Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rushie1546620075
    Started by rushie1546620075,

    This morning finally a change!! - According to the 'Your Application' section I have now passed day2 (thought I did this two months ago). I am now on Stage 8 but according to the accompanying notes there are only 5 stages!?! Anyone now how close I might be and what the last security checks might be. Are these my employee references as my work havn't heard anything yet??

    • 3 replies
    • 489 views
    Teflon1546620083
  2. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    does anybody know if the police application form has changed recently? I applied during the summer for Merseyside but failed the AC by 1%,almost ready to re-apply,but can't find a copy of the form on the internet.Thanks. Rob

    • 3 replies
    • 459 views
  3. pepecarr
    Started by pepecarr,

    Hey Guys got my assesment centre this week for GMP. Can anyone help with the role plays? I know you cant mention specifics but any tips within the rules would be really good :roll:

    • 4 replies
    • 350 views
  4. oldbillplod
    Started by oldbillplod,

    Does anyone know how long the security clearance takes when transferring to the Met? I have been told it can take as little as a month but as long as six months.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hello everyone Just thought i would let everyone know i got my call today!! Start with kent police on the 29th January. Can't believe it what a fantastic feeling. Zoe :wink:

    • 17 replies
    • 918 views
  6. medicalgirl
    Started by medicalgirl * ,

    I have been offered a place on course quite soon. I ahve my doubts a bout it now as i have a friend who has just finished at training school, who has said that she does nothing but paperwork and that it is incredibally boring. is it just her that is having this problem or is this across the board

    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Juliet Bravo1546620102
  7. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Hi Guys, Thought i'd update you on my assessment day!!. Not good news i'm afraid i feel i completley fluffed it, i know everyone says this but i know what i've failed on! I got a comment that someone made wrong in the roleplays, the roleplay actor actually corrected me and said that he said something else. Big D coming for me i think for rrd!!!. Everything else i think went ok, the interview was my best bit other roleplays not too bad, written awfull don't even think i solved any probs at all, numeracy never even finished it!!!. So will reapply in 6 mnths time i'm not going to give up!! For anyone attending it's really not a bad process to go through at all, i foun…

    • 6 replies
    • 490 views
    shalawr1546620080
  8. Ryan Lee
    Started by Ryan Lee,

    Can anyone tell me what the basic salary is in the Essex Police Force? Also, are there any opportunities of earning extra money (overtime / shift allowances etc..) I am thinking of a career change and need to do the maths before applying. Any help and info would really help. Cheers.....Ryan

    • 4 replies
    • 489 views
  9. Teflon1546620083
    Started by Teflon1546620083,

    Does anyone know when these are typically sent out? Keen to know where I'll be spending the next 2 years of my life....!

    • 5 replies
    • 436 views
  10. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi Guys, I've been invited to a fitness test next week and I need some advice and info. I can hit level 7 easily on the bleep test. Plus I can lift more than 35kg in weights, however I've never used a Dyno machine before and I'm worried that my technique might mess it up. Can someone explain it in more detail for me? Do you just push or pull as hard as you can when they tell you to or should you push or pull slowly, gradually increasing the power you're putting in? Secondly, can someone recommend what would be a good diet for the day, so I can maximise my energy. Lastly, would it be ok if I just turn up for the fitness test already in my sports gear, or should I turn …

    • 2 replies
    • 349 views
  11. andy_b
    Started by andy_b,

    have got my fitness test n less than 2 weeks and have managed to contract a chest infection (had a cold thats lasted more than a fortnight and has gravitated to my chest... ) It would probably be a good idea to try and reschedule it, wouldn't it? Or does that count against you?

    • 1 reply
    • 295 views
  12. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Got my medical next week, what do most people wear, should I wear a suit or just smart trousers and shirt ?

    • 8 replies
    • 481 views
  13. bugs1546620098
    Started by bugs1546620098 * ,

    Hi all, I recently applied for a PCSO post with Derbyshire Police, I spent alot of time writing the application and made sure I answered all of the question as it asked. Part of the form told you what they wanted so I refered to this alot when writing the form. I left the Attendence section till last as I thought I may have problems, and I did! When I asked my employer for records of my attendence for the last 3 years they told me they do not keep records of when employees have been away from work, they have in the past (before I joined the company) but, they have changed the software they use now so this part they are not using. Consequently I had to write in the occas…

    • 7 replies
    • 910 views
    sykes1545925530
  14. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, Has anyone become/applied to be a special constable whilst going through the regulars application? If so, what impact did it have, if any, on your regulars application? I know these are two completely separate applications and one does not necessarily benefit the other.

    • 7 replies
    • 549 views
  15. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, Does anyone know what security checks they perform at the papersift stage. I have heard mixed rumours, some stating that they perform many security checks at papersift, some saying that they dont do many at all? Has anyone had experience of being checked at an early stage, for example family, financial, references etc?

    • 13 replies
    • 783 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.