Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Hi, I did my A/C at Ryton on 15th November 06. Just found out I passed with 75%. Would like to hear from anybody else who attended that day and am I the only one applying to Leicestershire Police Force. Also, my FIB is on 16/01/07 any tips as I am getting nervous now. Cheers, :wink:

    • 6 replies
    • 267 views
    The Stig1546620068
  2. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Hello, I have my Assessment Centre on the 21st December and i am wondering what the dress code is..........shirt and tie? smart casual? or just casual? Anyone any ideas?

    • 11 replies
    • 429 views
  3. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    Hi all just found i passed with 72% 86% for Respect and diversity 93% for oral comms 89% written communications Finally i get to say i have passed!

    • 11 replies
    • 324 views
  4. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    I have just recieved my material ahead of my Assessment Centre in December for West Yorkshire Police. What seems strange is that the material is based on PCSO assessment and not Police Officer which i have successfully passed the papersift for. Anyone else ended up with this?

    • 6 replies
    • 573 views
  5. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    After reading a number of posts regarding the numerical reasoning test people seem to think you need to score 18/25 to pass. Can anyone confirm this? Is it still possible to pass the a/c if you dont score so well on your maths test?

    • 3 replies
    • 268 views
  6. sizzler
    Started by sizzler,

    I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED **I PASSED hi all i passed my interview for PCSO today. Really Happy thanks all for the advice. just got fitness and security checks to go! cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 535 views
  7. newman
    Started by newman,

    Hello everyone, I was a serving Police Officer in West Mids for 61/2 years and resigned from the force in Feb 2004. I'm now in the process of rejoining and have my medical in a couple of weeks. When I was in I passed the hearing test with flying colours in 1997 however in 2002 I had a further hearing test whist still in the job and it was discovered that my right ear's performance was slightly down. This didn't cause anyone any concern and I continued in my operational role for a further 2 years! all this was recorded and will be on my old Ocupational Health records. The question is will it now effect me rejoining or are they likely to accept tha…

  8. foxtrot_oscar1
    Started by foxtrot_oscar1,

    Oh my goodness, I have had so many problems with my log in details, managed to get myself locked out of the boards!!! So whats been going on here then?? Have you all missed me???

    • 2 replies
    • 442 views
  9. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    is it ok for off duty police pfficers to carry around their warrant card?

    • 27 replies
    • 5.7k views
    Aston1546620105
  10. cquincey
    Started by cquincey * ,

    Just a quick query ... I have my home visit for Lothian and Borders coming up shortly and was wondering whether I needed to wear a suit for the visit or whether black trousers and a smart shirt would be ok? Thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 451 views
  11. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi, Are the questions they ask in the interview the same ones that are on the initial application form?? Cheers, Jon

    • 7 replies
    • 377 views
  12. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi I have just got my date through for my a/c and the one thing im worried about it my spelling, its awful, do you think this is going to cause me major problems, is there a test just to do with spelling etc Im am really working myself up about it and wanted to see if anyon could put my mind at rest!! Any help would be great xx

    • 5 replies
    • 331 views
  13. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi, ive got my a/c coming up on jan 3rd 07. just wondered if anyone had any hints or tips to do with the maths aspect of it? this is by far my weakest point and upon doing a practice run of it i only got 10 out of 25. any help/suggestions or advice on the pass mark and how to get through it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

    • 16 replies
    • 658 views
  14. juliaellen
    Started by juliaellen,

    Hi all I am new to this forum, and have a few questions i would be grateful for some help with. I applied to Kent in august and am already at Medical/Fitness stage (next week), so am very aware at how quick the process has been so far for me. How long after fitness (assuming i pass!) will it be before i get an offer? The whole process seems to have been too quick, and too good to be true!! Also, i put my last employer and current employer down as refernces, but will they also check previous emplyment also. The reason i ask is that one job was a temp job ten years ago, and i have no idea if my manager is still alive or still works there. the other job was for the Social…

    • 7 replies
    • 531 views
    Google1546620105
  15. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Any Nov results recieved yet?. Mine were due yesterday, anyone else got theirs?.

    • 5 replies
    • 375 views
    shalawr1546620080

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.