Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    Think iv got the post a/c blues!.... think i did ok on everything apart from the 1st written exercise which was also the first thing we did on the day. i was calm until they informed us we had 5mins and i had only done a few paragraphs, i had made lots of notes though witch i got assessed. the rest of the day went fine, i hope!... just got to hit that 60% and ill be happy as larry (who is larry any way?!) well thank you to evey one on here for help and if you have an a/c coming up then the worry before the a/c is nothing compared with the wait for that letter to drop! thanks again

    • 13 replies
    • 473 views
    rosie1545925491
  2. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Could any of you serving officers tell me what my warrant number and pin number are used for. Is one of them going to be my collar number and the other the number on my warrant card.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. cjcmacleod
    Started by cjcmacleod,

    Hi All!!! Got my letter last Friday and passed the assessment centre for SYP!!! I am over the moon, but after a good drink all weekend its starting to settle in... :) I know its only another stage, but I have a good feeling about everything and I think we will be starting in August intake if all goes well. Thanks to everyone for their support and well done Mac1 and everyone else that passed the a/c the same week. Got 100% for my comms, which was pleasant too :-) If anyone has any stories or news about what happens next, post it on here please... See ya's...

    • 8 replies
    • 408 views
  4. Litew8
    Started by Litew8,

    Hi, I am due to have a bleep-test in the coming weeks, it has been years since I last carried out this test, and I would be interested to know whether the test is halted once level 5.4 has been reached, or whether it is a case of "last wo/man standing"? I have heard from a source at my local Station that the test was halted once 5.4 was reached (perhaps to save time and get through the large number of recruits?!). I just did a brief test in the garden and got to level 6 without problems. I am using the free downloaded test from South Yorkshire Police that I have loaded on my Ipod: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/careers/regulars/fitnesstest.php I appreciate …

  5. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi all, Well my assesment is this friday the 30th and I am a total wreck!!! back and fourth to the toilets every hour lol, i am really nervous, and worried this will hinder my performance on the day bt, does anyone know of anything natural/herbal that I could take prior to going to help calm my nerves??? any advice greatly received

    • 12 replies
    • 557 views
  6. Sasuke
    Started by Sasuke * ,

    Hi Im 23 years old and I live in Liverpool, i'm currently working for Sony as a gamestester, however I would very much like to pursue a career as a police officer. Although I don't know how to go about becoming one. So i was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions that I have regarding this, if anyone could answer these questions i'd be very grateful. Now ive read a few websites on the subject and it appears that most police officers that are taken on are usually aged around 27-35, with me being only 23 would i still be taken seriously. As most of the websites also mention about gaining life experiance first, does this mean that I would have to join the 'Spe…

    • 11 replies
    • 523 views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  7. Calsanders
    Started by Calsanders,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone had transferred to West Midlands Police from the Ministry of Defence Police? I have just passed my Assessment with 59% and wondered if I could transfer to WMP with this result further on in my career? Would I have to re-take the WMP assessment as there pass mark is 60%? I also understand that I would have to do the 3 month training again. Any Ideas or help would be appreciated. Regards Cal

    • 3 replies
    • 269 views
  8. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi Everyone! Just wondering how long you normally have to wait before you get a date for the A/C? I passed the papersift for GMP last friday 16/03 and havent heared anything since. Cheers!

    • 7 replies
    • 485 views
  9. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    For those of you that don't know.....I had my AC on the 21st of March :-) and I have a real negative feleing about it. However I was just wondering should I start planning for my final interview now??? If I am lucky enough to pass AC the interviews will be held the last week in April. the only thing I am worried about is that I start to prepare and then I don't pass :-( any advice appreciated

    • 6 replies
    • 719 views
  10. chantel
    Started by chantel,

    any good tips to a successful application form? and whats the test like after that ? would b very greatfull if any one has advice

  11. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hi, Does anyone know why North Yorkshire pulled their recruitment early?? I was working quite happily away on my application form and I went on the web to do more and they had stopped recriuting early. I cannot tell you how bummed I was, I've been working on the thing for the past month. On the upside I did put in my specials application form!!! One thing this did do though was make me realise how much I actually want to be an officer. So anyone any the wiser than me?? Hermia

    • 23 replies
    • 749 views
  12. violetgorman
    Started by violetgorman * ,

    Hello..! My name is Violet.! I am new to this forum and I am really excited about this Discussion and would love any kind of guidance. I hope someone can help me with this question that I have..I found this article to be very interesting. The good news for me...Who is a moderator of this topic..?? If anyone has any info. on this subject ( recipies are also welcome) I would greatly appreciate a reply at 'violetgorman'@'yourwebpublic.org'

    • 3 replies
    • 369 views
    ann11546620050
  13. Litew8
    Started by Litew8,

    Hello everyone, I recently applied to Surrey Police, and have received an invitation to the fitness test to be held in Guildford on April 17th. My concerns are about the eyesight-test. With my glasses on, I can read the entire chart at a distance of 6 Metres (so my prescription is up to date), the issue I have is that without my glasses I have to flint my eyes in order to be able to read it, but when I do I can get down to line 4 or 5. Sounds like a silly question then, but am I allowed to do this in the eye-test (flint my eyes that is)? Many thanks for your help.

  14. Solskjaer20
    Started by Solskjaer20,

    Although already posted the a/c section seemed a logical choice to say that Into the Blue are back and running now called talkingblues and have reduced course fees until the end of April http://talkingblues.co.uk/

    • 1 reply
    • 288 views
  15. sarah21546620127
    Started by sarah21546620127,

    Is anyone going through the recruitment process with A and Som. I passed the papersift in December but they said it would be at least autumn until the assessment day. Hoping it might be a bit sooner but am prepared to wait a while. Anyone been through the process with A and S recently and could give me any tips, it would all be appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 438 views
    Blueboy1546620110

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.