Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Anonymous
    Started by Anonymous,

    Hi All I am just practising for the written exercise (memo's/letter) and am considering different scenarios that I can practice, and trying to include RRD, Teamworking etc into the answers. I have come across an example that I am baffled and not sure how to complement both parties fairly. What about if shop keeps from the Westshire Centre are complaining about hoodies and baseball caps and wanting them banned like a resent shopping centre implemented. My problems with the written response to this are how to solve it fairly:- 1. RRD needs to be considered so a ban is out 2. Could be asked to remove hat or pull hoodie down from head if entering shop for sake of say CC…

    • 2 replies
    • 408 views
  2. The50
    Started by The50,

    Hi All, I'm a special at Essex and I just seen on their website that they are taking regulars now based on "old" fails at assessment June 05 onwards. I took my regulars assessment back in April 06, when i saw the words fail I had a very quick read before it got binned. So problem is I can't look back and see if im eligable to now forward for the medical for the regulars. Could someone tell me, is it possible to track down old SEARCH and assessment grades, I have no idea where to begin, Specials Support team weren't very helpful but I don't want to miss out as I know I only failed 1 role-play and cant remember which one it was. Any help is great, …

    • 4 replies
    • 528 views
  3. kalliso
    Started by kalliso,

    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone out there has any information they could give me on the recruitment process? I have just had my medical and still waiting for the results of that, I have passed my fitness test and assessment centre. The recruitment team have asked my employer for references and now sent me a letter saying that the initial start date, which was to be March, has now been canceled, due to insufficient funds, and that it may be June or July before they have another intake date. No offer of a position has been made to me as yet. Does anyone know what the next step is? do I wait for an offer? or do I keep ringing the recruitmen…

  4. SG07
    Started by SG07,

    Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me, if you have been in this situation. I applied to join (Warwickshire) in 2005, I got to Assessment stage but I missed by 4% (as they brought the pass mark up to 60% I believe). Now 6 months has passed - Do you think, realistically, if I apply again, (even if to a different force) my application would be considered? - I am really worried as I did not pass the interview for Specials a couple of years ago (but passed the written test). Look forward to any advice you may have.

  5. oldbillplod
    Started by oldbillplod,

    I keep hearing about the bleep test and that some say they start on level one at a walk and others stating they start at a jog, I know for sure that on ours you have to jog at level one and was interested to hear what others have to do.

    • 29 replies
    • 2.8k views
  6. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi all. If I started on March 19 (Derbyshire) do you know when my first pay day would be ? Would it be end of March or end of April ? Just trying to make sure I have enough in there for mortgage etc.

    • 1 reply
    • 688 views
  7. weebob1546620113
    Started by weebob1546620113 * ,

    Hi, I have my final police interview on Feb 6 for Strathclyde police. I was wondering if anybody could tell me is there are any hot topic they will ask me about in the interview apart from the usual questions? Thanks :? Claire

    • 1 reply
    • 291 views
  8. Big Mack
    Started by Big Mack,

    Hello everyone I recently passed the paper sift for BTP but have since transferred my application to Lancashire. How flexible is the police as regards actual shifts? I am married with 3 children. As you imagine things can be hectic with school runs, etc. Worst case scenario if I get a "difficult" shift pattern I am sure I can cope as I am lucky to have a supportive mum and dad who help out alot looking after the kids. Anyway I would be appreciate advice from those who are in the Police and have children or other circumstances that require flexibility. Are the shift patterns set in stone? For example, if I had to take the children to school (and the youngest to my pa…

    • 6 replies
    • 538 views
  9. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    helloo can anybody tell me the process from sending off an application form to actually being a probationer and tou for the first time? thanks. alos no. of weeks etc in the training will be helpful. :)

    • 10 replies
    • 557 views
  10. STE C
    Started by STE C,

    I have recently withdrawn my BTP application (of which the papershift I had passed) to apply to Lancashire instead. I have filled in the application and had to use liquid paper to correct 4 mistakes :evil: :evil: :evil: Do you get marked down for this??

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. juliaellen
    Started by juliaellen,

    Hi All Took fitness test for kent police last week and i failed!! Yes i know i must be really unfit to fail, but fail i did!! They warmed us up to level 3 before hand and then made us start the real bleep test straight away so i was already beginning to sweat before i started. i made it to level 5.2!!! Anyways, i have since hired a personal trainer who has watched me do the bleep test and apparently my turns were crap, my breathing was crap and i am a bit flat footed. So basically it was my technique that let me down. Can anyone advise me on any breathing techniques, and the best running trainers to buy? I have worked on my turns, which have improved dramatically, b…

    • 8 replies
    • 756 views
  12. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I have gone through all recruitment processes and they are doing finance checks, crb checks at the mo so all should be fine I think. Have been invited for an induction day on Feb 14 so hoping to get start date soon. Anybody know how much notice you get, i'm hoping to be able to give at least 6 weeks to my employer.

    • 6 replies
    • 673 views
  13. linus2
    Started by linus2,

    What exactly is a Student Officer and whats the difference between a Student Officer and a Probationer ?

    • 6 replies
    • 734 views
  14. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi, As mentioned previously, hoping to get start date for around March. A little worried about the training as I'm 26 and have not done exams etc since school. Do you get lots of support along the way during training to pass exams etc. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 654 views
  15. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    With the news that all forces have been told to reduce costs and cut back on police staff and officers, it's a wander that any of us will get in! As much as it pains me to say, it's got to affect recruitment surely. How could it not?

    • 3 replies
    • 438 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.