Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. COBO
    Started by COBO,

    Well done Kate! Not long to go now - you know where you're gonna be stationed yet?

    • 0 replies
    • 406 views
  2. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what kent police starting pay is please. On their site it is dated 2005 :roll: It has not been updated. Also what it goes up to after the 32 week period? Cheers Zoe :wink:

    • 6 replies
    • 750 views
  3. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Hello, Does anybody have a copy of the 2006 police audio learning cd they wish to sell :?:

    • 3 replies
    • 455 views
    nozza1546620103
  4. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I've passed most stages such as fitness, medical, references and finance checks have all been done. Recruitment just told me they are waiting on my cid and crb checks from met & notts as I lived in London for 5 years. Do the met usually take a long time for things like this ?

    • 3 replies
    • 644 views
  5. missamytaylor
    Started by missamytaylor * ,

    Hi there, I am currently waiting my dates for the interview and assessments and was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of questions. Will the competency interview be asking different questions to those asked in the initial competency questionnaire? If so, do we need to provide different answers, and if not, what sort of questions could they ask? Alos, what type of roleplay situations could I be faced with? Thank you :)

    • 7 replies
    • 958 views
    missamytaylor *
  6. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    In the assessment centre how did you lay out your report writing? I failed an assessment centre in July 06 on the evacuation and music shop theft report writing. I was just wondering if anyone can suggest the best possible style? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 576 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  7. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Hello, I have heard today that I have passed all stages and that they only need a reference now from my present employer. However it is 7 weeks before my start date and my employers only ask for 4 weeks, they will find out tomorrow that I have applied for the police so a little worried. Does anybody know if they can terminate my contract because I have applied for another job or am I safe.

    • 18 replies
    • 798 views
  8. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    I currently have an application going through for Avon and Somerset (as per below) and I am currently working as a PCSO in the same force. However a woman is almost certainly going to make a complaint about me for my actions while at work. This woman is known to the station as a hysterical, hostile woman and suffice to say her allegations are garbage. Is this going to affect my application which is hopefully going through its final stages asap?

    • 10 replies
    • 592 views
  9. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Passed my Final Board interview yesterday and still cannot believe it. =D> So happy that I am even typing this in blue font! When I arrived at FHQ a chap had just come out of his interview and was waiting outside the room whilst they decided if he had passed. He was called back in and then about 5 minutes later came out and shook his head as he had failed. I felt so bad for him as I know how much it means to people. Felt more pressure though. Was in my interview for 50 minutes although it only felt like 10. Sat outside for about 4 minutes before they called me back in and told me the good news. Now have to wait between 1 and 2 months for a medical and fitness.…

    • 6 replies
    • 483 views
    The Stig1546620068
  10. paddyboardman
    Started by paddyboardman,

    As above! I've applied to Merpol. CTC Sent Spet 06 and I'm still waiting!! Argh. Anyone else?

    • 3 replies
    • 548 views
    miccstaff1546620083
  11. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Can anyone suggest the best way to study for the tests; suggest suitable study guides/books etc?

    • 11 replies
    • 701 views
  12. northern_rock
    Started by northern_rock,

    If you were to fail at the application stage, i.e you didn't get through to the assessment stage, would that mean you had to wait 6 months before reapplying? Or does that rule only apply to failing the assessment stage? Cheers,

  13. newman
    Started by newman,

    I have now completed the rejoining process for WMP and passed the fitness test this morning. I rang Recruitment to tell them and they asked me to come and collect my 'offer letter'. Any way collected it and I start on 12th Feb on the E3. I've been told to expect a phone call to clarify the details, like where I'm being stationed etc... Good luck to everyone.

  14. peteratsea
    Started by peteratsea,

    Found out the other day that I passed my assessment for Surrey Police. I am soooooo Happy !!

    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  15. STE C
    Started by STE C,

    I recently received an application pack from Lancashire. Inside was a leaflet showing salaries. I don't have it to hand at the moment so this is from memory On appointment £20,500 ish On commenceing job £ £22,00 ish The leaflet is dated September 2005 :?: :?: Are these salaries the latest?? And does the commening job mean after the 12 week trainning?

    • 24 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.