Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pottle
    Started by Pottle,

    Although you get feedback about your own performance in comparison with others on your assessment centre I think it would be quite interesting to see what everyone else is achieving out there. Does the force you apply to make much difference (perhaps some use better staff etc)?

    • 6 replies
    • 821 views
  2. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    I'm so chuffed. Got the letter just now and my A/C is 4th January!! I can't believe it's so soon. I'm going on holidays on 6th Jan for a week so that was a close shave...now I have to study!!

    • 12 replies
    • 696 views
  3. Nathan35
    Started by Nathan35,

    Hey all, I'm currently 16 and 9months..thinking about the police once I leave college. Does anyone know any statistics etc for the chances of getting in the force at 18/19? I heard getting in at 18/19 is extremely tuff. I'm not worrying about medical, the exams, fitness etc as i'm farly smart..currently doing A-Levels, and physically fit. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 840 views
  4. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I am sending my application form 2moro, Hope i make it to a/c, One of you said how i need a licence but i dont have one, Now what??? + i got a driving conviction, People Please help me and if you have msn then please add me its sho_7@hotmail.co.uk

    • 12 replies
    • 762 views
  5. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I have just completed my application form online for Essex Police, i selected 18 in the age though i am not 18 yet but i will be in 4 weeks time but i had no choice where i could select 17 becuase Essex takes application from people of 17 1/2 n m 18 very soon, i declared my conviction and i just got a lil mistake where i had to put my additional sisters detail in the box and i fogot to put the D.O.B will it delay my application???

    • 6 replies
    • 731 views
    sykes1545925530
  6. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    I have my assessment on Thursday and was wondering if anybody could give me some examples for the written part. There were a couple on here which was a great help but now i cant find them.

    • 1 reply
    • 461 views
  7. bbb
    Started by bbb * ,

    I got 3rd class degree in law and want to apply to become police officer. Do you think I have any chance? Im not sure how does the whole process works? I heard to become police officer you actually don't need any degree at all? and could anyone please tell me what is a/c?

    • 9 replies
    • 399 views
  8. jacsprat
    Started by jacsprat,

    Hi advice gratefully received. I was gutted to fail my last fitness by 1kg on dyno pull. More determined than ever, but apart from pulling and pushing on different weight machines, as dyno's seem to be extinct, any advice gratefully received... Also, on endurance, is it normal to'warm up ' to level 4? I know that I need to push myself to limit and training like mad, but different counties seem to work to different levels, very frustrating.

    • 3 replies
    • 389 views
  9. sneaky_beaky
    Started by sneaky_beaky,

    Can officers with knowledge of this Parish get in contact with me? PM me via this forum please. cheers/diolch, sneakysneaky_beaky2006-12-09 12:56:59

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  10. moony1
    Started by moony1,

    hi all. have just copmpleted my application form and was wondering if anyone minded taking a look over my application form cheers in advance MOONY

    • 1 reply
    • 573 views
  11. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Mine is around 4 hours a day for the last 2 weeks. My brain takes some training!!

    • 10 replies
    • 363 views
  12. keeley1546620103
    Started by keeley1546620103 * ,

    Just curious to know how long will it take for me to find out whether or not iv passed the first stage. And also, IF i do get in, when i am training ay Whymondham (think thats how its spelt) :roll: Will i have to travel up there, or is there an option to stay on sight??? Oooooo, im full of questions aren't I?? He, He!!

    • 4 replies
    • 497 views
    Jonnyfandango *
  13. addya330
    Started by addya330,

    If you disagree with the policy, petition via the official N10 website here http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/ Also if it hasnt been posted anywhere else this may be of interest:- http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/DC-Stephen-Oake/

    • 0 replies
    • 511 views
  14. albs09
    Started by albs09 * ,

    Hey guys, im 23 and ive been considering joining the police for the past 4 years but never got to applying due to the competency questions being a bit tricky. Now im ready and know exactly what to put down, i want to join Hampshire but im being a bit inpatient waiting for the application to come through the post. I downloaded the application form from Avon&somerset and its changed alot! does anyone know if the Hampshire application form is the same or is it the old one? And also, can anyone give me tips or hints on the key factors of answering the competency test? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 493 views
    Borat1546620039
  15. Jasons_leftleg
    Started by Jasons_leftleg,

    Thanks for all your help guys!!!! Thats it done now. Just the wait for a start date

    • 7 replies
    • 477 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.