Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cyrus7
    Started by cyrus7,

    Hi All, I have passed all the various stages for Gloucestershire Constabulary, have had a conditional offer, a start date 02/01/07 and attended my uniform fitting. I am just waiting on the security clearance, but have still not heard a thing. Recruitment have stated that their hands are tied and it will take as long as it takes. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas how long it takes as they are cutting things fine? I have only worked as a civil servant since leaving university (10 years checkable history) This has included a prison officer, Warfare officer Royal Navy and Defra. I have been security cleared before 3 times for the above jobs/ signed the official secr…

    • 4 replies
    • 629 views
  2. j_robi
    Started by j_robi,

    title says it all- how many people apply, and how many get in? guess it depends on the force, in general or specific figures would be interesting im thinking of joining sw police, im 22 with a first degree, probably applying next year thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 832 views
  3. AliceTinker
    Started by AliceTinker,

    Hi everyone Just received a letter from Notts police and have the passed the application form and have my assesment day on the 16th November. Is anyone else going on this day and does anyone have any tips, Good luck everyone :shock:

    • 14 replies
    • 740 views
  4. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    hey Thought i would start the ball rolling with this section again! Tests involved in the assessment: Maths - 12 mins 25 questions on various maths problems (I found this taxing) verbal reasoning - 20 mins Reading a paragraph and answering questions about it. 2 x Written propoals 4 x Roll Plays (5 mins each) Interview - 20 mins i think.... Answering questions on Police Competencies Hope this helps newbies.......... Maddie xxxxx

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  5. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi, ive recently completed an online application form. ive just received a letter from the chief constable asking me for generic details, such as name, address, d.o.b etc, but i dont know why. i filled out all these details on the app form and was wondering if this was just a generic letter that was sent to all applicants?

    • 1 reply
    • 382 views
  6. mastac
    Started by mastac,

    I have my final interview on Wednesday. I am in a bit of a bad situation as I had to transfer my application from one force to another. The first force I applied to is the area I live in, so naturally i know lots about what is happening in the area, what initiatives are going on etc etc. I passed everything with this force and they do not have a final interview. The force I transfered my application to DO have a final interview, now, because i have passed everything already, (a/c, physical, medical, etc), they put me right through to the final stage, the final interview. This has happened extremely quick (within 1 and half weeks of me writing in to transfer my applicati…

    • 2 replies
    • 548 views
  7. Rebus1546620069
    Started by Rebus1546620069,

    I'vebeen told I don't need to wear a suit for the Day 2 at Hendon but what do most men wear - jeans/smart/casual/pingu costume?

    • 6 replies
    • 546 views
  8. PCJUH
    Started by PCJUH * ,

    I start my training at the end of the month, i am not sure whether i should take up the accomdation there as i live a long way away from their training centre. Or if i should get my own flat for the 5-6 months as the accomdation is really basic, shared room, shared kettle and fridge :? . I was wondering if i would be missing out on a lot by getting my own flat, I.e. is it a good laugh staying in the accomdation onsite, anyone have any experience of this? Good points so far for getting a flat would be im 20 years old and have not had my own place before, and the police accomdation is only monday-friday so means i would not have to come home at weekends. Bad points it …

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Big Mack
    Started by Big Mack,

    Hello all Excuse my impatience here. Has anyone heard anything more from BTP? I applied mid August and got confirmation of my application mid September. I know BTP have a slow recruitment process but it would be nice to have of motivation! Cheers.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. cliobritt
    Started by cliobritt,

    Last year, my phone was stolen on christmas eve, i went outside to use the callbox to block the contract and was told It cant be done "because its xmas eve" I lost my rag a little thinking how someone was probably calling Aus at my expence.... I lost my rag a little bit and slammed the phone on the hook really hard and the handset smashed into pieces! to make matters worse there was a WPC outside the call box who heard it all, she didnt ask any questions (Im quite a large chap) and cuffed me and i was taken to the station and given a £80 fixed penalty and was thanked for good attitude whilst being delt with!! This will be declared of course, but will it be a problem?…

    • 14 replies
    • 802 views
    Kopite1546619987
  11. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, perhaps someone can put my mind at reset (I hope) Q3 of the application form, giving an example of a decision you made that perhaps others disgreed with. In my scenario on my application it was one person who disgreed with me and not a group, will this cause me a problem? It says 'that others perhaps disagreed with', does this mean Ive made a big mistake with just the one person?

    • 3 replies
    • 497 views
  12. Cityfan23
    Started by Cityfan23,

    I know this question crops up all the time and there are many different opinions. I am buying my first pair of boots next week to start my training. I thought a poll should be a fair enough way to make up my mind!

    • 37 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Kopite1546619987
  13. wanna b cop
    Started by wanna b cop,

    thanks to foxtrot oscar i know where i have gone wrong and failed my last 2 applications i have almost completed the application form but am stuck on this question as i dont know what to put? can anyone help me please the question is police officers often work in teams and it is important that you are able to work well with others,and are willing to share in the less attractive jobs. think of an occasion when it was necessary to work with others to get something done and where you played your part in getting a result. you will bge assessed in this question on how well you co-operated with others in completing the task in hand ok the only thing i can think of is whe…

    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. king80
    Started by king80,

    Can anyone help. Give an example of when you have shown respect for someone with deep rooted beliefs. This may be religious, cultural, ethical or moral beliefs or some important aspect of their lifestyle. You will be assessed in this question on your understanding of, and sensitivity to, the differences you and this particular person had, and on how you adapted what you said or did. I know it needs to be own experience but im struggling. I totally understand what its asking but am struggling to match any occasion where i have been in the situation. Is this from the old application?.

    • 5 replies
    • 468 views
  15. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi, Anyone know a good site to get info on the core competencies. Thanks, Jon

    • 2 replies
    • 324 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.