Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    I have recently passed my assessment centre for Hampshire police and was wondering what the rules are for applying for other forces using my assesment results. I was unsuccessful at my final interview, do most forces accept it or is it a fact of you have to live in the county your applying for

    • 5 replies
    • 498 views
    dad1546620122
  2. virtuoso12
    Started by virtuoso12,

    hey jus applied and am awaiting to hear back from gmp i was wondering what do they people marking the papers look for in answers and is there anything deffinitely not to be said jus to put mind at rest xx

  3. wilki486
    Started by wilki486,

    Well after applying in May 2006 I have my start date which is 12th March 2007. I just want to thank everyone on here who has posted because somewhere along the line I will have obtained answers to burning questions and made the whole recruitment process easier to understand !!

    • 7 replies
    • 861 views
  4. Crobertson
    Started by Crobertson,

    obviously they give you 5 different competencies that they are checking on the interview and they will ask you about 4. personal responsibility resilience teamworking RRD effective communication my question is having prepared your answers from your application pack how easy is it to fit them into the above catagories when you are being asked at the interview? do you get all the 4 questions before you go into the interview or is it one question given to you at a time as they ask? I have read someone here saying that they felt they answered a question with one answer which they then felt should have been used for a different competencie?! I'm rambling now! any help…

    • 8 replies
    • 423 views
  5. erb armstrong
    Started by erb armstrong,

    This may seem like an odd question but tell me, can you join the police force if you have a physical disability? I have a mild case of erbs palsy in my right shoulder that affects the streangth and mobility of that arm. Clearly someone with a less than fully able body might not be able to pass the medical and or fitness test, but would simply having this disability instantly mean I could not apply to join the police force or do disabilities not really matter, as long as you can pass the tests you are viewed as capable of doing the job? Cheers. erb armstrong2007-03-01 13:18:00

    erb armstrong
  6. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    Hi i'm 21 from Derbyshire and I was wondering what your thoughts were on someone of my age applying to the police. By the time I apply I would be nearly 22 and feel I am mature enough to join. I was also wondering what the eyesight regulations were. I've read that colour blindness is no longer a reason for being rejected. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 584 views
  7. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    I know this is a really silly question but what is the dress code for the PIRT? Just casual cloths? Ty

    • 3 replies
    • 835 views
    MrLee1546620050
  8. scuba
    Started by scuba,

    Hi all, has anyone else had to fill in a candidate conformation form for dorset police,i received this about three weeks after posting my application,just name, date of birth, signature and returned within seven days. whets it for and why. Cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 503 views
  9. Jem Bob
    Started by Jem Bob,

    I gave my employer one month's notice as this was the amount of notice WMP gave me before my intake date. The problem is that my work requires 3 months notice and are insisting that I work my notice period. WMP have apologised for the late notice but told me that I won't be guaranteed on the next intake date if I turn it down and also that I might not be given a date at all! I am left with no choice but to walk out of my current employment but am worried about the consequences. I don't think they'll bother to take me to court but can they withhold my P45 until the 3 months is up and where does that leave me with WMP?? Anyone had a similar experience or knows what the…

    • 22 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. cherokee717
    Started by cherokee717,

    Hi guys, I was just looking for some advice from the horses mouth as to what to do about my application dilemma! I am going to university in september for 4 years and seriously want to join the police force when I graduate. Having spoken to several Police officers in the street as to what I can do to bolster my chances of getting in, the best they can come up with is 'Get some life experience and come back later mate!'. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information whatsoever as to what part time jobs I could do at University that would really help me when I come to apply e.g. would a part time security job be beneficial. Thanks for taking the time to read …

  11. Run
    Started by Run,

    has any one got any details on pay scales for different sections with in the police e.g. the armed police, traffic etc etc cheers for any help you can give //@rK

    • 2 replies
    • 480 views
  12. Pete14
    Started by Pete14,

    Brushing up on my maths and english so I can take the entrance test but the web site only give you 1 specimen test of each cat. Is there anywhere else I can find useful relevant tests?

    • 5 replies
    • 486 views
  13. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    Hi i'm 21 year old male from Derbyshire and I was wondering what your thoughts were on someone of my age applying to the police. By the time I apply I would be nearly 22 and feel I am mature enough to join. I was also wondering what the eyesight regulations were. I've read that colour blindness is no longer a reason for being rejected. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 410 views
  14. missmaster
    Started by missmaster,

    Hey, So I got in to the police force! Woohoo! I now have a problem though. I need to take up my trousers but I'm not sure how they are supposed to sit on women, or at all for that matter? Are they supposed to be slackish at the bottom or are they supposed to be straight lined right to the bottom? If someone could help me out on this asap I'd really appreciate it.

    • 2 replies
    • 366 views
  15. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    I was wondering what the process was to appeal if you are unsuccesfull at the 2nd interview stage. Is it worth it and how successful is it.

    • 4 replies
    • 495 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.