Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wanna b cop
    Started by wanna b cop,

    this will be emy 3rd attempt at getting into the police force,im desperate and will keep trying but just need a little help with i think the questions at the back of the application can any 1 lend me a hand or give me some clues as to what way to fill this in so i can pass hope someone can help many thanks steve

    • 3 replies
    • 359 views
  2. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I passed fitness test 2 weeks ago and have medical in under 3 weeks. I am healthy but also a rugby player and I am 5ft 8 and a half with a weight of 15st. This puts my BMI over 30. Has anybody ever failed with BMI of over 30 and is this a fair reflection, I play and train every week and yes have a bit of fat but I passed the fitness test so surely it proves I can do the job. Would they fail me on BMI of over 30 ?????

    • 19 replies
    • 776 views
    who_me2421546620057
  3. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    At what point did you think "This is where the real work is beginning"? Im just coming into week 11, and having done the last 2 weeks on law im starting to find it tougher now......as we are learning such important stuff on a daily basis, so almost everything now needs to be soaked in and learnt. Whereas previous to week 8 it was all pretty slow paced. Its quite daunting now how much you have to take in and remember. Worrying that you wont remember every little detail of each section of law when you need it.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. happygirly
    Started by happygirly,

    Has anyone read this book prior to or during training and if so did you find it useful? Considering buying it tomorrow.

    • 8 replies
    • 998 views
  5. Ruddager
    Started by Ruddager,

    Hello, I will be starting with West Yorkshire on the 18th Dec, I was just wondering what the starting pay is now? Ta.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
    spencer1546620105 *
  6. katec
    Started by katec,

    I was told yesterday by recruitment that I may get a start date for mid to end of March 2007 but that they couldnt confirm it yet as they were returning my application form to me to sign incase anything had changed and they wont allocate me a slot on a start date until this has been done and returned to them and checked. Anyone else had this happen? :?

    • 7 replies
    • 570 views
  7. Ryan Lee
    Started by Ryan Lee,

    I was cautioned for being drunk and disorderly 12 years ago (when I was 17) is this likely to hinder my chances of getting into the Police? I also had 3 x SP30 fixed speeding penalties a few years back (all clear now) does anyone know if this would have any effect? Does anyone know where I could find the exact details of my caution (exact date etc) as I noticed the initial application form requires this info.....I can't seem to remember because I was drunk :roll: Thanks Ryan

    • 9 replies
    • 596 views
  8. jonoaten
    Started by jonoaten,

    My first day on PDU has just finished! What a day! Started the shift as nervous as hell about what was going to happen but have ended up with a few vehicle stops, a drugs search and then a 3 vehicle RTC to finish it off where one vehicle had flipped and we had to close off a main road. Looking forward to the next shift tomorrow now, maybe even going after my first arrest!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 553 views
  9. Bigtee1546620098
    Started by Bigtee1546620098,

    I got a parking ticket the other day for parking on a single yellow line, yes i know it was stoopid but i thought id get away with it as I wouldnt be long, what i want to know is, would i have to declair this when applying. bit of a silly question but I do tend to get paranoid sometimes cheers

    • 15 replies
    • 796 views
  10. Run
    Started by Run,

    i got an app pack (thans to brownie ) and pretty sure im gona apply but looking on other fourms it basicly been said theres no point in applying at the age of 18 and 6 months (min age) due to lack of life exp what do you think. I feel i have quite a bit of life exp due to - doing duke of ed - moving collage meeting new people -having done 2 part time jobs - work hard for my alevels and still am - spent time doing charity work where i have been able to intergrate with people of diffrent ages, backgrounds etc - being a christian and helping people to see past sterotypes not just to do with religon but all sorts what do you think then. do i stand a chance…

    • 6 replies
    • 706 views
  11. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    HI, I have my assessment soon and was wondering if anybody can tell me what the interview questions are like, as people have told me they are tha same as the application questions. Also what should i expect during the role plays?

    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  12. lifeman2k
    Started by lifeman2k,

    Hi, I'm having bother remember what the police magazine is called, i often see it lying around the police station and always plan on joining the mailing list, but...never remember the name. Is it the sharp end or something? I remember it was free lol. Thanks for any help.

    • 6 replies
    • 853 views
  13. Ryan Lee
    Started by Ryan Lee,

    Hello, I am considering a complete career change and wondered how you go about choosing a Force to apply to. I live in Essex, so the most obvious choice would be Essex Police, but the Met & City of London Police are also possibles. Is there anywhere that would give me un-biased pros & cons on the different forces? Any advice would be great. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 456 views
  14. g1zz
    Started by g1zz,

    Hi, I've got my fitness test tomorrow afternoon but I'm panicing because I've got a really bad cold and aches the lot! I'm taking paracetamol and drinking lemsips (alternative of course) I really want to do this but I'm worried that I will feel reeeeaally bad tomorrow. What will happen if I can't physically do it? If I'm not too bad I will go and give it my best anyway obviously. Please help!

    • 13 replies
    • 556 views
  15. loz19
    Started by loz19 * ,

    can anyone tell me wether the police are as strict on appicant with dylexia and how they handle it because i have real problems with my maths but i have praticed the other tsets and i think i will be fine in them. can anyone give me some advice would be most grateful

    • 2 replies
    • 244 views
    Jonty1546619994

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.