Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. KevCarter
    Started by KevCarter,

    Hi, first time poster here. I have passed all of the recruitment stages except the medical and fitness. My medical is this afternoon. I have just received my medical questionnaire from my doctor and I am somewhat concerned about what my doctor last year diagnosed as "Tension headaches" which are stress related. I have therefore had to tick the box labelled "Depression, Anxiety, Phobia, or Stress related problems" although I have gone on to explain that I think the diagnosis was rubbish. I was under no pressure from any area of my life and felt under no stress whatsoever yet my doctor twice prescribed anti-depressants which I promptly didnt take. Instead I looked at w…

    • 5 replies
    • 382 views
  2. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    Is anyone else going to Sheffield for their assessment on March 7?just wondering if I'm the only person on here wanting to join SYorks.

    • 7 replies
    • 348 views
  3. Nooblet
    Started by Nooblet,

    Less than 3 weeks to go...hopefully I can revise all I need to within that time :)

    • 22 replies
    • 562 views
  4. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    Had my A/C for WYP on the 19th december, still not had my results. However people who had the A/C after me have already been called to say they have passed. Im thinking that ive failed, as i havent had the call has anyone else had to wait this long and did you get informed that youd passed by post or phone? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 405 views
  5. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi, ive passed my a/c, got my fitness/medical this saturday and have already been given a start date (was originally feb 12th but uni committments mean i have to wait until aprill 10th) i just have a few questions about what will happen on 10th april!!! i understand that it is the 32 week introductory period, of which every day has to be attended, but what actually happens???are we paid? are we on the beat at the same time as doing this? are we uniformed? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. kerrypops
    Started by kerrypops,

    Hello, My OH has been given a start date of the 19th March. We have been invited to a wedding on 28th April but I am not sure whether he would be able to make it as I am unsure of the training format. Is the training in the first few month's Mon - Fri or does it involve shifts working with bobby's on the beat? The force is GMP if that makes any difference. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 253 views
  7. johnkynaston
    Started by johnkynaston,

    Hi this is my first post on here any advice would be greatly welcomed, just done the four competency questions using information and advice on here, i am just filling in the remaining questions 5 - 10 i know it sounds daft but it asks why do you want to become a police officer and why have you chosen the force you have (Lancashire) Am i thinking about it too much or should i write what sounds the normal response , ie i want to become a police officer because the jobs is never the same and constantly challenging and rewarding and that Lancs is my local force? i cant help feeling that these are just standard answers that everyone must put???? Sorry if this rambles a bit be…

    • 6 replies
    • 531 views
  8. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    After all there is a massive recruitment campaign on at the mo, there must be loads out there?? If you are what stage are you at?

    • 4 replies
    • 244 views
  9. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi there, has anyone completed the fitness test for the GMP, if so can you throw some light on it as to what it involves? Thanks mikeylegs2007-01-30 18:04:53

  10. scotia2007
    Started by scotia2007,

    Would a criminal record from 10 years ago for 1 assault prevent me from becoming a police officer/special?

  11. rosie1545925491
    Started by rosie1545925491,

    Hi there peps, Well not being successful last time in getting into T.V. and failing by 58% on assessment day has not stopped me......oh no...ive waited the VERY LONG 6 months to reapply and ive just posted my shiney new application (march 2) form back to T.V. I am better prepared than the last time and know more about the application procedure and i hope.... oh do i hope to crack it this time...i just wanna start my new career. Well i will keep you posted...I expect to hear in around 3 months whether ive made it through paper shift!

    • 4 replies
    • 561 views
    rosie1545925491
  12. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi everyone, Its been 12 long days since i did my assessment and still i have no results! I have emailed recruitment today who told me they still didn't have them, is this normal. Have any of you experienced delays with Centrex getting the results out? I'm getting really anxious now and thinking maybe recruitment told me this because I've failed and they didn't want to tell me over email! I'm being stupid i know but cant help getting that doubting feeling.

    • 8 replies
    • 424 views
  13. daverodhouse
    Started by daverodhouse,

    Hi I have my fitness test on the 8th Feb, i'm not worried about it as im in fairly good shape, however i have a question about urine or blood tests. I go to the gym alot and take a supplement called Creatine, its totally legal and available in shops, however im worried that if they take a urine test, would me taking this me a problem? Thanks Dave

  14. dave201984
    Started by dave201984,

    When I filled out the job history section of the application i didnt put in a job that i was only on the books for four days ealier this year. To be honest i complely forgot about it! (I didnt get the sack or anything!) Do you think this will be a major problem or should i just contact recruitment and explain why its not there? Appreciate any advice given dave

    • 1 reply
    • 393 views
  15. LH D&C
    Started by LH D&C,

    OK, never posted before, here goes. Probee, been in 16months, looking for other jobs elsewhere already. Constantly have 20 to 30jobs on my workload. No support from management, SGT upwards. Hated by public, be they offender or aggrieved. Stats?!?!?! Bloody admin detections and having to v/a or talk to named offenders even if the victim has specifically stated they dont want you to for their own safety. Sooooooooooooooooo many other reasons but I'll stop there and breaaaaaaathe. Fume. Tesco, here I come. Am I the only one frustrated at not being allowed to POLICE!!!!

    • 49 replies
    • 3.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.