Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Are The Stig and myself the only ones out there who are trying to get in Leicestershire Constabulary?
-
Hi there, I hope this isn't bringing up a topic which has already been covered... if it has then can someone point me in the right direction. I am currently filling in an application form for Essex Police Force and i am really stuck on one of the competency questions. The basic jist of the question is you have to think of a situation where you had to tell someone or a group of people something they might find upsetting or difficult to hear. My problem is i just can't think of anytime i have ever been in this situation, let alone what i said and how i reacted. Due to some family problems i have left the filling in of my application form to the last minute (i know... n…
-
I am Applying to become a regular police officer for strathclyde police and i wanted to no what i need to revise for on my set test. I was on the bbc bitsize website and i seen the revision for maths etc on there but what do i need to study for specificly for the s.e.t test on the website so that i am prepaird. Thanks
-
I've got a test date for 22nd January and wondered whether anyone else on here has the same date?
-
Hi there I have a Strathclyde hopeful coming to see me on Friday who has his final interview later this month. Can anyone out there who has recently sat a final interview please let me know what kind of questions you are being asked and what are the hot topics. Thanks.
-
Hi, I had my medical on the 14th of december for GMP this was the final stage. It has been 4 weeks without contact from GMP and I am getting anxious. Do you think it is too soon to ring them or will it do my application harm to pester them. I understand that they are busy people but I dash home from work every day in the hope that I will find a brown envelope by the door. Steven :shock:
-
Hi all, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Can anyone help? I passed my assessment in July for West Midlands Police I am now waiting for my medical and fitness test. I have filled out all necessary medical papers and some other forms, security paperwork , I think. Yet nearly six months on I am still waiting. Does it really take this long, or should I be concerned? I was told this would be a lengthy process but the waiting is doing me head in. Has any one out there been through the process with Westmids, do you have any idea how long it takes from assessment to fitness? Please HELP! Wanna b
-
- 1 reply
- 497 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone… well the date is nearly upon me now but I have a few little queries – I know they’re pretty silly but if there’s anything I can do to prevent more worry/thinking on the day it’s certainly worth a try – if any kind person could help, I would be extremely grateful! 1) With the written exam, does it matter what format you set the letter out in (i.e. could you lose points)? I have the How to Succeed book and their letter doesn’t seem the best example to use! I deal with letters from the Court/Solicitors/Police every day so id rather set it out in the format they use as opposed to the How to Succeed’s one… 2) For the role-play, should y…
-
Hi all, First time on here, but have read alot of helpful posts. I have a quick question about securtiy and vetting checks. I've currently passed my A/C and I'm waiting for a fitness test and Medical. I've never been in any trouble with the police, no points on my licence, no parking tickets or anything. However, last year my wife, who is chinese wanted me to bring her brother over here to visit. So I put myself down as a sponsor on his visiting visa and he was granted it. He was due to stay for 1 month before going back, but 3 weeks into his visit he said he didn't want to go back and wanted to stay here. I told him that wasn't possible and that he had to go back a…
-
hi, i got throgh in the end. The phone lines were so jammed, but i have now been booked onto my recruitment evening. Just wondering if anyone else was hoping to get into sussex? Also can anyone tell me, it looks like its about 6-12 months of tests and exams before you even start your 2year probation period. Thats a lot of hanging around?
-
Devon and Cornwall have finally opend up the application process again, but unfortuatly they are only considering applicants for the torbay region and north Devon. I gave Middlemoor a quick call today as I have already sent my application in last month. I asked a few questions and was told that if i want to work in Torquay I would have to live there and permanently set up home. I was hoping that I could commute from plymouth as the mrs and I are current setting up home. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? There is currently up to a two year wait for plymouth and nearby surrounding areas of cornwall and I would obviously much prefer to enter the fore before th…
-
Hi all and happy new year. I have a problem, when i connect with internet explorer 7 my browsing is very slow 5 minuts for open a html page. I dont know why i dont touch my setting is deafult with kaspersky 6.0 if disable the security service my browsing is very fast. My sistem is win xp with 1gb ram and centrino duo can help me? Tnx and sorry but my eng is very bad.
-
Hi all, Im in recruitment process for MDP passed paper sift assesment centre very soon. Im quite confident that I'll pass everything, (not being cocky but I never feel pressure and I've worked really hard to prepare). Anyway, Ive just been reading some Horror stories on this site about people failing after for the most minor things on the ref chcks stage. Im ex army and while i was in the forces i was SC and also underwent developed vetting. However, when I decided to leave it upset a few people who would probably be referees. (not by choice but mil refs are ALWAYS sort). My question is 1. Can an ex employer refuse to give a ref 2. At what stage are mil referenc…
-
I got a phone call from recruitment yesterday informing me of the good news! They said the results will be sent via the post, so just waiting to see what score i got now. Glad to have the wait over!
-
Hi, i've just passed my a/c and had the pack through with security questions and health checks. I had an incident 7 years ago, only minor one but not sure if i got a caution or not. how do i find out what i have on my record? I said about this on my app form but said i didnt have specific details. also, about 4 years ago i got in a bit of trouble money wise, no big debt just a couple of hundred pounds and had my card taken away, wasnt a credit card, but paid it off there and then and never had a problem since. i was at uni and a struggling student! will this go against me? I completely forgot to put this on my app form as it was a while back and i'd completely forgot…