Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, Just need a bit of reassurance really... I was referred to a sepcialist by the force doc about an 'enlarged thyroid' after blood tests came back normal from my own GP. The doc at the time of my medical said it was for my benefit really to get this checked out and she could have passed me fit there and then. I later find out that it's so the force can cover there own back regarding pensions/medical insurance etc... Having an 'enlarged thyroid' will not have any bearing on how competent a police officer i could be or the ability to do the job. I'm sure there are other people out there who have had worse and are in the job(?).. So, Is this so the force can turn…
-
Can anyone tell me what is ok to wear to the medical? I have already passed my fitness test, so will only be attending the medical. Do you have to take your clothes off during the medical and what's the normal things that are checked.
-
Hello, Im 18 in June but I know the application age is 18.5. I know in the past when applying for the RAF (didnt get the job) I had to be 17.5 but was aloud to apply 6 months before hand because the application process takes some time. I know the police and RAF will have a different policy but would this be the same case with joining the police force? Im very eager to get things going and apply! Many Thanks, Martin
-
Has anyone had a start date for Merseyside for either November or December? I had my assessment in August, and medical and physical just over a fortnight ago, but have not heard a word since. I am aware that some people have been told they have not been successful, but have not heard of anyone being given the OK. Just seems a bit strange that they are needing to start 465 probationers ASAP but it's all gone a bit quiet. Is no news good news? I have called and just been told not to worry as it's all in hand. Hmmmm :?
-
does anyone know if you can transfer from one force to another whilst still going through the application process,i.e if you've passed the paper sift and A/C,could you then transfer to another force and pick up where you left off?Thanks.
-
A friend has told me that one of his relations failed a A/C as she could not swim, is this a requirement? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere.
-
I have my a/c next week and i am in the process of preparing for my interview. I have a number of examples for the competencies that are covered. Does anyone know if resilience can be applied to telephone coversations in addition to 'face to face' incidents?
-
Hi all, does anyone here know much about the 2nd hants interview after the assessment centre?
-
Hi! me again! (can you tell i'm last minute cramming! lol) i've read somewhere that i'll be asked about why i want to be in force, q's about how the force is structured, current police initiatives etc. are these types of questions actually going to come up? and if so will they be asked during the 20minute interview. as i thought this 20minute's was soley about how i've dealt with particular incidents of discrimination, or teambuilding etc. and i thought i'd have to explain about 4 different incidents which would explain the 4 question each lasting 5mins. seriously confused! could someone just talk me through that 20min interview please and what i should expect! …
-
Hi there, Please help. Just looked at my prescription and my eyes are -3.25 & -3.00. Would this fail me - any ideas >
-
Can someone just confirm for me that any questions in the structure interview are not specifically targetting "an occasion where you showed effective communication" etc - but instead E/C being assessed in how you answer the other 4 comptency questions. If that makes sense :roll: . Thankyou.
-
Does anybody know any key words i could use during the role play? I am told the assessors have a tick sheet.
-
Hi all, I am currently serving in the Army 3 years left to push until my 22 year point. My question is reference Tattoo's, I have some on my lower arms, will this spoil my chances of joining the Force or are there certain jobs which i can still try for? Cheers Mark
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just got a letter through saying that i have been successful in the competency based questions part. Next stage for me is to attend an assessment day......Can someone tell me what this involves and if it all takes place at Cowcaddens H.Q? Cheers
-
Second day with my tutor and got my first arrest!!! Nice and easy one, warrant for failing to appear and walked into the enquiry office to hand himself in. Just glad to have it out the way now!!!