Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hey guys, I know quite a lot of you are well into the process of application, so I was curious to know, what are you all juggling alongside the application process? Hermia

    • 12 replies
    • 528 views
    robw1546080964
  2. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    sorry if this has come up before but think im getting nervous as my a/c is only 3days away! just wondering how you should react if the person in the role play starts using inappropriate language? should i let them have their say then inform them to think about how they word things or should i butt in and enforce my role and the code of conduct? sorry again but thank you if you can help

    • 5 replies
    • 468 views
    Falcon1546080809
  3. bluetooth18
    Started by bluetooth18,

    Just thought I would let everyone know that I start on the 2nd april in Northampton and im so excited. I handed in my notice today after siging contracts and going on the induction evening this week. We have to organise a presentation on our background and local community, and, a prject on the 'Make up' of the local communities. Anyone got any bright ideas to start me off? or any general tips for starting training etc... Thanks

    • 19 replies
    • 822 views
  4. boxman80
    Started by boxman80,

    Hi, I'm new to these boards and I'm seeking some advice. I do apologise in advance if m queries have been raised recently by another user, or indeed if I have raised them on the wrong board. I have always been interested in a career in the police service, ideally as a uniformed officer. Upon leaving school 10 years ago, I was advised to get some "life experience" and promptly chose to server an apprenticeship in ICT support. After studying six years at college and university, I gained my necisary qualifications and began working in my current career as a support engineer at a local college. I also got involved in starting my own family and what not and now li…

  5. AlanPatrick1986
    Started by AlanPatrick1986,

    Hey, firstly thanks for taking the time to read my post I am currently waiting for a start date for Strathclyde Police in Scotland, and i was just looking for anyone who worked within the recruitment Dept or anyone who has any info they can pass onto me regarding my current situation. Thanks Alan

    • 4 replies
    • 406 views
    AlanPatrick1986
  6. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Hi, Please can someone tell me the passmarks for the assessment centre and the breakdown for this i.e. RRD - A. I have got my assessment centre in April. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 449 views
    Westmerciacadet
  7. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    I need some advice! Essex have given me a preliminary start date of 12th April. This is less than a month but my contract with my current employer states that the notice period is one month. My bosses boss has stated that 'due to the current climate' I need to see out the whole month! What are the repercussions of not working this notice period? I am not breaking the law and I intend to be up front with my intentions if and when I pass the medical. My concern is that this could result if a bad reference then I would up the creek without a paddle because I will have handed in my notice but won't get into the Police, although my line manager who I placed down as a refer…

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
  8. kittykat
    Started by kittykat,

    Hi everyone, the day is looming for my assessment day is on thursday! I have suddenly become so nervous. The main thing im worried about is the role plays. Could anyone give me any advice on them? It would be much appreciated!! Thanks

    wannabecopper
  9. cozelm
    Started by cozelm,

    Can anyone tell me what is one of these? and how do you get to do them? i have seen them on a few thread signitures?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    The Stig1546620068
  10. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi, Could any one tell me if the questions at the interview are the same four questions as in the application.If not im doomed my A/C tomoz and ive only really prepared for these. Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 269 views
  11. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi to all the wonderful people out there and thanks for all the support and advice you gave me before i sat my a/c but unfortunately on this occasion, on my first go i have failed, i blame myself for not revising or preparing for even a day or an hour!!!! Overall Score: 42% Respect for Race and Diversity: 52% Oral Communication: 80% Written Communication: 56% Breakdown 2 A's 15 B's 16 C's 8 D's I am really sad but on the other side even if i did pass i couldnt have start until July/August as im currently studying in college but its also upsetting specially when i think about the interview how i thought i smacked it and then i see on the papers that i only score…

    • 10 replies
    • 983 views
    rosie1545925491
  12. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    I have been given the bad news that I have failed the paper sift for west mercia and been scored a grade C. I really thought I was going to pass this stage and even asked a few officers who have recently passed to look over my application who said it was guaranteed to pass. Has anyone ever appealed against the decision and asked them to take a second look?

    • 8 replies
    • 873 views
  13. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi Guys, I've been personal training a lady who had failed her strength test 2 months ago. Below is her training program i gave her, to which she past her fitness test last week with no problems. Chest Press: 4 sets of 6 reps Seated Row: 4 sets of 6 reps Flat Bench Press: 4 sets of 6 reps Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 6 reps Wide Pull ups: 4 sets of 6 reps Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 6 reps Press Ups: as many as you can Work out your 1 Rep max and find 85% of that weight. If you are doing 4 sets though, the weight may be slightly high but i suppose this is a rough estimation. Make sure you increase the weight on each exercise. Possibly repeat your 1 rep max a month…

    • 9 replies
    • 404 views
  14. LeeBut
    Started by LeeBut,

    Hi everyone I am now only two weeks away from my assessment centre with west mids. In past experince for many of you, How long after assessment centre should you receive your results? Many Thanks Applied West Midlands 22/09/2006 Papersift passed 19/01/2007 Assessment centre 28/03/2007

    • 17 replies
    • 863 views
  15. suneil
    Started by suneil * ,

    Hi everyone, my name is suneil and I'm new to this particular forum, so hello to all members. Currently I've just graduated from university (July 2006) and returned from travelling. I wish to join my local police division as a police constable, which happens to be the Met. I've constantly visited the met's recruitment website for over a year and they still have a pause on applications, to this date. The plan was to apply to the met as a pc last year and then work my way through the recruitment process, but this obviously isn't going to happen. I've contacted the recruitment hotline but they always give me misleading advice. I was wondering, if anyone here is actively…

    • 11 replies
    • 797 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.