by Analystalpha,

    Hi everyone, I see that West Yorkshire has a course running in September. For those of you that don't know, Analysts are becomming rare! and this course is a MUST have on on your resume. Just thought I'd share it as a good career option with a salary comparable to a Police Officer. http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section-item.asp?sid=27&iid=3349<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> West Yorkshire Police Training and Development Centre, Bishopgarth, Wakefield, West Yorkshire is offering the world renowned Crime Analysis Applications Training Course from 3rd to 7th September 2007. This one-week "hands on" co…

    • 1 reply
    • 913 views
  14. Jay86
    Started by Jay86,

    I originally intended to apply to Merseyside but sent my form too late- they have it but it has not been sifted but with the whole 6 months inbetween apps would this cause any problems further down the line if i now applied for the Met? Also- can u apply for the Met police without going to an open day? i've just been on the Met website and there are open days Monday-Friday but I can't get to them- unless i pull a sickie, lol. I don't want to as i would have to as I would have to put that down on the app (mind u I don't have any other sick days to put on so i don't suppose it would count for much- but still).

  15. ClaY_uR
    Started by ClaY_uR,

    I'm really embarrassed to ask this.. But what does the fitness entail. I gather most of the medical..but if someone would be kind enough to provide details of both it would be greatly appreciated. I'm 17, trying to sort myself out to apply very shortly. I'm also trying to work out if i have what it takes. I gather it's not [QUITE] like the army.. I feel so niave. Thanks alot.ClaY_uR2007-08-14 01:17:22

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.