Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Well guys, after 8 weeks on the Professional Development Unit, my tutor and PDU supervisor have signed me off for independent patrol!!! Cannot wait to finally get out with my squad properly and not have to worry as much about "developmental" jobs!!! And for all you out there just starting or due to start in the near future, make a point of trying to get the SOLAP explained to you properly. We were the first group in force to be trained in house and use the SOLAP and only just beginning to understand what is required from it!
-
Why do people ask questions in here instead of going to the force instead? Occasionally we can offer accurate information but a lot of times its not relevant to the force you've applied for or just pure hear say. As much as i love this forum, i would suggest ring the force you've applied for, its more accurate than a monkey like me answering a question. I apologise for the negative comments, i start on the 12th march so i should be full of happiness! Please feel free to reply or put me in my place :)
-
My mother bless her, who is an advisor in a bank is always chatting to her police officer regulars about me and my progress etc . Anyway, the other day one officer told her that the police pay off your student loan if you join. Is this complete nonsense? I suspect it is... but I won't dismiss the idea fully until I have your support people! Ta
-
Hi, At what stage are you issued with the warrant card? Is it on appointment or once the initial training is complete?
-
-
**Great News** I have been offered a provisional start date of the 26th March for Staffs Police. This is the best news I've had in a long time. Thanks to everyone for there support and best wishes for those currently in the application process. Jon
-
Good evening! Perhaps I should start by introducing myself. 26/M/London, currently working as a Area Manager for large security company. Recently found this forum and was hoping that you perhaps could help me to answer a recruitment question. I have already looked in the recruitment forum and its brilliant :) I have always wanted to become a Police officer. Been working a few years in the security industry, as a body guard, investigator and now as a Area Manager. Although I am making good money, I still feel that this is not what I am meant to be doing. My dream is to become a police officer. I have spent 2 weeks with different units in the MET to get a fee…
-
Does anyone know the shifts and times of Regulars in fife constabulary? Is it different depending on which station you are based at?
-
... your first day of training do you get sworn in as a constable? Or is it in fact before this day or actually on the first day? Ta
-
Hi I have passed my papershift and A/C for Nottingham Police but when i rang them to see what the next stage is they informed me that they have had a huge number of pass rates and once all the A/C have finished they will then take the top 20 or so people from the A/C and put them through the fitness test and medical etc. This could all take till 2008 / 2009 - do you think it is worth writing to nearby police i.e Derby or Leicester to see if i can do my fitness test etc there or would i have to start all over again??
-
I finally recieved my initial offer of employment as a Police Constable pending my referee checks. As long as they are ok which they should be, i'll be starting my training for Northumbria Police in March, exactly one year since i sent in my intial application. Even though i had previously applied and failed an assessment centre the previous year by 1%! Im well excited but absoltuely bricking it now....... anyone got any tips for preparing myself?
-
- 2 replies
- 436 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there I have a Strathclyde hopeful coming to see me on Friday who has his final interview later this month. Can anyone out there who has recently sat a final interview please let me know what kind of questions you are being asked and what are the hot topics. Thanks.
-
Gemini what was the course that you went on?
-
Please could someone tell me what sort of answers they had in there head for the interview questions, i don't actually want someone to give me there exact answers just a couple examples, I'm struggling a bit!! Thanks
-
does anyone know the current pay scales for the MDP? Is it any different from HO forces and when does the pay increase, the MDP website has confused me slightly... :?