Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Got my start date today with staffs police, 8th jan 06.Also got the division i wanted too. Chuffed to bits , counting the days down

    • 5 replies
    • 518 views
  2. Molly99
    Started by Molly99,

    Hi everyone I have 8 weeks before i start, and im feeling all the normal feelings (i hope) ie excitment mixed with fear, constant worry about really stupid things you think might happen. Well i was wondering is joining the police completly life changing because i dont want my life now to change? Any imput would be very helpful :roll:

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Jem Bob
    Started by Jem Bob,

    I've just listened to a voice message from WMP recruitment saying that they haven't had my employment references back and they sent them out in May. :shock: Have they outed me to my employers as a sneaky disloyal toe rag? I haven't told a soul at work that I am applying for the police so am concerned that my manager may have been sent reference requests without me admitting that I'm planning a major career change. Shouldn't they tell me first that they're planning to contact my employers? Does anyone know the score?

    • 14 replies
    • 793 views
  4. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I've had a total of 21 days off ill on six occasions. Two of these occasions and 14 of these days are down to glandular fever and tonsilitus. Is this going to be too high for my police application? Dan

    • 4 replies
    • 595 views
  5. katec

    I just had a call from Avon & Somerset Recruitment offering me a start date of the 12th March 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day after my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • 12 replies
    • 975 views
  6. Ryan Patt
    Started by Ryan Patt * ,

    Hello everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. Im trying to find out if there is any classes or organistations that can assist in helping me join the PSNI. I would also like advice from anyone. Pls thanks Guys.

    • 2 replies
    • 778 views
  7. Foxtrot_oscar
    Started by Foxtrot_oscar,

    Hi I am due to go to Hendon for 6 days on 5th Jan. Anyone else on it? I suppose its the same as the transferee process? Any help appreciated.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. AliceTinker
    Started by AliceTinker,

    Hi I had my assement last week and had an interview in that - if i pass that will i still have to do a second interview??

    • 2 replies
    • 268 views
    spoony1546620054 *
  9. ronster
    Started by ronster,

    I have just found out today i have passed my assessment and my interview is next week. Can any body from GMP give me any pointers. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 409 views
  10. Mistral
    Started by Mistral,

    Hiya, I've been told to take my own iron and bedding, but any advice on other items and any general hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. boredstupid
    Started by boredstupid,

    Hello all I was recently going through the recruitment process for Durham Police as a PC and passed everything I was given a provisional start date and then attended a medical. I informed the doc of a medical condition that I had suffered from and he said "I will have to send for your notes but don't worry its just procedure, they can't fail you on it". The medical notes were delayed and so my start date was put back slightly...no probs. I then got a call to say that due to funding issues Durham were unable to process my application and my course had been cancelled! ( the one I should have been on went ahead :x ) Leaving me with only 1 month of valid Centrex results. A…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. nl180786
    Started by nl180786 * ,

    Hi, Can anyone please tell me how long it normally takes for the vetting to be completed. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 613 views
  13. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, Got my application form for west mercia the yesterday and has to be in on the 11th of december. Just wandering if anyone has a list of words or phrases not to use. Also any other advice for the form would be great help. This is something i really want to do and dont want to fall at any hurdle let alone the first. Dan

    • 8 replies
    • 590 views
  14. Lincs801546620092
    Started by Lincs801546620092,

    Phew! Thought the news would never come! Anyway, passed papersift for Lincolnshire (Got an overall B), so anyone else waiting I'm sure it won't be long now. I know it's the fitness test first (so I'm led to believe) but I'm already nervous about the Assessment Centre :-s.

    • 22 replies
    • 932 views
    spoony1546620054 *
  15. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Hi guys, Had my a/c last week as you've probably read from previous posts and i think i've failed BIG time!!!. I messed up on 1 roleplay and 1 of the written tests . I picked up on a comment that i was briefed on before the roleplay and when i was challenging it i got it wrong :roll: . The actors response was no i didn't say .......I said.......... I remained polite but can't remember if i apologised and listened carefully before giving my opinion. I feel like i've really let myself down this will be a definate D for rrd i think. Everything else went ok apart from the first written test. Anyone got any advice on how i would have been marked on that roleplay??. Im 9…

    • 3 replies
    • 437 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.