Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I've passed the standard entrance test and I have my initial interview in a couple of weeks. Has anyone just recently been for their initial interview with strathclyde? Could you let me know what kind of questions you were asked and who interviewed you? That would be great thanks!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 280 views
  2. rushie1546620075
    Started by rushie1546620075,

    Got 'that' call from Met Recruitment today. Am starting Hendon on March 19th. Fantastic feeling - if a little scary now it's so close. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

    • 13 replies
    • 689 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  3. wkdblue
    Started by wkdblue,

    Hey guys just joined the forums, I'm currently sizing up a new line of work and am just wondering if you could give any general pointers to a lad coming out of the army and into the police recruitment wise? I know its a pretty broad question but any help would be much appreciated! Gaz

  4. mac 111
    Started by mac 111,

    Passed my A/C, Medical next. I am so happy and I am going to have a beer to celebrate........

  5. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi all, I have finally been given a date for my fitness test of 21st February. Has any one any tips , i am so nervous. I have been preparing for this day since September but it doesn't help with the nerves, i want this so much. I will inform you of the outcome Wanna b

  6. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hey rainbm0, It seems all that chasing has paid off. I have received my date for my medical `14th February` so fingers crossed one step closer to the finishing line. Wanna b

    • 1 reply
    • 421 views
  7. peteratsea1546620082
    Started by peteratsea1546620082,

    Does anyone know when Surrey Police undertake their Security Checks? Is it pre assessment or post assessment. I remember having to sign a piece of paper at our Fitness Test giving them permission to start security checks as they said it takes a long time. Is this the security vetting or is there further checks to undertake? I only ask as reading on this forum there is mention of a CTC form which I have yet to receive. Many thanks for any advice.

    • 1 reply
    • 474 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  8. stuart_hatch
    Started by stuart_hatch,

    Hello there, new to the forum, so big hello from my self. I am looking to join the police force and i was wanting to know if my previous driving ban (SP50, 3 months ban, no points, 6 months ago) would seriously hinder myself from joining, and if i would be better waiting a few years till it is off my licence?

  9. andyh1981
    Started by andyh1981,

    I applied to Warickshire Police back in February 2006. Finally passed the assessment centre in November 2006 (yes 10 months wait), fitness/medical and security paperwork all completed/passed pretty quickly after that. Was given provisional start date of March 5th 2007 on January 10th. Then just 1 month before I due to start I get a letter telling me that due to "delays in getting security clearance" my date has been deferred for 5months to July 2nd. Good job I never handed my notice in otherwise I would have been out of a job! Also I had the chance to be earning more money than I am currently in a new job which I turned down on January 15th due to starting police sho…

    • 3 replies
    • 434 views
  10. Gemini
    Started by Gemini,

    Hello all, Well failed my assessment. I got 57% on the tests. My downfall was resilience and effective communication. Not put me off though will re-apply in six months time. Will use this six months to go through the feedback and work on the mistakes that I made. Just hope the six months will fly by.

  11. ddufton
    Started by ddufton,

    does anyone have any advice about whether or not there is anything i should be studying / learning / looking at, before i start my initial training with the MDP ?

    • 2 replies
    • 671 views
  12. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    Quick question. Are the vetting checks for a Constable role the same or more in depth than for PCSO?

    • 1 reply
    • 462 views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    How To Join The Police How To Become A Police Officer We've heard good reports / success stories about the above pack. PIRT Coaching, Selection Day Mock Interviews and Interactive Tests, and Assistance with Application Forms In 2 Police Police Oracle met with several companies offering 'help' with the police application process. We believe that In 2 Police offer a superb service, contact them for further details. You can now apply to join the police online here. Further information can be obtained from the Police Could You website. Police Oracle2007-06-27 14:06:36

  14. Rich999
    Started by Rich999,

    Anyone be kind enough to pass me a link to a site that will explain all about the different areas of the police EG Traffic, Firearms ETC. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 332 views
  15. Moffat
    Started by Moffat,

    I have sent my application to North Yorkshire police, but have heard reports that they are not really interested in young people due to their lack of life experience etc. Seeing as I am only 18 this might be a problem for me! I really want to get in, and think (and hope!) that I'm quite mature for my age. I am currently still at a state boarding school but have a part time job as a delivery driver which means I have met a lot of people with different backgrounds, and have friends of several different nationalies and races, and tend to be quite good at dealing with people. So my question is, do I stand any real chance of being successful in my application, and w…

    • 10 replies
    • 601 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.