Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ABoothby
    Started by ABoothby,

    I'm, 20 years old and am currently in my third year of a university games design course, however, i cannot stand the thought of being stuck in an office all day staring at a screen trying to make sure a blade of grass looks realistic enough. Almost instantly after starting my course i had thoughts about joining the police, with aspirations to become a police dog handler, since i love animals but have not heard of any vacancies in the police tiger training units. i currently have a weight lifting routine that involves four sessions a week (chest, back and triceps day 1, legs abs and biceps day 2, etc) and i go on the treadmill at least once a day for the rest of the week s…

    • 4 replies
    • 711 views
  2. cafsmile
    Started by cafsmile,

    Anyone out there going for MDP, or been for it? I have my two day assessment in February and bricking it may be a fair word, although done lots of homework, so have every part of my body crossed!!

    • 3 replies
    • 252 views
  3. KirstyH
    Started by KirstyH,

    I found out today that I'm number 30 on the list, but what does that mean? Does anyone know how many go into an intake? I would phone personnel back (they left me a message), but they are horribly busy with a recruitment drive this week so I don't want to bother them. Thanks.

    • 10 replies
    • 680 views
  4. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Do you often work in the town that you live or are you posted to a near town?

    • 4 replies
    • 382 views
  5. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    I was just wondering how much studying all of you tried to do before your assesment centre, i have mine tomorrow and im paranoid i havent done enough.

    • 7 replies
    • 610 views
    rushie1546620075
  6. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Do you find out on the day if you have passed the medical?

    • 3 replies
    • 473 views
  7. Gemma2000
    Started by Gemma2000,

    Does having astigmatism in one eye affect your chances of getting in the police? i went for a contact lens check up at the weekend and she said that my left eye has astigmatism

    • 3 replies
    • 385 views
  8. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    is what we'll become if they don't raise the standard for the fitness. Just had mine today and it was almost embarrassing watching some of the more unfit participants pull out of the beep-test before level 3!!!! How can a police officer be expected to make a foot chase in all his or her gear when the only thing they have to do is 5.4 on the bleep test? Im not having a go or trying to sound haughty - but taking that test has meant my admiration for the job has taken a bit of a knock. The sgt. afterwards even said how easy it was and that is was an achievement not to be proud of. Loughborough uni apparently have conducted research and have come to the conclusion that a …

    • 20 replies
    • 554 views
  9. 5581daniel
    Started by 5581daniel,

    I've done it!!!! I managed to get level 7 on the bleep test, 78kg on the push and 71kg on the pull. I wish everyone else good luck!

    • 1 reply
    • 223 views
  10. retsae
    Started by retsae,

    Hello there, I'm in my final year of a media degree course and have recently been considering a job in the police force because it seems like an intersting job with a secure income and other benefits such as promotion opportunities. Essex Police are accepting recruitment packs till 31 Jan 2007. Although I haven't completely made up my mind and will not graduate till June 2007 I am considering applying now so that I will not have to wait a year or so to join Essex Police. Is this jumping in head first or planning for the future?

  11. advocado
    Started by advocado,

    Is anybody else that uses this forum a current applicant for Nottinghamshire Police? If so, doe's anybody know what the plan might be for pressing on with the current applicants who have passed thier assessment centre? Anyone heard anything other than rumors, with regards to when Nott's plan to have the next intakes from the current applicants? Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 332 views
  12. dazed1984
    Started by dazed1984,

    Hi, I have just been informed of final vetting, does this mean I am likely to get a start date any time soon? Also are they going to contact my current employer as I haven't told them about my application yet

    • 3 replies
    • 491 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  13. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hi, Just a quick question really as i start my training in just over a week. Does anyone know where the safety training is now done as there is no more Ashford training. Thanks Zoe :wink:

    • 5 replies
    • 683 views
  14. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Hello I am intrested in joining the police and just wanted to know peoples work patterns, i am thinking of West mercia but it would be intresting to see what people do. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 451 views
  15. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, anybody current within the Derbyshire recruitment process ?

    • 6 replies
    • 474 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.