Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi Guys Just to let you know I had my fitness test yesterday and passed. Was worried for nothing as it was easy. Got to level 8 before I stopped, but could have carried on. Got 69kg in the push and 65kg on the pull. Have to say that there were 4 men on the test and 8 women and we all passed the bleep test, but the women all stopped at level 5.4, whereas the men carried on going. On the push and pull, the men passed with ease, but the women all failed. The instructor told us lads to go as we had passed, but she gave the women another chance to practise on the dyno machine first and then try again. None of the women looked like they had done much training and it showe…

    • 9 replies
    • 440 views
  2. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, What is the starting salary (not for the Met) and when does it go up - is it after 6 months ?

    • 9 replies
    • 935 views
    oxoneil1546620061
  3. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Ive got my start date for the 8th jan 07.Does anybody else have this date?

    • 2 replies
    • 350 views
  4. BlueGlue
    Started by BlueGlue,

    I do thats for sure im starting week 14 and ive only got 35 done. But iam lazy when it comes to doing these :twisted:

    • 33 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, Just done my medical and have uniform fitting soon. What do you get and how much do you get of each ? Is there anything you have to buy yourself such as boots or is it all provided ?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    oxoneil1546620061
  6. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Did anyone ever watch the excellent BBC TV Series "Raw Blues" a few years ago? It follows the progress of Metropolitan Police recruits as they go through their training at Hendon Police College. I've just watched the DVD again and I was wondering what became of the people featured in the programme? Are they still in the job?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi, Passed my medical for derbyshire yesterday. Anybody know of the next stages ?

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  8. miccstaff1546620083
    Started by miccstaff1546620083,

    Hey everyone i have my fitness test and medical for the met on dec 19th. Anyone got there's for dec? Ive been practicing the machine as im lucky and can use the one in NSY. I am passing okay on it so far. Ill say to everyone it is technique that is a major thing. i have added 10kg just by that. Does anyone have any idea too if we pass our fitness in dec what kind of start date we are looking at? Does that life skills questionnaire have anything to do with it? Also can we get on the residential course at hendon. Any info from anyone would be great and feel to msn me tallie misskinloch@hotmail.com

    • 2 replies
    • 254 views
    miccstaff1546620083
  9. Jon261980
    Started by Jon261980,

    Level 7 on the bleep test 55 Average Push 66 Average Pull I am well pleased tonight. One more step along the way...

    • 1 reply
    • 292 views
  10. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    I heard today that Cambs aren't taking any intakes for the next two years :cry: Is this true???

    • 20 replies
    • 888 views
  11. Wolfie74
    Started by Wolfie74,

    I'm in the West Mids, what about the rest of us?

    • 27 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    HI all, As i approach my start date....only 5 days away.... i just wanted to say a great big thanks to everyone for helping me through the long recruitment process! Don't fret i will come back and post my experiences xxxx Good luck all! Maddie xxxx

    • 10 replies
    • 600 views
  13. birdie1546620059
    Started by birdie1546620059,

    I have just had a letter from BTP turning me down for the role of PC. I rang them and they won't give me a reason. I was told i was top of the list for Nottm and that the start date would be Dec. I had passed everything by last Nov and was just waiting for a start date. :cry:

    • 36 replies
    • 1.9k views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  14. maccas
    Started by maccas,

    I have recently passed all tests and have been successful but I simply cannot afford to join. It's a career that I would have enjoyed enormously but it won't pay the bills. I don't think that the government are compentent in offering a training salary of £20,800 pa. to a man with 2 kids a wife and a mortage. we simply wouldn't make ends meet. Are there any others in my situation?

  15. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    First of all - can someone tell me without being naughty and giving too much away, if: roleplay actors give you all the necessary cues for you to be able to respond using RRD and the other CC's. OR, do you have to take the initiative and tailor the conversations yourself so that you make it possible to be RRD for example. To expand on that: im aware of the "parking space" incident at westshire - what I would like to know is will the "customer" complain that she feels discrimitated against or victimised for her/his ethnicity - or do you have to put the pieces of the puzzle together yourself and then say "i think you've been subjected to racial discrimination - we don't to…

    • 5 replies
    • 530 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.