Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    The big day is approaching and it's approaching fast. So far I have swatted up on the following:- Current hot topics within my force such as Neighbourhood Policing. I have looked up the demographic of the city and know all about which different communities there are such as Somali's, Asians, etc. Have got roughly 2 answers for each competency, just need to remember which answer goes with which question! Have got a reply ready if they ask me if I have ever lied. Have got an answer if they ask me what I would do if I pull someone over and it is a family member. Have answers for "tell me about a time you have tried to achieve something, but failed" etc. I kno…

    • 2 replies
    • 252 views
  2. mac 111
    Started by mac 111,

    :shock: I am over the moon. Passed my A/C 10 Jan 2007, got letter today. Do not know the percentages yet but a pass is a pass. Waiting for a date in June/July.[/b]

    • 10 replies
    • 394 views
  3. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    What is the new pate rate for probationers (not met) and any ideas what it works out at each pay date after pension, tax and ni. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 747 views
    nozza1546620103
  4. village
    Started by village,

    Hi, When I received my welcome pack I noticed a leaflet informing me about the Hepatitis B vaccine which also contained lots of worrying detail and why it's necessary to be vaccinated. Have all coppers had their vaccination and should I book an appointment at the docs to have mine done before I start? I have to say that I never really put much thought into coming into contact with blood and other fluids which may harbour potentially deadly virsuses. It's now become the thing that I'm most worried about. Anyone out there able to allay my fears?

    • 10 replies
    • 962 views
    Performance_Pursuit
  5. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hey everyone, just letting you all know that i passed my a/c!!! ive got my fitness on the 20th jan and they want me to start in feb!!! however, im still at uni til may so ive got to wait until the 10th april, but i dont care!!!! thank you so much for all your help and input, especially gemini who has been a great help in reassuring me and helping me out. Thanks again kev

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. scribbledogg
    Started by scribbledogg,

    Just a few worries. I have never been charged with anything, but about 8/9 years ago I knocked about with a bad lot (as we invariably all do at some point). One of the girls I knew trashed a flat whilst I was there with her. I didnt do anything or touch anything. Someone saw us and gave our names to the Police. We were all arrested (very ashamed as I type). After several hours of explaining that I only watched, and the girl who actually did the trashing owning up, we were released. If I remember correctly it was 'refused charge'?!? I had no follow up or anything. I have always been led to believe that I dont have anything to disclose, as such, as I didnt actuall…

    • 3 replies
    • 420 views
  7. idnan
    Started by idnan,

    Hi, does anyone know anything about the familirisation evening that is part of the selection process after the papersift? Are you allowed to take a partner with you? How long does it last?

    • 3 replies
    • 667 views
    guy incognito1546080874
  8. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Is it worth starting a pension as soon the first pay packet arrives? Im only 23 and looking for my start this march: thing is i'm sorta skint at the moment, and have a student loan and overdraft to pay off. Would it be easy to just defer the pension scheme for a few years so every penny I get now goes on getting me back into the black? Thoughts? / Opinions? / Experiences? Thanking y'all.

    • 18 replies
    • 924 views
  9. KelvisKels
    Started by KelvisKels * ,

    hello all ! I was wondering if this would be the place to find advice on becoming a Crime Scene Investigator. I am currently at school, just about to sit my GCSE's in June but when I leave school i want to be a Crime Scene Investigator, but im having problems finding out information about it. I live in northern Ireland and was wondering do you have to join the police or is there a way to become a CSI within being a police officer firstly. My School Careers teacher really doesn't have a clue either. I assume i'll have to study Science A-levels ?? If anyone could help me it will be appreciated ! Thank You :?

    • 5 replies
    • 3.9k views
  10. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Please could someone tell me what sort of answers they had in there head for the interview questions, i don't actually want someone to give me there exact answers just a couple examples, I'm struggling a bit!! Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 350 views
  11. Bluesteel705
    Started by Bluesteel705,

    Hey just a quick question, if, in the roleplay one of the actors uses an innapropriate name or phrase etc, is it ok repeat the phrase when challenging them? IE: "If I can just point out that using the phrase "-------------" would be considered as discriminatory under our Equality Policy and is innapropiate to use at this time" or something similar? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 546 views
  12. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    had my results today and i passed! no idea what grades/percentages or anything cos my mom opened to letter and rang me but i dont care! lol had my assessment 19th dec at west mids and really didnt expect to hear so soon! there's hope for us all! lol. just got the security stuff and references to get out the way now! any idea how long all that takes? if my references get those done quite quick that is. thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 356 views
  13. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Ok, i've checked the "Hints and Tips" section on the GMP website and it's clear that they'll be looking for the same core competencies as at the A/C - with the addition of Problem Solving. Can somebody tell me if they'll ask for a specific example, or rather just assess my problem solving skills from the 'Original' 4 competencies? Secondly: research. I was about to start collecting and collating force information earlier to revise for the next week - but there is SO MUCH I can't decide what should take priority? The left hand navigation bar on http://www.gmp.police.uk is awash with various kinds of information. Numerous Operations, events, appeals, news stories, local p…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    .. been asked to describe a situation when they had to display: - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Customer and Community focus ??? Im told by everyone to learn examples of these - but no-one I have spoken to has actually said they got one of the above competencies assessed in the interview? So.. can anyone positively recall getting one the above in their interview? and how was the question worded? (no confidentiality restrictions). Many Many Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 471 views
  15. Stephanie Warren
    Started by Stephanie Warren,

    Hello, this is the first time I've posted anything on this forum but I have my first assessment centre coming up and I'm getting nervous (esp. with the role play!) Just wondered if anyone else was attending the assessment centre in Jan? Thanks, Steph

    • 23 replies
    • 684 views
    peteratsea1546620082

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.