Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I'm due to start in March and don't want to sound like a swat but are there any good books around that would help me get a bit of a head start. Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 685 views
  2. jono_poth
    Started by jono_poth * ,

    i have been ccepte rom my pplication and now i have been contacted to take m nmber and verbal reasoning test at ecruitment centre will i have my interview the same day???

    • 6 replies
    • 491 views
  3. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi all, Just got a call to say I start at Derbyshire on March 19, anybody else start on same day. I've got my induction day next Wed (Feb 14).

    • 3 replies
    • 310 views
    sykes1545925530
  4. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi , Just found out I passed the test centre on Jan 11 for West Mercia! Anyone else out there who went to Coventry on 10/11??

    • 4 replies
    • 171 views
  5. Crobertson
    Started by Crobertson,

    is there anyone else still waiting to hear if they have through to the assesment centre? I heard on the 20/10/06 that i had got through the paper sift but haven't heard anything since? CR

    • 16 replies
    • 333 views
  6. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Hi guys, i am wondering if you could shed some light on a bit of a dilemma that i am having at the moment. Upon passing my papersift last September i started working out at home three night per week as well as incresing my calorific intake (on top of running once a week and playing football once a week for aerobic fitness). This was mainly due to the fact that i was 10 1/2 stone and 5 ft 11 in. and felt a bit light weight. I am now just over 11 stones in weight and feel that i fit my frame a bit better! But i have found out that my assessment centre etc will not be until later this year, so what i am thinking is should i carry on with this eating / excersise routine and…

    • 7 replies
    • 561 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  7. kerrypops
    Started by kerrypops,

    Hello, For anyone starting in GMP in the near future and still looking for boots, visit Outdoor Action on Stamford Street in Ashton Under Lyne (Towards the bottom end near Hitchens). They have a few pairs of Magnums and are really helpful! AND, if you flash your letter with your warrent number, you get a nice discount. My OH paid just £45 for a top of the range pair that were new on the market! Bargain!

    • 0 replies
    • 642 views
  8. ryan76
    Started by ryan76,

    Hi everyone, I know there's been a couple of posts already regarding tattoo's, but I just wanted to hear some views and advice. I am obviously very interested in joining the Police (Met would be great but they're not recruiting!). Anyway, why does the application form only ask if you have tattoo's on your face, forearms, neck etc etc, when clearly they are also interested in other potentially "offensive" tattoo's on other areas of your body! Isnt this a bit misleading and time wasting for both the potential candidate and the Police? I had a tattoo done a couple of years ago on my upper arm. It's pretty big but doesnt show below a short sleeved …

  9. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Hi all, I am currently waiting to receive a letter inviting me for fitness & medical assessments for Cambridgeshire Police. I passed my assessment in October 2006 and was told that I was to expect a lengthy wait. This, I gather, is due to a high number of applicants in the system that had already passed their assessment centre prior to me. I have noticed that there are now several new intake dates on the force website and was hoping my day of destiny may be nearing, although I do not think I will be on these specific intakes because they are very soon...... Does anyone have any idea at all how long I may be expected to wait?....a worst case and best case scenario w…

    • 8 replies
    • 400 views
  10. rkolendo
    Started by rkolendo,

    Has anyone else tried to get through to BTP recruitment with general enquiries about their application? I have an urgent matter which I would like to speak to them about but have had no replies on email and the phone just keeps ringing and ringing then going back to the automated voice options. Cheers Ryszard

    • 10 replies
    • 823 views
  11. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Just wanted to get a quick poll underway to see if you new recruits think you made the right decision in joining. Maybe also let me know where you are along the road to your 2 years. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 719 views
  12. Performance_Pursuit
    Started by Performance_Pursuit,

    Hi folks, I have just been introduced to my new SOLAP, and how lovely it is I am just starting out doing my reflective records, i wanted to know weather these records must be hand written or can they be typed? which would be my preference, as spelling and handwriting are my strongest points :) if so does anyone know where i can find an electronic form i can fill in, as all i have are the paperbased ones. Thanks PP

    • 6 replies
    • 823 views
    Performance_Pursuit
  13. Only Me
    Started by Only Me * ,

    I'm in the Royal Navy at the moment, but I'm definately thinking of leaving to join the Police Force, something I've wanted to do since I was really young, but I started getting into trouble around 14 - 16 years of age. My questions are: Does my criminal record from (Criminal damage when I was 16/17) count against me I left school with no GCSE's, but am quite clever, (had a low attention span when at school) I breezed the Naval entry test. What qualifications do you need to get into the Police??

    • 9 replies
    • 741 views
  14. Wowser
    Started by Wowser,

    I'm thinking of shifting forces, slightly more rural (somewhere like Devon and Cornwall- coastal etc for the kids)and wondered if anyone knew how I would stand if I tried to transfer into a trafffic role (I am in a traffic role now). I waited a long time to get the job and so would like to carry on in this vein. Can I do it:?:

    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  15. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    If anyone has any Hants recruitment questions please feel free to ask, Apart from Specific assessment centre questions i'll give you any advice you need on any other areas and what to expect. cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 381 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.