Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Biggers1978
    Started by Biggers1978,

    Just got the call from Recruitment. Haven't made the Jan intake as there weren't enough places for the division I asked for. A bit of a pain the @rse but there's a good chance I'll make the March one and get the posting I originally chose. So, rather than sitting and waiting, me and our lass are b*ggering off to New Zealand for 6 weeks. Well it beats day-time telly!! Anyone else heard owt from Norfolk? Biggers.

    • 6 replies
    • 630 views
  2. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    Has anybody else got there medical for lincs in january? Got my pass mark of 64%, how did everyone else do?

    • 1 reply
    • 268 views
    nozza1546620103
  3. jennystar9101
    Started by jennystar9101 * ,

    Hi all!! Anyone know if you can apply to be a PCSO and a police officer at the same time?

    • 3 replies
    • 407 views
  4. Adric
    Started by Adric * ,

    I am in the process of putting my application together to Avon and Somerset and wondered if anyone has used this pack to help them? Is it any good or worth buying? http://www.how2become.co.uk/policecareerkit.htm

    • 5 replies
    • 518 views
  5. enjoy
    Started by enjoy,

    a few months ago i applied to my local police force to join as a officer, joining the police is all that ive wanted to do and since applying certain friends/collegues and family members have reacted in a negative way. although my immediate family have been very supporting ive found it a little disheartening that others are not. of course this hasnt detered me from reaching my goal at all, but i wondered if anyone else has encountered simular reactions?? a large number of people have said that if im successful they feel they wont be able to trust me enjoy2006-12-18 16:40:08

    HMService1545925553
  6. Oztrexx
    Started by Oztrexx,

    Very simple question. Does anyone know if Northumbria Police have a final interview or is the interview incorporated in with the assessment day? I'd be so pleased with any advise you can give. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 764 views
    grobson1546620111
  7. Toohey
    Started by Toohey * ,

    My apologies if this topic has been covered before. I am an Australian citizen currently working with the Australian Federal Police. I was wondering if anyone was aware of, or had experience working with Australians who are in the UK on temporary working visas?

    • 8 replies
    • 728 views
  8. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    well wot can i say, had my final interview on Wed and wasnt expecting the letter for 2 wks. got in from work today and it was sitting there, pleased to say i have passed! Been a long time coming, wasnt sure i still wanted it but my reaction said it all!! just got medical now! -------------------- August 2006 Submitted application November 22nd 2006 passed assessment centre (72%) December 20th 2006 Second interview December 22nd Passed final interview Awaiting medical date Live long, live fast. Or go home!

    • 15 replies
    • 541 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  9. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Finally got the news ive been waiting for today.......ive passed the papersift for West Yorkshire Police. I have an Assessment Centre on the 21st December in Wakefield. Anyone else hear anything today?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. scooby82
    Started by scooby82,

    Can anyone tell me how you went about arranging to speak to probationers before your interview and what type of thing did you ask them?

    • 2 replies
    • 567 views
    TheMiddle1546620087
  11. marklar
    Started by marklar * ,

    I am in the second year of my degree as a Mature student and I am considering applying for the police force when I graduate as this is a job I have always wanted to do. I have a problem however with my credit status. When I went to University I simply could not stay in control of my finances and acquired 3 defaults. I now make regular payments to my creditors however but not as the original agreement when i took out the finance. I would like to know is whether these defaults will stop me being able to become a PC? Could anyone also clarify whether these are taken into account when they are no longer on your credit file after 6 years? Thanks for your anticipated advice.

    • 5 replies
    • 937 views
  12. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hope people don't mind me creating a seperate thread. As some will know from my other thread, I sent my application for Cheshire before the November deadline. I have since had a week off work sick. Will I need to contact the recruitment department and inform them of this week off? Thanks for the help.

    TheMiddle1546620087
  13. cchops1
    Started by cchops1,

    Does anyone know if defaults are looked into when the finance checks are done ?

    • 2 replies
    • 532 views
    TheMiddle1546620087
  14. Airwolf1546620068
    Started by Airwolf1546620068,

    I'm hopefully going to do my Initial Interview for Grampian Police Force on the 6th of Jan and was hoping people can give me some advice on what to expect.

    • 2 replies
    • 366 views
  15. AliceTinker
    Started by AliceTinker,

    Hi Received my letter yesterday from Notts Police saying i have passed the assesement centre - so excited!! Has anyone else heard from Notts police and does anyone know what the next stage is as my letter just told me i had passed and my grades!!!! Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 504 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.