Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gillboyd19
    Started by Gillboyd19 * ,

    Hi Can anyone who has had their first interview or has their's coming up soon get back to me! i'd like to swap soem info! Gill

    • 2 replies
    • 276 views
  2. thebrasso
    Started by thebrasso,

    Hi there, I could do with some advice on my competency questions. For me on question three: "Q3 Police Officers often need to remain calm and act logically and decisively in very difficult circumstances. Recall an occasion when you have been in a very challenging or difficult situation and had to make a decision that perhaps others disagreed with. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you reacted in the face of difficulty and challenge." I'm not sure if something personal would be suitable. I was going to mention that when my mum died in 2002 I was faced with whether I should return to university straight away or at the start of the next academic y…

    • 2 replies
    • 428 views
  3. cquincey
    Started by cquincey * ,

    Just a quick query ... I have my home visit for Lothian and Borders coming up shortly and was wondering whether I needed to wear a suit for the visit or whether black trousers and a smart shirt would be ok? Thanks!

    • 26 replies
    • 734 views
    nozza1546620103
  4. katec
    Started by katec,

    I am sure I've seen threads on this subject before but cant seem to see them now. Can anyone advise me as to which are the best boots, where can you get them and how much do they cost? :)

    • 28 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Just found out i failed my a/c, I'm soooooo upset, especially as it was only by 2% and i managed to get 100% in oral communication! I have cried for about an hour, and now i have just got off the phone to Bedfordshire police who are sending me an application for becoming PCSO......i will get in to police and there is no way I'm going to fail next time, hopefully this will give me more experience for six months time when i apply again :cry: :cry: :cry:

    • 11 replies
    • 918 views
  6. mrash
    Started by mrash,

    your 2yr probationary period? Are you simply told, "your good enough to stay" or "your not"? Or if you have found it a tough 2 years, is help offered to ensure your find the correct path within the force?

    • 2 replies
    • 339 views
  7. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    I may be jumping the gun because I haven't passed my assesment yet .... but forward planning and all that !! Has any one had any problems with the push pull test. The reason I'm asking is that I've been told you have to push and pull 35kg and the machine can't be lowered to a particular height so if you are a short a%se like me it's even harder! I have started down the gym with my hubby to try to increase my upper body strengh but at 5"2 and 8 stone I finding that weight quite hard going ! Has any one have any tips ? The bleep test I'm not too worried about because I managed almost level eight when I tried that out on a pre recruitment course and…

  8. Zi
    Started by Zi,

    Hey all. I'm new here so would first just like to say hello. I have just applied to join the MOD Police and am awaiting a reply. Just wondered whether you guys and girls could perhaps offer me some advice as to what I should expect? Mostly in terms of timeframes, etc. Kind regards. Zi.

    • 10 replies
    • 719 views
  9. Teflon1546620083
    Started by Teflon1546620083,

    Got the borough choice list today: Kensington and Chelsea Hammersmith and Fulham Hackney Tower Hamlets Redbridge Newham Lewisham Harrow Brent Hounslow Merton Wandsworth Ealing Haringey Royal Parks Think I'm gonna pick Redbridge or Newham....

    • 36 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Anonymous
    Started by Anonymous,

    Hi there! Do you have to go to a police academy before becoming a police officer in the UK? I read on the recruitment site, but I didn't really understand what they said. Here, in Sweden, you must go to the police academy for 2 years, and then you have six months where you have field studies. How do you do in the UK? /Simon

    • 0 replies
    • 703 views
  11. Chazza
    Started by Chazza,

    If your chosen force aren't providing uniform for a couple of weeks then you could do an awful lot worse than head down to an Asda supermarket. I picked up 4 shirts, 2 ties and a pair of trousers for under £40. I'm hardly going to use them again, so I thought they'll be ideal. Ok they're not exactly Next quality but they'll do.... Might be worth a punt 8)

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  12. wilki486
    Started by wilki486,

    Today marked the end of the recruitment process for me. I applied for the role of constable in May 2006 and I was informed today that I will be offered a contract to start with Grampian Police on 12th March ! Good luck to everyone else, hang in there !!

    • 14 replies
    • 571 views
  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Every now and then some threads come along which are worth referring to. recruitment interviews PIRT & Recruitment Interview Forum

  14. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I have just passed my standard entrance test and I have my initial interview for strathclyde in a couple of weeks. Has anyone been for their initial interview recently? Could you give me an idea of the questions asked and who interviews you? That would be great thanks!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 259 views
  15. David222941546080888
    Started by David222941546080888,

    Just to let you all no i have just got a letter in and i am sitting my test on the 26th of fenuary. What is it like when you go to the traning centre i am asking this because on the letter it says that it will take atleast 3 hours?????? cheers David

    • 10 replies
    • 770 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.