Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi Everyone, Has anyone got any ideas of what this is all about. I have been told its a 2 day course so to speak based outdoors and indoors. No other info has been given. Has anyone else been on this 2 day course? and is it some form of team building? Many Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 649 views
  2. tigerstripes
    Started by tigerstripes * ,

    Hi!! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice please! I'm almost 16 and I'm leaving school soon, and I've been wanting to be a police officer for quite a while. I know you have to be 18 and 5 moths (I think) years old to apply to be an officer but in the two years I have is there any sort of junior police force I could join just to pick up a bit of experience? And can I ask what everyone else did? Did you study police-related courses in college or something? =) And also, can someone explain to me what are the full stages of becoming an officer, like the interview and fitness tests and written papers please? XD Sorry I don't ask for much do I? But yeah any help…

    • 5 replies
    • 757 views
  3. celtictracy
    Started by celtictracy,

    Hi, Wondering if anyone can help. I applied to become a police officer, something I have thought about doing for a long time, as I absolutely gutted to receive a letter today from the force I applied to, advising that after my application had been processed through Initial Sift they regretted that they cannot pursue my application any further !!! What is the Initial Sift and what does this mean ? Any information to understand this decision would be greatly appreciated. Tracy.

    • 30 replies
    • 2k views
    chichi1546620011
  4. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Yep it's true - got a letter this morning only one week after sitting the A/C to tell me the good news. I have a final interview date for 11th Jan and fitness for the 18th Jan. Everything is happening so quick. Thanks to all those who gave me warm messages of support after I thought I'd blown it. You're all stars. Incidentally, the only damage from my "hellish role play" was a D for Problem solving - so no biggy 61% Overall (phew) 67% RRD 100% Oral communication 89% Written Communication. Have a Happy Christmas all!

    • 9 replies
    • 406 views
  5. Jem Bob
    Started by Jem Bob,

    I'm almost in WMP (medical and physical to go) but the reason I chose this force specifically is no longer there. I don't want to start the application process again elsewhere but if I get in am I tied in for the 2 year probationary period? If anyone knows I'd appreciate advice.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Had my assessment centre for West Yorkshire Police today.....got to say it was very demanding and required plenty of hard work! I felt the role plays went pretty well, i managed to appease the role actors and find a solution to their problems, without too much trouble. The interview went ok........interviewer didnt really give much away though.......i noticed him ticking his boxes especially when i was answering the RRD question. He seemed to continue ticking once the interview was complete - dont know whether this was a good or bad sign! The verbal reasoning test went pretty well, although a few questions were quite difficult. The maths test was awful although numera…

    • 4 replies
    • 502 views
  7. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    hi, my a/c is tomorrow and to say i havent done much work is being generous. can anyone give me any last min crammin tips- what's the most important bits to learn etc and what to focus my attention on for tonights revision! not too worried about the numeracy and literacy, just the rest of it! thanks

    • 16 replies
    • 683 views
    vimto1546620109
  8. ARNHEM
    Started by ARNHEM * ,

    Hello every one! Just a quick question for any body with the answer. Any body know the average age for police candidates. :roll:

    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
    tarquin131546620110
  9. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    Had my A/C yesterday, i think it went ok. I think i messed up big time on the maths, all though i anwsered everythiung i got to a stage where i was geussing alot. If i did severly bad on the maths could i potentially fail? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 431 views
  10. looneytune1546620105
    Started by looneytune1546620105,

    Hi all. I am in the application process with Kent police for the regs, i applied in august this year. I am a serving sc in kent and i recieved a reg 9 complaint back in may 05. The complaint is still going on until it is resolved in court (i didnt do anything wrong by the way ). Im just wondering how this will affect my application? Thank you.

    • 2 replies
    • 840 views
    looneytune1546620105
  11. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Is it advisable to visit a local police station prior to the initial interview? Maybe speak to local probabtioners, experienced officers etc to discuss the job, your local area etc. If you contact the station would they be happy to me you and give you a tour of the station?

    • 7 replies
    • 686 views
  12. ajs2k2
    Started by ajs2k2,

    Had my a/c today and it went terribly at the role play section. Just couldnt figure out how to appease the actors. Felt i did ok on the written and maths and ok on interview but made a mess of the role plays. Good luck everyone due to attend an a/c!

    • 9 replies
    • 776 views
  13. quoc
    Started by quoc,

    Hi everyone. Feeling terrible Woke up this morning to find that my car had been broken into. Not sure if it is coincidental or planned, but the one night I leave my satnav in the glove box is the night someone decides to break in :cry: I see all these advertisements and parents constantly nagging me not to leave things in the car yet here I am. I guess its human nature. Always thinking "nah, it won't happen to me", and I end up learning the hard way! Does anyone know if claiming on insurance to replace a broken window will affect the premium next year or any no claims bonus? I am going to be unemployed from the 14th of January because commuting from London to …

    • 8 replies
    • 800 views
  14. mikcarr
    Started by mikcarr,

    Just had a letter :) from the CNC making a conditional offer to start on the January 2007 course. Is anyone else in the same boat - assuming the course IS actually held in a boat? :roll:

    • 6 replies
    • 700 views
  15. TINAORD67
    Started by TINAORD67,

    Hi there, am new to this site - only registered yesterday. Have an application for a PCSO going on with Cheshire. Recently failed the running test and retaking in January so wonder if anyone can tell me what's the best way to build up to it? I've never been a runner, quite happily gallop on horseback but not on my own 2 feet! Also, I have been scared of running as ruptured my achilles twice (one after the other) 3 years ago but getting over that fear now. Need some confidence building! Lastly, a friend wants to know what happens at the Assessment Centre, I was lucky to only have an interview so don't know. I have seen a website somewhere that describes what goes on…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.