Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mph1546620123
    Started by mph1546620123,

    hey if i was going to aply to a force in the other end of the country naturally i would need to move. does anyone know if there are any sort of police flats at the training colleges where you can live until your settled.

    • 6 replies
    • 606 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  2. mrash
    Started by mrash,

    I am just wondering what the take home pay is whilst training/on probation? I live in Wigan and would like to join GMP, but i will be leaving a well paid sales job, earning around £30k. Its what i want to do, but with a young child and wife to support, i want to make sure i can do this without causing my family too much financial stress. I am also about to turn 31, am i too old??

    • 5 replies
    • 464 views
    dan11545925561
  3. babsjen1546620113
    Started by babsjen1546620113,

    Hi all, passed all stages for Lancashire Constabulary, awaiting start date. Been told the first start date is 5th March 07. Has anyone had a start date as yet? How long does the final checks normally take? Can't wait to start, feels like i've been waiting a life time to find out.

    • 9 replies
    • 827 views
    babsjen1546620113
  4. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi everyone, My a/c is for March 23rd, and currently i'm preparing for the role play section. I have read advice on this forum with regards to revising the positive indicators off by heart. However, for the role play section how would you incorporate such indicators into the scenario. For me at this stage, i would find learning all those positive indicators and applying them all to each scenario quite difficult, any advice? Cheers. Wiggy

    • 2 replies
    • 442 views
  5. joannaemmas
    Started by joannaemmas,

    Amid the debates as to whether the fitness test is challenging enough... it made me wonder if the new recruits are fitter than those that have been in the job some length of time....any opinions?

    • 15 replies
    • 810 views
  6. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I keep reading about a final interview.... is this the same as the assessment centre interview? I have applied to West Mercia I can't seem to find any information about it.

    • 3 replies
    • 715 views
    Westmerciacadet
  7. Big Mack
    Started by Big Mack,

    I have my assessment centre battle on 22/03. Not sure of the dress code. I want to "make an impression" so I am more than happy to wear my shirt and tie, etc. Is this too much though? I am wary it is a marathon of a day so would prefer to feel comfortable. I have not had my asessment centre pack through yet so if there are dress code details in there then I apologise! Thanks everyone.

    • 3 replies
    • 338 views
  8. raf_medic83
    Started by raf_medic83,

    Hiya, I have taken the Maths and English PIRT test online and I got on average 12 out of 20, which I guess is not too good really. Can anyone suggest ways to learn without having to shell out for a Maths and English course? Hope someone can help Nath Charlish

    • 2 replies
    • 353 views
  9. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, Had my A/C yesterday and feel that I may have sunk myself for a crazy moment of non thinking. In one of the role play scenarios I made a statement to the actor and realised I had got the wrong info, in fact I knew straight away and my heart sank! I cant tell you the scenario obviously but what I can say is that it may be taken as a an assumption that im blaming someone for something and instead it was me not remembering that no one is given as being blamed. Therefore RRD I guess and potentially a fail. It wasnt what I deem to be offensive but could be taken as wrongly assuming something. I did however make a big point of later in the role play backtracking an…

    • 6 replies
    • 369 views
  10. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Anyone here a probationer with West Yorkshire Police?

    • 5 replies
    • 484 views
  11. rostros
    Started by rostros,

    Uniform query Just a quick question regarding the uniform. Is it possible to purchase your own garments or can you only wear what is assigned to you at stores? The only reason I am asking is because the trousers allocated by the force are made from a material that irritates my skin, which I found out from a dermatologist. I am only just starting and don’t want to appear like a whining sod but I can’t help it if I have an allergic reaction to something! Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 820 views
  12. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi, Had my medical on Monday, everything was ok, except my blood pressure was a bit high. Doc said he is goin to send me a letter to take to my GP to get checked again(maybe in a less stressful situation!)and then he has to send a letter back to Occ Health to say its ok(when it is!). he said I dont have to do the medical again. Anyone else been in this situation?? Cheers.

    • 9 replies
    • 550 views
  13. tomo123
    Started by tomo123,

    Hi, i am 17 and in sixth form college. I am seriously thinking of joining the police force when i finish college. Would it be wise to go to university to help with the job. I dont really want to go to university and would rather join the force straight away, but i would like to hear from those in the know. Thanks Tom

  14. craigwh83
    Started by craigwh83,

    I'm due to start with West Mids Police in March and I need to buy some boots. Having read all of the posts on here about the different styles that are available I wondered if anyone knows of any shops in the West Mids area that might sell them. I'd rather not buy online as I won't get to try them on first. If anyone can shed any light or has any advice about other equipment for a new starter I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 744 views
  15. Oztrexx
    Started by Oztrexx,

    I don't wish to come across as being dim but I was hoping that someone would explain the second part of the written exercise a little, so I know what the assessors are looking for. I know about how to reply to a letter of complaint (the first letter) , but the memo letter is a bit confusing as I have never done this before and finding it a little bit difficult on how I should lay out this letter and what content needs to be included? I would appreciate any help with this small matter and as I have said, I don't wish for any answers but just a little guidence. Thanks very much.

    • 5 replies
    • 660 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.