Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi All, Found out today i've passed paper sift and have been invited to assessment in March!! This will be my second attempt. I know i'm getting ahead of myself but was wondering if GMP do a sight test with the medical or do you get your own optometrist to sign the paper work? Also my BMI is 31 but my body fat % is 12, does the BMI have any bearing? because if it does i've got some serious dieting to do! Thanks

  2. superflygirl
    Started by superflygirl,

    I am hoping to join the GMP. I have been offered the role or PCSO part time but have decided to go ahead and apply for PC. I know the initial 18 weeks training is Full time but can't seem to find out if Flexible working/Part time working is available during the probationary period??? Can anyone help? Regards

    • 23 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hey all, ive got my final interview at Hampshire in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any advice they could give me on how to prepare for it. Many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 644 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  4. panopticon1546620117
    Started by panopticon1546620117 * ,

    hi i'm in my final year of uni and am thinking of joining the police when i graduate. i love the idea of patrolling the streets, chasing criminals, and locking them up. are these 'acceptable' reasons for joining the police or is it 'un-PC'? also, what does most of the job involve? having read a few police blogs it sounds as though paperwork forms a large part of things? finally, what do people think of the "high potential development scheme"? cheers.

    • 10 replies
    • 481 views
  5. london-fem
    Started by london-fem,

    Am in hertfordshire but i want to apply for essex.iv been there and would like to live there 1day....does it matter if am in hertfordshire applying for essex,cos theres a question saying why do you want to join this force? not sure what kindof things to say bout it. any help.

    • 1 reply
    • 389 views
  6. abigaillucy
    Started by abigaillucy,

    Hi Ive finally recieved my A/C date for West Mids, Yipppppeeeee! Its booked for 1st May. That gives me less than 12 weeks of preparation!! Just wondered if anyone has applied to WM and has a date around this time?

    • 2 replies
    • 215 views
  7. lucyo
    Started by lucyo,

    I have finally got a date for my fitness test - 19th feb. Little bit worried, but will try my best. Anyone know if I do fail, not that I'm saying I will, but if I do how long you wait til you get another one?

    • 5 replies
    • 299 views
    snowball1546080907
  8. PIGSY
    Started by PIGSY * ,

    I recently got my results back from A/C I got 90% Race & Diversity, 100% Oral Communication and 33% Written Communication. I was down graded on a report I had to write. So because I wrote a report differently, I have missed out by 11%. I feel totally cheated here and Ive appealed. Its different if I scored terribly in key areas. Anyone else experienced this? or had a sucessful appeal?????

    • 27 replies
    • 992 views
  9. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Hey Guys, after the embarrassment of missing the last fitness test due to holiday commitments I've been given another date, Feb 6th. Because i took my first fitness test back in the 18th century (or at least that what it feels like), so I've been told its valid for 3 months.... i presume then that my start date will be within 3 months of 6th Feb? Any one have any ideas what kind of notice you usually get and how often after you usually start?

    • 9 replies
    • 640 views
  10. peteratsea1546620082
    Started by peteratsea1546620082,

    Anyone heard of their results yet?

    • 61 replies
    • 1.3k views
    peteratsea1546620082
  11. xray1983
    Started by xray1983,

    Quite a few members from here are starting today (29th January), people like Zoem and Village. All the best guys, let us know how it is going! See you in 8 weeks...

    • 2 replies
    • 549 views
  12. soupdragon1546620110
    Started by soupdragon1546620110 * ,

    I have just been given one month's notice of my start date on 12 Feb! This came as a BIG surprise given that at the end of December I was advised that the earliest likely start date would be April, possibly even into the summer months. Is there anybody else out there who's also in February's intake? It would be nice to chat in advance of meeting at Hendon!! Soupdragon

    • 23 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Jaxn Fury
    Started by Jaxn Fury,

    First of all i would like to say hello to everyone, and to introduce myself. I am a 20 year old male from Glenrothes currently working as a Team Leader in a Warehouse. I have become very interested in joining my local Police force, the Fife Constabulary. My question is though, i have a fairly large black tribal tattoo on my forearm and i wondered if anyone could give me any personal experiences or opinions if they think it will affect my chances of being recruited. In my opinion i believe it will to a certain degree but i will still give things my best shot. Thanks Guys.

    • 14 replies
    • 855 views
  14. Gemma2000
    Started by Gemma2000,

    Hi I applied to Notts police in November and have passed the papershift and assesment centre - but still waiting for news on the next stage. Last time i spoke to them they were waiting for everyones results from the assesment centre and then letting the top people know to go to the next stage - has anyone had any news yet?????

    • 1 reply
    • 267 views
  15. Louise_J
    Started by Louise_J,

    Ok, just wanted to know who of those who went on an ISP course bought the lunch as well as I am booking mine but really don't know which way to go! If I don't will I be the only one sat there with my first day at school style lunch box?!

    • 3 replies
    • 470 views
    jaffa20021546620003

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.