Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Does anyone no the average amount of people to pass the asesment centre, or the whole process. I was just wondering how many people are actually successful I have seen lots of different figures and wasnt sure which one to believe? Thanks xx

    • 14 replies
    • 854 views
  2. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi, can anyone help me ? I've passed the ac, fitness and medical. 2 weeks ago Derbyshire sent out my references and sec check forms and financial vetting checks etc. Does anybody know how long these take & also they told me the reference doc that was sent out to my current employer is around 3 pages long. I've worked for them for 6 years so don't see any probs but does anybody know what questions are on there please ?? Thanks - the wait is killing me !!

    • 5 replies
    • 531 views
  3. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi, i've been looking online for some of the numeracy, literacy tests, verbal reasoning tests. I brought a book (how to pass the police selection system, or something like that by H Tolley) and it says practice these tests under exam conditions to the time restrictions but it only gives you 4 or so tests which you obviously cant keep repeating as you know the answers! so, can anyone send me a link or recommend a web site where these tests are available to do online, or print off. Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 257 views
    vimto1546620109
  4. kerry1546080985
    Started by kerry1546080985,

    hi i have just passed for my application and am awaiting a date for the assessment centre for hampshire police, it seems alot of people have had their dates through(not the same force though) when told they have passed the 1st stage, has any one any idea how long i could be waiting for a date, or has anyone applied for hampshire police recently and had a date for assessment centre. x

    • 4 replies
    • 470 views
  5. scuba
    Started by scuba,

    Hello all, I was just wondering if i fail the papersift for one force can i apply to another force straight away or do i have to wait 6 months? thanks in advance for any guidance or advice.

    • 1 reply
    • 344 views
  6. denimboy
    Started by denimboy,

    I have learned that i failed my a/c by 3% however i have spoke to recruitment and they are thinking of letting people who failed by a very small margin resit their a/c. Instead of having to reapply. However you still have to wait for your 6 month period before doing so. GMP are only thinking of doing this and isnt a formality but if you are in the same situation as me then if we all get on the phone and push this through they might make it a formality. Which would be great news.........Good luck everyone!

    • 11 replies
    • 558 views
    shalawr1546620080
  7. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    I have my A/C tomorrow and so I dug out my watch to use as a time keeper: but lo and behold it's stopped - I think the battery is dead. Does the assessment centre have clocks on the wall when doing the written and PIRT tests can anyone recall? (Sedgley Park GMP specifically although im sure it is the same at each centre).

    • 10 replies
    • 363 views
  8. chrisi
    Started by chrisi * ,

    Hi all I recently attended an assessment centre for Gwent and was lucky enough to past but only with 60%. Really glad that I passed as it was a really difficult day as the morning and afternoon sessions were disrupted by a 2 hour power cut (170 people attend the week and only 55 passed). Since I've told a couple of people about my score and they've said that its more than likely I will be deselected if there aren't enough places available, because mine is such a low score. Any thoughts or info would be very much appreciated.

    • 13 replies
    • 772 views
  9. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi, Is there anyone else on here in the Cambridgeshire recruitment process. I have a few concerns:- 1, I've been waiting for 13 months for my a/c date 2, If i pass all stages and i am accepted, will there actually be a job available? 3. If there is a job for me will it be with in the two years my a/c pass lasts for? After reading some info on here I'm slightly worried about this, how awful will it be going through all of this then not getting a job due to lack of money of two many people not enough vacancies!!! Do i transfer to i stick with it, what do you think?

    • 4 replies
    • 378 views
  10. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    because I have a question - let me know if you've had this handout. Ta

    • 6 replies
    • 357 views
  11. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    Hi I passed the papersift and waiting for my assessment, are you supposed to get a feedback sheet about your app form score.I didn't get one,just a letter saying I had passed.

    • 7 replies
    • 450 views
  12. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Just a quick question. At the medical if your BMI comes in at over 30, then I've heard that they do a fat test or something to see how much fat you have or are you all muscle. Does anyone know how that works, and what sort of body fat level is considered acceptable?

    • 6 replies
    • 537 views
  13. laird rob
    Started by laird rob,

    I'm trying to put together a decent template in microsoft word based on a simple shoplifting job. As i'm only 5 weeks into the job and my statement writing skills are dodgy at best i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to type out a simple mg11 form which i can edit and make a generic version. Might save the old fingers from typing for the next 30 yrs.

    • 3 replies
    • 8.6k views
  14. B1
    Started by B1,

    Got my start date it...Jackton 8th Jan Tulliallan 15th!! cant believe it, didnt expect to get started till February and now i've already had my uniform fitting!!!!!! im over the moon!!!!

    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Hi, I have read somewhere on this board that there is an acronym STAR which can be used in relation to the interview questions structure. S - Situation? T - ? A - Actions? R - Resolution? Anyone else heard it?

    • 2 replies
    • 265 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.