Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Ive got my assassment centre date today 18th Jauary, im sooooooooo excited!! Ive waited over a year for this!

    • 11 replies
    • 334 views
  2. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi guys I'm new to this website but would like to know if anyone can give me any information on the medical test. I have just passed my fitness bleep test etc... and awaiting a date for the assesment date in march, can anyone tell me for the medical if they will be looking into my medical records with the doctor or if on the day you just get bombarded with questions and tests etc.. Thanks guys!!!!

  3. Jon261980
    Started by Jon261980,

    Hi all, I have passed the papersift and assesment stage of Police Recruitment. I am currently awaiting a date for my physical and medical assesments. I am currently on medication for my asthma (one dose of becotide am and one pm). My condition is completely under control and I often forget that I have it. I am 26 years old and I've not had an attack since the age of 5. Yet, I am still nervous that I am going to be rejected because of this. Is there anyone that can put my mind at ease, antoher asthma suffer who has passed the assesment and can advise me. Cheers in advance....

    • 7 replies
    • 451 views
  4. NDB
    Started by NDB,

    At just 5'9 and just over 11 stone (69.8KG) I feel that I'm a little light at the moment to pass the push and pull test comfortably. I'm currently doing press-up's, but when I get to about 10 my arms feel like they are going to give way, so I have to stop and come back to them after a while. Does anyone else have any tips for improving strength up top? At work there are a set of weights in the Jan Sales so I was thinking of getting these to try and help out more. I'm not keen on gyms so I try to avoid them at all costs, tends to be full of people who love themselves to much in my expirence. :?

    • 24 replies
    • 830 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  5. ajs2k2
    Started by ajs2k2,

    Hi. I have my physical on the 11th of january and was wondering about the bleep test. The required level is 5.4. Will they stop the test at 5.4 or are you meant to keep running until you can no more? Do you gain any credit for reaching higher levels? Thankyou in advance

    • 12 replies
    • 749 views
  6. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Hi, i have recently been rejected at the paper sift stage for GMP. I know why, my application form was rushed as i was going travelling for 4 months and wanted to get an app form in before i went so it wasnt a great suprise. Anyway, i really want to join Notts Police as its where i went to University and would really like to live in the area. Does anyone know or have any idea when they are next taking on? I cant apply until April because of my rejection but im hoping by this time, they will be taking on as i would do anything to be on the Notts force. thanks guys

    • 2 replies
    • 284 views
  7. Kram1546620112
    Started by Kram1546620112 * ,

    Thanks for the prompt replies to that previous post. I have another few questions now though! What is the crack with people in reserve forces when it comes to joining the police? I have heard from someone that they sometimes make you ditch the TA/RMR until your probation is complete. I spoke to the recruitment poeple and all they could tell me is that they have a quota for how many poeple they will let go on a tour of duty at any one time. That doesn;t really answer my question though.

    • 3 replies
    • 398 views
  8. Kram1546620112
    Started by Kram1546620112 * ,

    Hi, A few years ago I was a director of a limited company. Things didn;t go well and we had to close the company. We owed the enterprise company about £2K and another company around £500. We wrote to everyone and said very sorry etc but can't continue to trade. Company owed me and partner quite a lot too! No one asked us for the money as they knew we were a startup (and therefore a risk) and was no way we were ever going to be able to come up with it. I want to apply for police now and am worried by what I read in section 9, under financial vetting on http://specials.homeoffice.gov.uk/document...ent?view=Binary Is this likely to be a problem? The company has be…

    • 3 replies
    • 420 views
    Kram1546620112 *
  9. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    hi in the welcome back that were are sent it says that we will be tested on 5 competencies Personal Responsibility Resilience Teamworking Respect for Race and Diversity Effective Communication but there are 4 questions. On the applicaton form we are tested on 4 competencies, teamworking, resilience, communication and RRD but not personal responsibilty! how would this work

    • 4 replies
    • 460 views
    frustrated_in_iraq
  10. chloe1546620101
    Started by chloe1546620101 * ,

    Hello, I am currently in the recruitment process for Lothian and Borders Police and having passed my medical am now waiting for a date for my home visit. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the wait is if you are accepted into the college from getting accepted to actually starting at the college? Is it possible to defer your start date for any period of time?

    • 14 replies
    • 743 views
    Rotherham1546620110
  11. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    do we need to learn or the core competnecies heading for example: personal responsibility takes personal responsibility for making things happen and acheving results. Displays motivation, commitment perseverance acts with high degree of integrity. would this be enough to learn for the competency or do we need to know the sub headings ie. takes personal responsibility for own actions uses inititative etc???

    • 2 replies
    • 396 views
  12. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    I originally applied to Cambridgeshire back in August of 2005. I got the assessment day, fitness and medical over within the first 5 months of 2006! After then its been a long waiting game... i finally get a phone call today asking me to come to retake my fitness (has to be done within 3 months of start date im told), only problem is all of the dates (Jan 16/17/18) for the test are next week.... when im on holiday skiing! Which is all paid for (and i cant change the dates). So they are going to have to push my fitness test back a month or so, problem is this also pushes back my start date by a month! Talk about bad luck!

    • 5 replies
    • 485 views
  13. celtictracy
    Started by celtictracy,

    Hi all ! Happy 2007 ! Good News ! I have an interview with L&B on the 18th January for a support role ! Based at the Supplies Branch in Edinburgh, it is a great opportunity for me to hopefully work for L&B and get a food in the door. I was wondering what the dress code would be - I take it uniforms are not supplied for support staff ? Would it be suited n booted or casual ? If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it.

    • 8 replies
    • 366 views
  14. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Do they all give you a copy of the question so you can look over it whilst answering?

    • 17 replies
    • 657 views
    Stephanie Warren
  15. sgoodman
    Started by sgoodman,

    Hi guys, has anyone here transferred to Essex during the application stage? Currently I'm awaiting a start date with another force and am seriously considering the move. If anybody has done it I'd be interested to hear how smooth it was and also whether they had to redo anything like medical or fitness with Essex. Also, do they hold a final interview at all? I know contacting recruitment would be my best bet but while I'm at work I thought I'd ask on here first

    • 1 reply
    • 339 views
    peteratsea1546620082

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.