Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. hellsbells23
    Started by hellsbells23,

    Hi does anyone know if there would be any problems in getting a mortgage if i had only just started the police as a pc? anyone know also if mortgage relief is still ongoing for cleveland? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 949 views
  2. uav689
    Started by uav689,

    Hi All I have passed the assesment center, medical, fitness with the Met, the last stage being in early Dec, any ideas how long it will take to start? thanks UAV

    • 2 replies
    • 398 views
  3. kittykat
    Started by kittykat,

    Hi everyone, im new on this forum! Happy new year! I have recieved the date for my assessment day, its at the end of febuary. However after reading this site I am very nervous about it. Im not concerned about the verbal or numerical tests but I am worried about the other stuff, especially the competency questions- what sort of questions do they ask? Also is it as hard as everyone on this forum makes out, and do people generally fail the first time? What can I do to prepare? And if I did pass how long do you have to wait for the results? Sorry for all the questions but I am nervous!!

  4. surreygirl
    Started by surreygirl,

    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place... Where do Hampshire recruits do their training these days? im trying to decide which force i want to apply to, the descision is harder than filling in the ap form Thanks A

  5. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    I have read lots of posts about people being worried about being over a BMI of 30, but what is the minimum BMI? I am 5 ft 11 and weigh 10 stone 10 which gives me a BMI of about 20. I am quite slim but do noy carry an ounce of fat on my body, but i am worried that it may be percieved that my BMI is too low.

    • 6 replies
    • 492 views
    ann11546620050
  6. elwoodblues
    Started by elwoodblues * ,

    I'm currently in the Armed Forces and looking to get out soon and hopefully join the Lothian and Borders force. I suffered a crushed vertebra and a broken ankle in a climbing accident about 3 years ago, which resulted in a small metal pin being put in my ankle. I got myself back to full fitness after the accident and I'm still serving in the military with no restrictions on what I can physically do. I'm in the infantry, so it's obviously fairly physical, running up and down hills, etc, and I've had no dramas since the accident. I don't think I'll have any problems with the Police Fitness Test, but I'm worried that my previous injuries may count against me in the medica…

    • 6 replies
    • 311 views
  7. SGB
    Started by SGB,

    Hi, Ive got my A/C in Feb. Anyone able to give me a couple of eg's of what sort of scenarios come up in the A/C. Ive recieved my "Westshire" centre info pack. Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    Hi got a question on the poice interview at the A/C. Will they ask normal interview questions like your strengths weaknesses or will the questions solely be on the core competencies where we hae competency based questions as there is only 20 mins to answer 4 questions im guessing normal interview questions like why do u wnt to join wont be asked???

    • 2 replies
    • 385 views
  9. Biker girl
    Started by Biker girl,

    Hello... I am a 24-year-old young lady and as some of you guys may know, am just getting into the recruitment process. I am completing my initial application and have come to the competency questions... I have done a couple already as I can use where I work to identify some decent examples. However I have come to one question that doesn't come under my current job role. Could any of you guys help me please? I have received so much great advice already; I hope no one thinks I am asking too much? Here's the question... "Try to remember an occasion when you have had to tell a person or group, something they might find upsetting or difficu…

    HMService1545925553
  10. leon1546080884
    Started by leon1546080884,

    passed papersift for btp april 2006.have heard nothing since.has anyone idea how long i will have to wait for assesment date.i am also hoping to work in cleveland.

    • 15 replies
    • 722 views
  11. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Is it the same as most other jobs where you're paid at a certain time each month - and you end up with a 1, 2 or 3 week deficit for your entire career depending on what day you start?

    • 3 replies
    • 912 views
  12. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    hi at the a/c do we have access to the westshire documents we are sent through the post so when we do our written proposals we can refer to things like the code of practice and race practices??? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 457 views
  13. gurubumsmack
    Started by gurubumsmack,

    Hello everyone on these very fine forums! I'm considering applying for the police and came across this website and forum in my search for further information. Must say I'm impressed by what I've found. A bit about me. I'm 25 years of age (26 in June) and currently 1 semester away from completing a Computer Networking Degree where I hope to achieve a 2:1. I've been working part time for the last 4 years of my course as a gym instructor and prior to that was full time at the same place for approx 2 years. My plan 4 years ago was to take my hobby in computers and develop it into a career. Unfortunately, doing a degree in something you enjoy as a hobby is a big mistake and…

    • 8 replies
    • 939 views
  14. stewart1
    Started by stewart1,

    Hello, This is my first post. This may be a bit unorthodox but, I was hoping that someone may be able to look over the answers I have given to the application form competency questions. They are in word format and I have not yet put them to paper as it were. Someone with the relevant experience would be preferred. I do not want any answers, maybe something like question 1: fine question 2: elaborate. I appreciate any help. Many thanks Stewart.

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
  15. kamran786
    Started by kamran786,

    is says in the welcom pack ' it is not necessary to memorise the details and documents contained in this pack, as you will be provided with all the information you require in the preperation phases of the excercies. ?????? pls clarify

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.