Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. troffy
    Started by troffy,

    i've just applied again after waiting 4 years, got blown out at the final interview stage last time , i forgot what it's like waiting for the postman to turn up everyday but hopefully do better this time.

  2. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    I've just returned home from my assessment centre - feeling utterly dejected because the roleplay was tough! And then to rub salt into the wound I missed out an important piece of RRD in ONE of the scenerios. I did however use RRD in another more subtle way. Do people think i've failed? Is it possible to fail the A/C if you only get 3/4 RRD for the roleplays? or is it an overall thing? Ta

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. markavo
    Started by markavo,

    Passed my a/c in June 06 for Northumbria. Been told 12 to 18 months for start date. Anybody any idea if this is a true time scale. Wanting to book a summer holiday and not sure if I should. Havn't had my medical or fitness yet. Anybody know how far in advance of your start date you have your medical and fitness?

    • 2 replies
    • 596 views
  4. kate928
    Started by kate928,

    Got my starting pack yesterday and it says to have black running shorts or tracksters. I'm definitely not a shorts person but what the hell are tracksters? Are they the lycra type whole leg things or would a pair of jogging bottoms do? Cheers

    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. BobbyMiller
    Started by BobbyMiller,

    I'm due to start my training for Essex Police in March and can't wait. I'm currently making financial cut-backs here and there to counteract the slight initial wage decrease I'll be undertaking. Can anyone give me some info on discounted gym subsciptions for police officers? I've been in touch with my current gym (Bannatynes) but they don't appear to offer any special rates. Any info at all would be a great help. Cheers.

  6. saxon1546620090
    Started by saxon1546620090,

    Hi All, I am in my probation period with West Yorkshire Police at present and am doing a foundation degree in Policing Studies as part of the IPLDP program. I was wondering how many other forces are doing the degree and how many were doing the NVQ. Let me know which one your force is doing or if your force is still on the traditional training program. Thanks.

    • 12 replies
    • 3.8k views
  7. boredstupid
    Started by boredstupid,

    Hi, I thought I'd post this on here to see what you think/would do, I have been a PCSO fo 2 years and have been applying to the police (to become a PC) for about 8 years on and off, in that time I have been sooo close but never made it due to funding/revised recruitment processes etc. Now it seems I have finally passed almost everything apart from fitness and medical, which shouldn't be a problem. This should be good news,........BUT I have also applied to the Fire and rescue service and just been told I have passed everything there, and been given a start date. Both are fantastic opportunities and its a shame to have to turn one down, but I have to make a decision a…

    • 10 replies
    • 728 views
  8. Archie99
    Started by Archie99,

    Hiya, Just looking out for anyone who is on the January intake for GMP? I've spoke to a few people on another forum and we're looking to meet up over Xmas...so if there's anyone out there let me know!

    • 0 replies
    • 706 views
  9. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    I am aware that you have to be willing to work anywhere within the force area but what are the chances of getting the area you request/prefer? Is it more common place that 'single people' would be asked to work further away from their 'ideal' region than those with partners and/or families?

    • 8 replies
    • 849 views
  10. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi, can anyone tell me if i have to know this booklet inside and out, or will i get away with only knowing the basics? are there any parts of the a/c centre that i'll be able to use it to refer to? i.e the letter writing, or before the role play or have i basically got to know it off by heart? i've just intended to read it through 3-4 times and know where all the important bits are if i need to refer to it. can anyone fill me in? a/c's tues! thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 686 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  11. farenheit
    Started by farenheit * ,

    Now I don't mind needles, but do they do blood tests for the police? Like what jabs etc do you need for it etc. Just wondered really, as I don't know what they do.... Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 431 views
  12. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Just had my letter through saying that the attestation evening is on the 2nd day of training. Were any of you quite nervous through this? :shock:

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Sobey-Harker
    Started by Sobey-Harker,

    I've been curious about joing the police force on and off for quite awhile, the salary at my age is quite attractive and I feel I would be able to forfil my roles as an officer. But that's most likely wishful thinking on my part. I've experienced quite a lot in my life in a short peorid of time, i've taken a year out of college, I've travelled to many places, had some fairly forming experiences for my age, which at the time I didn't really feel ready for, but glad they have happened for it has helped make me who I am. I recently applied for the UK army, I passed the selection, I did my basic training, and then found myself on leaving on medical grounds due …

    NeeNaw1545925537
  14. enjoy
    Started by enjoy,

    hey there guys just a quick question for anyone who may know the answer, why is it that you cannot apply for 6 months to any force after failing any part of the assesment process??? would be grateful for any comments. xxenjoy2006-12-18 15:54:42

  15. katec
    Started by katec,

    I have to smile at myself for my stupidity! On my initial application form I said that I have no tattoos, on my training centre form received a couple of weeks ago I ticked that I have a distinguishing mark/tattoo and today received a letter from recruitment asking for a photo of my tattoo with my name and address on the back and indicating where on my body my tattoo is - its a dot of indian ink about the size of a very small ladybird on my right wrist! I can just imagine my body part photo being passed around recruitment to howls of laughter at my tattoo!!! - I rang them today and explained and they dont want a photo now just a letter explaining my "tattoo". Talk a…

    • 1 reply
    • 602 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.