Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    I am really struggling to think of an example of when i have encountered racial or discriminating behaviour. although i have been to university, have friends of different races etc, i just havent come across this before in my life personally. what else could i use as a suitable answer? im racking my brains trying to think of what has happend to my family or friends in the past!!

    • 2 replies
    • 412 views
  2. ryan76
    Started by ryan76,

    Hi, I want to send a pic of my tattoo to Essex Police before I apply to see if they will have an issue with it (which they probably will!!). Anyway, should I do this or should I simply apply and without disclosing my tattoo on the basis that the tattoo is not on my forearms, face, neck or hands?? I only ask because I've seen some people on various threads complaining that they had their application terminated when they were well into their assessment etc. I dont want to waste anyones time. Also, I have the address for Essex Police HQ, but cannot find a specific address for the "recruitment dept"....is there one or should I simply address the letter with…

  3. wrxmatt
    Started by wrxmatt,

    Just wondering who i'll be on course with

    • 3 replies
    • 314 views
  4. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    I put in my application back in August 2005, completed everything, today i have retaken my second fitness test and due to have a call from the occupational nurse or another medical... thing is i was told it might be another year to wait, im not sure i can wait another year! Anyone here transfered their application in the past in this kind of situation? And does anyone know any forces who currently would take them and be quicker than the year wait i may be faced with?

    • 10 replies
    • 487 views
  5. jamesmhagrh
    Started by jamesmhagrh,

    Hi all. I have recently had a look at an example of the assessment centre feedback sheet, which somebody had. i.e. an example of the document you get when you get feedback. Does anyone know where I can print off a copy of this - not sure if its on the centrex website or what, but I've done a few searches and not sure where to look. Thanks for your help.

    • 4 replies
    • 497 views
  6. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    Hi I wonder if any one could answer this question for me. I currently have an application in the system with West Mids Police. I applied back in July and only through emailing the recruitment in December have I found that I have passed the application stage. (I am still to receive written conformation) they have emailed me though to say I should be called for assessment about March. The question I have is whether it is possible to transfer an application from one force to another. The reason being West Mercia have recently opened up their recruitment and state they hope to have student officers ready to begin in Summer 2007. I have been told the recruitment pr…

  7. tonyboyle34
    Started by tonyboyle34 * ,

    I'm currently doing my driving lessons and thinking about applying for the police in Scotland, do you have to have a licence to apply???

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views
  8. jamie24
    Started by jamie24,

    Can anyone let me know of any good training courses to go on before the a/c. ISP is being mentioned alot but cant find their website! Cheers.

    • 6 replies
    • 425 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  9. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Why?

    • 6 replies
    • 453 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  10. oxoneil
    Started by oxoneil,

    First post on here for me. Currently waiting for a medical date having done my A/C on 6th July this year. Pretty pleased with the results 81% RRD and 100% for written and oral comms. Got 2 Ds for teamwork in the written exercises though which probably knocked me down to my 68% overall.

  11. sara43
    Started by sara43,

    would i be declined if i have defaults i have no ccjs or not been bankrupt but been told diffrents things by everyone about this ( if i have defaults i will be declined and then i was told they dont check for them only ccjs and bankruptcy dont know what to belive can anyone tell me thanks

  12. wishtobwpc
    Started by wishtobwpc,

    please can anyone give me advice on gmp interview?? I failed my first attempt and need all the advice I can get

  13. kerrypops
    Started by kerrypops,

    Hello, When the doctor at the medical says thank you, you have passed, you will receive a letter confirming your start date, does that mean that you are finally in or can GMP, for any medical reason (IE number of sick days) refuse to offer you the post? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    What makes you angry? When was the last time you lost your temper. Why and how did you deal with the situation?

    • 1 reply
    • 460 views
  15. micdea
    Started by micdea,

    Can someone give me guidance with reference to the attitude of the South yorkshire police and the TA. From what i understand different forces have different rules. I am seriously considering joining the police but would like to know in advance what issues being in the TA can potentially cause M

    • 1 reply
    • 514 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.