Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mac 111
    Started by mac 111,

    Just received the news awaiting next stage. Any tips would be appreciated. Well Chuffed [/b]

    • 6 replies
    • 773 views
  2. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    Ive got mine on the 19th just wondering if anyone else has?

    • 3 replies
    • 509 views
  3. The Stig1546620068
    Started by The Stig1546620068,

    The letter dropped through the door this morning. I passed the a/c - what a feeling. RRD - 81% Oral Comms - 100% Written Comms - 78% Overall 73% Thank you all so much for your help - i'm so chuffed, its like i've won the lottery!

    • 10 replies
    • 396 views
  4. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I have my medical for derbyshire on Nov 30. I have an appointment to see the occ nurse and then the doctor half an hour later. Is it normal to see both of them ? or is there a problem ? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 488 views
  5. thehoop
    Started by thehoop,

    Here's a simple question for all you probationers out there! How are you finding your career as a police officer?

    • 18 replies
    • 2.6k views
  6. Megablastic
    Started by Megablastic,

    Hi all, I'm filling out my app at the moment, and after reading on this forum about a lot of people failing at the last moment due to a family member.... it's got me worried to say the least. I haven't seen my father since I was 16, I'm now 33. From the time I was 1 until 16 I would say I had seen him once every 2-3years and then only for a few hrs. The reason being he had a drug addiction. I also understand he went to jail over a drug conviction, I've no idea what though. Is this going to really mess up my chances. I personally only have a few minor driving offences on my record the last one being 4 years old. I have a clean licence at the moment. I've …

    • 2 replies
    • 540 views
  7. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    Hi all I am just waiting for a date for my interview for the specials. I was just wondering if any would be kind enough to have a look over a couple of my competancys. Thanks Tony22

    • 5 replies
    • 629 views
  8. happygirly
    Started by happygirly,

    Seen as most of the threads on this site have been deletedon.. Is everyone going to the information evening tonight at Sedgley Park? Should be quite interesting. Had my uniform fitting last week, it was really strange standing in that changing room with the kit on! Has anyone else had theirs yet? Well hopefully see you all tongiht.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi Guys, I've just found out my A/C with WYP is on 5th December. Anyone else coming on that day?

    • 1 reply
    • 250 views
  10. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    I applied in october just had a phone call from an inspector saying ive passed the application stage and i have been invited to an informal chat regarding the assesment centre. I didnt think this was the process?? Has anyone else had this before?? Thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Pottle
    Started by Pottle,

    Anyone due to start with Merseyside on the 11th Dec? I had the good news today, just awaiting the pack in the post. If anyones out there it'd be nice to say hello.

    • 0 replies
    • 482 views
  12. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Are the references that you have to supply on the application form personal or work references? It is so long since I put in my form I cannot recall. The references I have put are my previous line managers but I am concerned that when the time comes for the Police to check the references (two years on from when I completed the form) that my old line managers may not work at the addresses I supplied anymore and I may not be able to get in contact them. I am very worried that all my efforts may end in a disastrous failure of reference checks which would all be down to the time the application process has taken! I asked both of my referees whether it would be ok to use th…

    • 2 replies
    • 808 views
  13. Phil_ashley4
    Started by Phil_ashley4,

    My current employer has recieved reference request for me from west yorkshire police, does this mean this is the last stage and if reference is ok i am in???? Thanx

    • 3 replies
    • 612 views
  14. Littlelou01
    Started by Littlelou01,

    Hi there this question is for everyone! Anyone who is thinking of joining the Regs, Specials, PCSO or is in any of these. I am a Section Officer for Dorset and i have been asked to write a report on the Special Constabulary and how it needs to change for the future, not just for Dorset but hopefully one day for the whole of the UK. Its a very big thing for me to do and i really need ALL of your help and support on this as we are all fighting for the same team.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I passed my fitness test for Derbyshire on Monday Oct 30 and sent my eyesight test and medical form off this week. Has anybody heard from this force lately or perhaps at the same stage as me. Just wondering when I will hear when the medical will be (how long this takes - is it whole day off work) and if anybody has a start date or anything like that. So excited but still nervous as security, references and medical all to come !!

    • 3 replies
    • 323 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.