Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ajs2k2
    Started by ajs2k2,

    Without breaking any confidentiality rules i was wondering if somebody could post some examples of questions i could get in the structured interview at the A/C with regards to the personal responsibility competency. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 463 views
  2. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Anyone have an idea on the pass mark you need to achieve to pass the written? I only ask cos i feel i did really badly in 1 written test and ok in the other, was wondering if its possible that my marks were made up elsewhere on the assessment. Any ideas :?: Sha

    • 8 replies
    • 428 views
    shalawr1546620080
  3. gp02
    Started by gp02,

    Hi all, Just recieved my date for the assessment day for a scottis force, was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how their day went from past experience any advice would be great help. thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 440 views
  4. woody50
    Started by woody50,

    Does anyone know what these guys are called now? I’ve heard that they’re still around under a different name. If not then does anyone know of any similar courses? (In the south east)

    • 5 replies
    • 548 views
  5. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi Everyone, I have now had my acceptance into the police and very excited about starting in Jan 07. I have been told that during my training in HQ I am better of buying a pair of shoes or boots that must be plain black i.e no designer labels showing etc simply because the magnum boots are heavy and not ideal just for sitting in class rooms all day, and to buy some comfortable footware instead. I have been searching for suitable boots but dont know what their like to wear etc, is there anyone who has been in this position themselves and can recommend a brand whether it be police boots or normal footware. I know there was a Poll asking individuals their preference on …

    • 15 replies
    • 840 views
    spike1546620106 *
  6. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    :cry: :cry: It's the 1st of December and my welcome pack still hasn't arrived. IF it does come with the Saturday post (unlikely), then Im going to have only 12 days to prepare using it - 10 if it comes Monday morning. Do GMP usually cut it this close?

    • 5 replies
    • 292 views
  7. katec
    Started by katec,

    I received my paperwork from A&S this weekend with my provisional start date and lots of forms to fill in, v exciting. In the pack was info telling me that I have to HANDWRITE a 3 to 4 side of A4 Personal Reflective Statement (I think thats what it was called) about myself, my past experiences (life changing), voluntary and charity work etc and life experience that has brought me to become a police officer! This is apparently so that they can sort out my community placement which you have to do 2 of during training. I hadnt heard of this before and wondered if anyone else had had to do this and what sort of things they put in! I am 37 so a lots happened - I dont k…

    • 1 reply
    • 378 views
  8. wilki486
    Started by wilki486,

    Can anyone advise what the situation would be if you wanted to get laser surgery whilst a serving police officer ? ie: at the moment for my force you cannot join until after 6 months of having the surgery, but if I was already serving what would happen ? Obviously my eyesight is suitable and I have passed the test but do require correction. I might like to take laser surgery later on to remove the need for glasses.

    • 4 replies
    • 308 views
  9. markalama
    Started by markalama,

    had my first arrest last night. It was for OPL after a female left her brothers house in drink following a domestic. She blew 38 at the roadside but 34 at the nick so it was words of advice and a lift home - disapointing, seen as one of my PDU colleagues had a guy blow 93 at the roadside and 88 on the camic!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. reedy1546619929
    Started by reedy1546619929,

    Hi Its been a long time since I last visited this site, and things seem to have changed a bit! I just remembered the other day that I had applied to be a PC with the Met. Wow, so long ago and I haven't heard from them for about two years now. I wonder if I am still going through those security checks! Are all those who applied in 2003 getting start dates yet?!? :roll:

    • 10 replies
    • 745 views
  11. Archie99
    Started by Archie99,

    Hi all, Just just enquiring for a friend of mine who is in the middle of the recruitment process. He's found out he needs keyhole surgery for damaged cartilage. The surgery is straight forward and you're out in a day but could end up needing crutches for a couple of weeks while things heal properly. Will this affect the Medical? If so how long is it likely to delay things? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 356 views
  12. wanna b cop
    Started by wanna b cop,

    just wondering what sort of things they decline you for on the application any got any ideas i.e theft,etc cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 571 views
  13. Will.S
    Started by Will.S,

    Hi people, I've got my Assessment coming up this week and only by chance discovered this forum this morning, so its nice to see I'm not alone! Anyway, my main worry is the numeracy test here, its never been my strong point. I have two questions on it really: Is it a pass/fail test (can you make it up elswhere if you do badly)? What's the pass marks? Thanks for your help, Will.

    • 6 replies
    • 320 views
  14. abigaillucy
    Started by abigaillucy,

    Hi everyone Just wanted to ask a quick question! I applied at the start of August and I heard back from WMP in September to say that I had passed the papersift stage, now in waiting to receive my assessment centre date (at some point next year I presume!). Anyway - whilst browsing through other people's posts, I notice that some of you had grades A-C for competency questions on the application form. I didn't get any feedback like that, and I thought that it would be useful to know if how good those questions were when preparing for the interview at the A/C. Is it something that certain forces do and WMP don't? Good luck to all those people going through the recruit…

    • 5 replies
    • 437 views
  15. kate928
    Started by kate928,

    I've had the letter today. Our choices are: Kensington and Chelsea Hammersmith and Fulham Hackney Tower Hamlets Redbridge Newham Lewisham Harrow Brent Hounslow Merton Wandworth Ealing Haringey Royal Parks.

    • 2 replies
    • 585 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.