Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rainbm0
    Started by rainbm0,

    I have been given a start date of 12th March. One quick question to anyone who would know from West Mids or elsewhere. Will I get to pick a shortlist of preferred OCU's and if so, at what stage will this happen? Either way, Im over the moon!!

  2. denimboy
    Started by denimboy,

    Can anyone tell me whats the vetting process entails. Do they go through your tax records and find out all the jobs you had or is it just to make sure you provided address's of where you have lived and that you have no criminal records CCJ's ect. I ahve had quite afew jobs in my time and feel this could slow down my process???

    • 2 replies
    • 595 views
  3. hkpete

    Just over a month back I got a Section 59 for careless driving from a Traffic Officer. I was coming down an off ramp from the dual carriageway going a bit too fast. Will this cause a problem for my application, I'm particularly worried because I'm applying for North Wales Police, and you might have heard of the reputation they have with their road policing! The Officer who issued the ticket told me it wouldn't be a problem. But just thought I'd get some other opinions. Thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 402 views
    rhumbathunder1546619922
  4. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, Have been told that the only thing recruitment are waiting for now is my crb check but I may be able to start without it as the backlog is long at the moment. Has anybody else started without the crb being complete. I just want to get going.

    • 8 replies
    • 627 views
  5. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    HELLO PEEPS! I HAVE PASSED MY PAPERSIFT AND I GOT AN A/C DATE FOR THE 21ST FEBRUARY 07 AT 11.15AM BUT I THINK AM UNLIKELY TO PASS IT OR EVEN ATTEND, FIRST OF ALL PEOPLE PUT ME OFF SAYING YOU WONT GET THROUGH THE FIRST STAGE BUT I DID BUT NOW PEOPLE SAYING I WILL NEVER PASS THE A/C!!! I FELL VEXED WHEN PEOPLE MAKE WASTE COMMENTS ONLINE AND ELSEWHERE, I AM FULLY GUTTED!!!!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 274 views
  6. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi, I've just passed my a/c at west mids, i took it on 19th Dec. I've sent off my security forms etc and wondered if they send for you to do your fitness test during the time they're checking your references etc. or do they wait until you're references and security checks come back ok before they send you for that? also, anyone any idea how long the references checks are etc for west mids? i know each force varies you see. do the security checks etc take a while to get back. just wondered if anyone who'd recently passed their a/c at west mids knew anything that could give me a rough idea. some people i've notice who've done their a/c in dec for different forces have …

    • 6 replies
    • 464 views
    vimto1546620109
  7. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    Passed my fitness today, I don't know what I was so worried about! Well done Kevlar on passing too!! Good luck to everyone waiting, it's not bad at all :wink:

    • 11 replies
    • 487 views
  8. trev181
    Started by trev181,

    Hey people I am looking for some help, on the application form when filling in the bit about Qualifications I have run out of room to write them in!!! Has anybody else had to use continuation pages? I am just wondering what I use for them, a bit of lined paper or can I print a proper police continuation page out somewhere? Thanks for any help in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 426 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  9. bessie
    Started by bessie,

    Hi everyone New to the site. Just woundering if anybody else is attending the A/C in April for Gloucestershire police force.

    • 3 replies
    • 415 views
  10. Bluesteel705
    Started by Bluesteel705,

    Hey, have applied to Cambridge and assuming I pass the A/C etc I know references are sought at the last stage. I worked for my previous employer from Oct 05 to Oct 06 during that time I injured myself at work and tried to get compensation but my employer claimed I was on holiday at the time!! This is still ongoing. They have been put down as a reference, but I know that they wont give me a good one now. (I know how spiteful they can be to ex employees ) Is my best bet to explain this to recruitment? Can I request that they not be referenced? Any help is appreciated, Thanks :wink: P.S Ive already read the homeoffice guidelines on references.

  11. andrewwalker
    Started by andrewwalker * ,

    Basically Does anyone know where there would be more than one practice test for the assesment day.

    • 2 replies
    • 394 views
  12. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Just thought there might be some of us out there. What stage are you at if you are?

    • 20 replies
    • 971 views
  13. joannaemmas
    Started by joannaemmas,

    I am a little concerned about the push/pull on the dymo.. What kind of weights exercies should I be doing at the gym, and what kind of weights?

    • 15 replies
    • 740 views
  14. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    questions be exactly the same core competencies that you were asked in the application form?

    • 3 replies
    • 359 views
  15. Jon261980
    Started by Jon261980,

    Hi , not sure if this has been posted before or whether the link will work, but I think this is a useful site for people to look at cheers, Jon www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officer/Medical_59-2004.pdf

    • 2 replies
    • 455 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.