Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mistral
    Started by Mistral,

    So far, I've got the following interested in meeting for a drink pre-Hendon: Andy241 Teflon Becs1987 kate928 There's a few from another site as well, so I'll duplicate post this on there too... I was thinking of early December, possibly w/c 4th December? It'll be a central London location, apparently Andy241 knows quite a few options for pubs! Does anyone have any particular preferences to it being a week day evening or at the weekend? Oh and any other 2nd Jan starters who want to come along, send me a message. Ta!

    • 55 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. Bluesteel705
    Started by Bluesteel705,

    Hey, After waiting for over a year for Cambs. Police to give me an A/C date (I was told on the phone it would be the first week of December) but hearing nothing, I was wondering how would I go about transferring my application to another force that is recruiting such as Norfolk or Avon? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 535 views
  3. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Anyone else got one coming up, any tips, etc?

    • 2 replies
    • 316 views
  4. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi all. Can someone help me. A member of my family has 3 convictions, but they are from 1984, which is over 20 years ago and they have never been in any trouble since, will this cause me to fail the security checks. Or is the fact the they are now spent convictions, mean that it would be ok.

    • 1 reply
    • 452 views
  5. The Stig1546620068
    Started by The Stig1546620068,

    Hello, Has anyone recently been through a final interview panel? I have mine scheduled for Jan 2007 and i'm bobbing it to say the least. I have no idea what to expect. I will be swotting up on police policies, priorities and recent operations. Apart from that can anyone give me any tips, pointers, helpful hints etc. This is the last hurdle and i do not want to fail. Thanks in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 363 views
  6. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi all, Had my A/C on 5th Dec. Interview went perfect, written proposal, maths and verbal were done with out any problems. Only thing I think I messed up on was the Roleplays. Ran out of time in one before I could propose a solution and in one roleplay, missed a RRD comment. Does missing that RRD comment, mean an automatic fail and if I did do poorly on the roleplays, but really well on the other tests, is it still possible to pull my grade back up? Really worried that I've failed especially after 12 months of waiting for the A/C.

    • 10 replies
    • 486 views
  7. g4ztfa
    Started by g4ztfa,

    Hi all I have been thinking about a change of career for a few months now. I came to the conclusion that working for the police may be extremely rewarding, however, search as I might I can't find a 'down-to-earth' list of criteria that someone should fit to truely enjoy a long rewarding career within the police force. I would be grateful if, between you, you could make a list of attributes that a potential candidate should already have or believe in, in order to become a good cop. Thanks G4z

  8. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hello people HOW U ALL DOIN? I am about to send my application form, just worried about my COMPETENCY answers, does anyone know the passmark for the PAPER SIFT STAGE FOR ESSEX??? I am 18 in a months time but luckily Essex allows people from the age of 17 1/2 to apply in advance and get appointment at 18. I live in East London and Essex is like 40-50 minutes drive my place or 45 minutes in the train, will what effect my application??? What is the PASS MARK for the ESSEX Assessment Centre, I'm weak in English but very strong in maths can anyone advise me on what i should do to overcome this??? If i have any driving convictions will that exclude me from joining and if …

    • 4 replies
    • 541 views
  9. gardag
    Started by gardag * ,

    hello, i am amember of an Garda Siochana(Irish Police Force)stationed in Finglas in Dublin. I am coming towards the end of my probation period and during this time we must complete a thesis or dissertation of 10,000 words on a police related topic. i have chosen the title is An Garda siochana equipping its members with up to date and adequate safety equipment. In doing this i was hoping to compare the equipment issued to uk police forces, however i have found information difficult to come by. If anyone could give me some information or even a website with information on the training which uk police receive in relation to self defence - amount of training, use of handcuf…

    • 1 reply
    • 905 views
  10. markalama
    Started by markalama,

    At NYP we dont get attested till the last day of college training, but from reading around this and othert sites it seems most people are attested near the begining, meaning they have all the powers but no knowledge. Now that initial training is run out in communities away from the 'shelter' of regional colleges, is it dangerous to give people powers from the start?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Policeman Chris *
  11. villageidiot
    Started by villageidiot,

    I couldn't see this posted anywhere else, but apologies if this is a repeat. I've applied for West Yorkshire Police, and have just got a phone call to say im through to the next stage and I need help with two questions really about recruitment. First off, is there any drugs test? I presume there will be? Secondly, if there is one, do they test for just illegal drugs, or do they test for anything else? This sounds a little strange, so let me explain! Im taking supplements for my weight training, which include testosterone boosters, and some stuff called NO2 (nitro oxide or something, i cant remember what its called exactly!). So obviously, i have a higher than n…

  12. jojoclevercat
    Started by jojoclevercat,

    As you can probably guess I passed my medical today!!!! so so so so so so happy! All the months of worrying/stressing etc etc have so been worth it to be given my start date and collar number today!! Want to thank everybody on this site once again for all your useful advice you've helped me a great deal from when I got my AC date and it's very much appreciated! THANK YOU! a very very very happy and excited Jo!! x

    • 11 replies
    • 553 views
  13. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Hi, I am just working through the examples for the aforementioned test from the Tolley book: "The New Police Selection System"; and I feel that one of the questions is wrong. I'll summarise below: <If this is infringing copyright let me know - sorry in advance> It's this case study: "The new sports club at Dolchem was vandalized (sic) on Friday evening after the boy scouts had finished their weekly meeting in the new hall. Damages are expected to be over £4,000. It is also know that: - Local teenagers opposed the proposal to charge people to use the club's facilities. Question that bothers me: 13. The Youth of Dolchem had a motive to vandalize (sic) the new s…

    • 10 replies
    • 451 views
  14. Wolfie74
    Started by Wolfie74,

    Hi all, just joined the forum. I've got a year in the job now and i work in West Mids, must say i love the job.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi, I've passed my medical and just got security and references to go. Does anybody know if you get a choice as to your posting. Just that one of the divisions is over 60 miles from me. Any ideas ? Alan

    • 2 replies
    • 550 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.