Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stewart1
    Started by stewart1,

    Hello, This is my first post. This may be a bit unorthodox but, I was hoping that someone may be able to look over the answers I have given to the application form competency questions. They are in word format and I have not yet put them to paper as it were. Someone with the relevant experience would be preferred. I do not want any answers, maybe something like question 1: fine question 2: elaborate. I appreciate any help. Many thanks Stewart.

    • 0 replies
    • 350 views
  2. scribbledogg
    Started by scribbledogg,

    I am looking to join the police. I have two lobe peircings which can be removed. however I also have two cartilage peircings which are quite new. I can conceal them by using a clear plastic retainer when needed. The reatainers are very discrete and would only really be noticed if I drew attention to them. Does anyone know if this is acceptable, or will I eventually have to lose them if I become sucessful?

    • 9 replies
    • 465 views
  3. scooby82
    Started by scooby82,

    Can anyone tell me what stage you would be knocked back at because of your outgoings?

    • 13 replies
    • 698 views
    frustrated_in_iraq
  4. Foxtrot_oscar
    Started by Foxtrot_oscar,

    I see there are quite a few AC's going on at the moment. I noticed there's some today and tomorrow. How did you all get on?

    • 37 replies
    • 1k views
  5. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    Hey, i got my Hants medical soon, which shouldn be fine looking to find some Hants Probies, to give me a quick heads up!

    • 10 replies
    • 660 views
  6. frustrated_in_iraq
    Started by frustrated_in_iraq,

    Information for all, I have been given info from recruitment lately that has been "quoted" from Home Office Circulars. Much to the annoyance of the recruitment department I corrected them on what they were telling me as these are all available online. National Recruitment Standards are included amongst these to detail fitness testing, vetting, your eligibility requirements.... It is all there. Have a look and KNOW what YOU must do or be at, just in case recruitment get it wrong. It DOES HAPPEN! http://www.circulars.homeoffice.gov.uk

    • 3 replies
    • 464 views
  7. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    At last i have my assesment date through!!! 19th Jauary, im sooooo excited, ive waited over a year for this, i can't wait

    • 4 replies
    • 366 views
  8. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    Does anybody know how far the police check your employment history??? i have put down both my current and one previous employer to be contacted. I havent got a very good reference from one of the employers a couple of years go would they check this and what would they ask?>?

    • 4 replies
    • 416 views
  9. AliceTinker
    Started by AliceTinker,

    Hi I have passed my papershift and A/C for Notts police and have had the confirmation letter to say i have passed, but i have no further information on what is happening next or when my fitness test or anything is Is anyone else in the same boat at the moment - i am so excited and it would be nice to know how long it is until the next stage. XXX

    • 2 replies
    • 298 views
  10. charbie77
    Started by charbie77 * ,

    Hey sat my a/c on the 12th of december and still no results this wait is killing me i have been up every morning waiting for the post and looking at everybodys results the time they have got them is around 3 weeks why do they say 2? I have waited nearly a month now, i think the waiting time is the most difficult thing we have to do. My mom is a police officer and she is telling me to ring the recruitment office, do you think they could help?

    • 8 replies
    • 239 views
  11. village
    Started by village,

    Hi, What uniform is actually given to you on your fitting date eg, how much and what exactly are you given? Do you take it away with you or what? Sorry, but the pre-start stress is kicking in and now i have numerous questions floating about my head! Cheers Bring on the 29th! :wink:

    • 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
    nozza1546620103
  12. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Can anyone tell me if Cambridshire force has a final interview please? After reading different posts it seems some forces have them and some don't? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 320 views
  13. Dougy1546620111
    Started by Dougy1546620111 * ,

    Hi peeps, I hear rumours that the Police dislike Soldiers joining. Is this true am i in for a rough ride??

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    sykes1545925530
  14. rushie1546620075
    Started by rushie1546620075,

    Has anyone been offered a place at Hendon Feb onwards? There seemed to be plenty of Jan intakers on here but surely they must be offering the feb places soon?

    • 5 replies
    • 411 views
  15. Debs22
    Started by Debs22,

    Hi there Just wondering if anyone is going through the process with GMP. I sent in my application about 6 weeks ago and have not heard back yet. Just wondering if i should get in touch with recruitment or leave it for a while. cheers :)

    • 25 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.