Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wensleydale
    Started by wensleydale,

    I went for a medical for NY over five weeks ago, got everything signed by my doctor and optician and sent the form back within the week of my medical. I have phoned since then to find out the results but no one knows anything about it or the doctor only works one day a week and he will sign it off next Monday etc. Today I got a call saying that the nurse who had to sign it off had gone on holiday for two weeks and will be unable to sign the form off in time for the training deadline in March. I was given a start date, all clearance forms are done but I can't start now due to the medical not being signed off. They have had my form over a month and my work knows I was suppo…

    • 1 reply
    • 227 views
  2. neil555
    Started by neil555,

    Can anybody tell me whether the GMP medical covers eyes or if you get a form completed by an optician? I have one excellent eye and one borderline. I have to pass the same standard as the police for my work (railway) and have always just scraped through. It's probably not worth me worrying, as I have passed at 3 different centres, but just wondering as it would be a weight off my mind not to have to wait until that far down the line to know if I will pass. Neil

    • 3 replies
    • 417 views
  3. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Its official im in got the call at 4pm from GMP. My start date is the 19th March. I cant believe it me a copper. Thanks for all your sound advice guys. :D :D

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Crobertson
    Started by Crobertson,

    hi, Can someone please tell me what test they use to check your colour blindness? I did the one with the numbers made of dots when i was really young and was told i was red/green colour blind. I just did the one where you re-arrange dots into colour order and scored normal! I have not noticed any problems with my colour blindness at all in my life (apart from the odd argument with the wife whether a certain shade of colour is green or brown!)

    • 5 replies
    • 326 views
  5. albs09
    Started by albs09 * ,

    Hey all, received a letter last week saying that I passed the initial stage of the application. Now they say they're going to do back ground checks on everything which im cool with but with my current credit card which will take a few months to get that cleared, will this affect any process for the A/C? Also, can anyone give me any tips or advice before being set a date for the A/C? I dont know much of what it involves and how to prepare for it. I think my main worry is the exam and paper work it self. Is the books or previous exam papers I can revise on for this? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 355 views
    frank_dean1546620096 *
  6. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    Hi Can any one tell me what the four competency based questions on the most recent application form. I filled out my application way back in July last year so I don't know if they have changed since then. If they have I would like to have them to help me practise for the interview at the assesment. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 340 views
  7. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    Is anyone going to the ISP course in Nottingham next month?

    • 2 replies
    • 295 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  8. ChrisDownes
    Started by ChrisDownes,

    I have had the letter today from Cheshire with my papersift results and...... I PASSED!!!!!!!! I have had a feedback report, which is really useful as it states how I did in comparison to other canditates. I am really impressed with my results which were: RRD : B Team Working: C Resilience : B Effective Comms: B Overall : B Standard of written communication met the required standard. I am soo happy. No news on assessment centre dates, as they have said A/C will be taking place throughout 2007, with dates yet to be confirmed. Its now time to work on A/C scenario's, and work on my fitness levels in preparation for the stages ahead.

    • 2 replies
    • 388 views
  9. Thin Blue Line1546620116
    Started by Thin Blue Line1546620116,

    I have really bad eye sight in one eye, and hence only use it for peripheral vision (I can see light shapes, but not able to read first two lines on chart!) but near 20/20 vision in the other. Anyone know if this will stop me passing the medical? Passed A/C and Fitness, just waiting to see Doc! A colleague told me there's an officer in Thames with only one eye; anyone know anyone else with eye probs, could do with a bit of support - so close but so far - if you know what i mean!

    • 1 reply
    • 332 views
  10. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    Hello Is any one attending the Assesment Centre Familiarisation Workshop on 24th March at Hindlip Hall Worcester ? Has any one been to one ? Did you find it usefull?

  11. BobbyVarney
    Started by BobbyVarney,

    Here's a quick run-down so you can all get a view of where I am. I'm an 18 year old student at college studying my AS levels. I was supposed to be studying my A-levels and moving onto university this year, but due to a nasty bout of meningitus I had to retake the school year again. I am now extremly de-motivated at school, and have realised that I am doing more damage than good by staying at school. Will leaving school with four A/S-levels (around B/A Chemistry, geography, English Lit and Bussiness Studies) put me at a serious disatvantage when applying? What about further on down the line? Will it significantly damage my prospects in the future? :/ I know the entry g…

    • 14 replies
    • 815 views
    snowball1546080907
  12. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    As many of you know, i failed my a/c by 2%. Mdp have just accepted my results and im off to do my fitness and firearms test in April, if that go's ok im starting in September. I am sooooo happy ive been dancing round my living room for the past half an hour. Ive gone from being really down in the dumps to such an amazing high, the mod seems so perfect for what im looking for in the police, and to think i didnt even know they excisted until i failed my a/c, im actually glad i failed for Cambridge now as i would never of been where i am now.

    • 11 replies
    • 922 views
  13. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    IF I GET THE LETTER SAYING I HAVE FAILED OR PASS THE A/C CAN I APPLY TO THE FORCE AGAIN THE SAME DAY AND WAIT 6 MONTHS TO SIT A/C OR IF THATS NOT POSSIBLE!!! CAN I APPLY TO BECOME A PCSO OR DOES THE 6 MONTHS POLICY STILL APPLY AS I HEARD MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO FAIL A/C GOES ON TO BECOME A PCSO IMMEDIATELY DON'T YOU HAVE TO WAIT 6 MONTHS OR IZ IT 6 MONTHS AGAIN IN ORDER TO APPLY? PEOPLE PLEASE CORRECT ME AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, THANKS.

    • 3 replies
    • 584 views
  14. aneliesej
    Started by aneliesej,

    Hi, I wonder if anyone else is waiting to hear for a job offer and start date? I've passed all the application processes with my medical being 5 weeks ago. I was under the impression that my background and security checks were done weeks ago and I know that my references were sent out about 2 months ago, before the physical and medical stages. I know that my references and background checks will be fine I just can't wait to start! Is there anyone else waiting for a gmp start date? Or if you already have one how long did they keep you waiting for?

  15. LSC
    Started by LSC,

    I was just wondering if anyone had come across a situation like this before or if anybody had any advice on the matter. I am currently going through the initial stages of greivance proceedings against my previous employer. The reason I am doing this, is they would not grant any time off for me to attend the pre-induction training module that the force I applied to run as part of the final application satges. As a result of this I was left with no alternative other than to resign. This then led to me losing my annual bonus (had worked the full year). There are also other factors attached such as problems trying to be assigned to another department to accomodate/help my r…

    • 1 reply
    • 416 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.