Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Nick18

    Anybody got any ideas/thoughts on what answers i could give at my assessment interview with regards to Personal Responsibility and Effective Communtication??? Would effective comunication cover all the answers you would give??? Got brain freeze HELP>>>>>>

    • 5 replies
    • 374 views
  2. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi everybody I need a little of advice. I failed my final interview nearlt 2 years ago as i did not have the experience GMP were looking for!! :cry: Racially abused, physically abused. I still want to be a part of the police where ever the job may take me!! I have no dealing with the general public in my current in and out of work environment. I have a job in a local pub but don't appear to be getting any expeience at all. I need any ideas on how to get some experience apart from being a Voulnteer or PSCO as they would envolve me leaving my current job. Thanks for any help offered.

    • 15 replies
    • 953 views
    spowell1546620087
  3. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi everyone, I have my AC this WED 21st and I have borrow my laptop case to a friend. However in my laptop case I have left my postive and negitive indicators for my AC does anyone know where I can get them off the internet PLEASE as I won't be able to get them til Sunday :cry: Or if anyone could tell me them and the brief description they have under them. MASSIVE THANKS Rachael

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  4. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    I passed the my papersift and fitness test and waiting for the assessment and i am nervous about it since english isnt my first language, I am Malaysian born Chinese without high eduction level. I might have problem with my grammar and literture.Can any body out there help or advise?

    • 3 replies
    • 245 views
  5. cjcmacleod
    Started by cjcmacleod,

    Hi All!!! Can I just say thank you to the people that have posted some great stuff on this site. Some of it has been very helpful!!! Every night I have looked on here there has been something different. Whether it be breathing techniques, structure or 'chavy text messages' (you know who you are with 4 pages of posts!!! LOL) I have had my assessment centre recently and its the longest wait EVER, but only a week to go now! Its a good confidence thing to know I am not the only person in Britain who is feeling as nervous as I am right now... All the best for everyone waiting for their results and let me know how you have all got on...

    • 3 replies
    • 549 views
  6. pam123
    Started by pam123 * ,

    Wondered if anyone would know if there are any special circumstanstances ever given with regards to living in for the 15 weeks training? Is it possible to rent accomodation near tulliallan rather than stay in? The reason I ask is I am single mother of 2 although I have support from family, not sure I could leave kids for this long. My mother would be willing to look after kids while i'm in training and stay near there. I havent applied yet but if i do i dont want to ask this question incase it effects me getting in.Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 971 views
  7. Big Mack
    Started by Big Mack,

    Can anyone confirm - after tax and NI - what to expect for in salary each month? I have come across a few postings in relation to the "Federation" union. How much are the subscriptions for this? Thanks in advance!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  8. jamesbyfordessex
    Started by jamesbyfordessex,

    Hi Everyone, I applied for the Police back in December 2005 and still waiting for my assessment. Since handing in my application my circumstances have changed such as my job as well as my sister being arrested for harassment. Is it worth declaring this to recruitment? It’s coming up to 16 months since I handed the application form, so I’ pretty sure they would expect a few changes. Any advice would be much appreciated. James

    • 6 replies
    • 540 views
    jamesbyfordessex
  9. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hi, I haven't applied to the full time regulars but I am in the middle of applying to the Specials, I fully intend to apply for the regulars in the next year though. I have two real questions, I've just been reading through the health assessment criteria and they mentioned Eating Disorders, IBS and Depression being a bar to appointment. As you can probably guess, I've had all three at one point or another. Long and short of it is that when I was at University I had a very bad bad third year which I reacted to quite badly. I developed an eating disorder and got quite depressed right along side it for a period of about six months. This all occured about two years ago…

    • 4 replies
    • 568 views
  10. Louise_J
    Started by Louise_J,

    Anyone got their assessment centre next week for Hampshire? Mine is Wednesday and I can safely say that I don't think I have ever been this nervous, already! I am going to be downing rescue remedy before going in...

    • 1 reply
    • 186 views
  11. dan11545925561
    Started by dan11545925561,

    Hi everyone, recently discovered this site its great. Just completed my fitness test, and am now onto my medical stage of the recruitment process. I suffer from mild asthma, and it concerns me that this may stop me accomplishing my dream job. Does anybody know what i will need to get on the lung function test to allow me to proceed forward in the process. It concerns me but I have checked a peak flow web page and for my 'statistics' I am getting what they predict I should be. But with me not knowing what the police requirements are it just keeps playing on my mind! Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. My height is 1.71M and i weigh 68 Kg dan12007-03-0…

    dan11545925561
  12. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    hi, I remember CATSANDTREES posted up a good description of respect for race and diversity, I can't find it again If anyone had any good resources so I can read up on the RRD before the final interview that would be brill. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 288 views
  13. JamesSargison
    Started by JamesSargison,

    Hi guys. I currently live in the Nottinghamshire area, but I've been looking and applying for (web design) jobs in Devon & Cornwall for about two years as I've always wanted to live there and go there every 2 or 3 weeks at weekends to pursue my interest in bodyboarding. In the last 6 months or so, I've decided to apply to join the Police Force. I've applied for the Police Force in Devon & Cornwall - even though I don't live there. Would that be a problem as far as my application goes? When I received a phone call from the recruitment department regarding my application, the lady on the other end sounded confused that I'd want to apply to join that constabulary eve…

    • 11 replies
    • 676 views
  14. mjwjones
    Started by mjwjones,

    2 questions for you: 1) I've been finding it quite difficult to find scenarios to use in answering the competency questions. Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I don't think so. The examples I've used have all been a bit low key. In particular I've found it difficult to answer a question about giving people bad news, as I've never really had to do that (maybe I've been lucky!). I'm 30 by the way, so it's not that I'm young! 2) Where can I find the competencies, etc. that they use to mark against your answers? I've looked on the website of the force that I'm applying to and also on the 'could you' site, but have found nothing. Your help is much appreciated. Matt

    • 3 replies
    • 466 views
  15. gmjgreg
    Started by gmjgreg,

    Hi All, I sent off my application to West Mercia this week following attending the roadshow event in Hereford a couple of weeks back. I really got a lot out of the roadshow, felt it provided a really useful opportunity to chat to serving officers (that aren't mates or relatives) and also gave all of the people who attended a chance to have a word with the recruitment people too. I found the application form pretty tough, not like the usual generic every-day job application forms. It was a good experience putting the answers together though, I found that it made me even keener to get through to the next stage... despite the fact that I hated every single second of handwr…

    • 6 replies
    • 481 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.