Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ads1546620148
    Started by ads1546620148,

    Hello All! This is my first post so just wanted to say hi! Anyway After waiting ages for a start date I finally got the call last week and should be starting early October. My problem is this: In July, to my real surprise, I got a notice from the DVLA. They were fining me £80 for failing to renew the tax on a car that I no longer owned. In March I part exchanged my old car when buying a new one. I sent the necessary form off to the DVLA. Now, I now realise that I am supposed to follow this up if I haven't received an acknowledgement letter, but I didn't. What had happened was that the garage whom I part exchanged the car to had reclaimed the money for the remaining …

    • 5 replies
    • 467 views
    Tim in the South
  2. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Please see the Policecouldyou website for useful information on the Assessment Centre including the Westshire Pack, Information for Candidates and examples of numeracy and verbal reasoning questions. Click on this link. http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/assessment.html

    • 0 replies
    • 862 views
  3. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Please visit the Policecouldyou website for detailed information on all eligibility issues, click on this link to take you there:- http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/eligible_details.html

    • 0 replies
    • 692 views
  4. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    As above ive finnally got a start date, just wondering if any other forum members are starting aswell? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    saxon1546620090
  5. jmherrng
    Started by jmherrng * ,

    Hi. I recently recieved confirmation that my application had been sucessful and I would be proceeding to the national assesment center. I mean no offence to anyone who wasn't sucessful at this stage because obviously im very pleased so far. I just wondered if anyone knew what sort of a percentage get sifted out at this point in the process. I went through the commissioning process for the army and from experience I found that the application paperwork is really only the tip of the iceberg. I also wondered what sort of time scales people have experienced in recieving the green light on their application form and actually attending the selection center. Many thanks for a…

    • 9 replies
    • 883 views
    JayKay1546620146
  6. F1Procon
    Started by F1Procon,

    I'm a probationer in West Mids. Coming up to completing my first year. I'm utterly fed up with the job, it's been a huge disappointment and despite having been a special for a few years before joining, is nothing like I expected. It just seems that every single job you go to is a complete bag of poo resulting in tonnes of paperwork for something that won't go anywhere. Every early shift there's 4 or 5 handovers meaning you spend most of the shift in the block dealing with the dregs from the night before. I joined to make a difference and to help people, but I just find myself dealing with the same old people and their petty squabbles day in day out. There's not ev…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    A little pre-mature to go under General Recruitment but whilst we are all waiting it would be great to know what specialisation you would choose after your probation period (in a perfect world of course) :) Mine are TFU - (Tactical Firearms Unit) and then CID.

    • 80 replies
    • 3.6k views
    Lozza1546620147
  8. 12345678910
    Started by 12345678910,

    Hi Guys, I know everyone on here is probably sick of eyesight questions but i've tried looking through the threads and I can't find an answer, honest!! I've got my medical coming up soon and i'm VERY worried about failing the eyesight requirements. My eye's are currently -2.25 in one eye and -2.50 in the other (last time i had them checked), does anyone know if this is enough to pass the current test? I passed last time but my eyesight was much better back then. I know you have to get 6/6 or 6/36 etc, but how does those scores relate to my prescription? Does anyone have around the same eyesight as me and has got through? Thanks in advance. Lauren.

    • 4 replies
    • 498 views
  9. *micky*
    Started by *micky*,

    Hi there everybody I have just submitted my application to North Yorkshire, and would like to hear from any others that have applied to NYP in this latest recruitment drive. *micky*2006-11-29 23:30:04

  10. millsj
    Started by millsj,

    Hi Had my A/C for A & S on 2oth July, and the dreaded letter came today. I will be celebrating later as I have passed. Overall = 63% RRD = 76% Oral = 93% Written = 100% Hope everyone else receives the results they want today too - the wait is horrible!!!

    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
    sarah21546620127
  11. Wavelength
    Started by Wavelength,

    Is anyone else going to the a/c in Wakefield tomorrow? I will be the one sweating a lot and burbling uncontrollably.

    • 26 replies
    • 960 views
  12. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Hi All Would be interested to know if anyone has applied thir year and what the status of your application is at the moment? Also gret to hear from current serving officers. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 461 views
  13. willynwilson1546620143
    Started by willynwilson1546620143 * ,

    hi guys, does anybody know the length of time from application to a start date for the gmp? regards nick

    • 6 replies
    • 946 views
  14. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Another one! http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3544

    • 0 replies
    • 877 views
  15. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Attached is another thread which may useful in relation to the CBQ http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4017

    • 0 replies
    • 720 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.