Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. doodlebug
    Started by doodlebug * ,

    Hi, not sure if this is the correct section, lets hope :) Right, I sent my application (online version) about a month ago, and im unsure whether or not I should have heard anything back by now? If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it. Regards, Dale

    • 4 replies
    • 706 views
  2. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Does anyone think that the traditional style police uniform consisting of white shirt and tie seem outdated and impractical? I've applied to BTP, and I know that all officers in Scotland now wear black combat style trousers along with black lycra polo shirts, which makes the wearing of the stab proof vest less sweaty. I must agree that a white shirt certainly isn't practical if you end up rolling about on the ground with a suspect. On the other hand, the shirt and tie looks more professional and the public seem to respond to that image better. The new style Scottish uniform was recently criticised in newspapers for looking "facist" and members of the public found it t…

    • 27 replies
    • 2.1k views
    nozza1546620103
  3. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    Does anybody who went to the assessment centre last week know their results. Lincolnshire recruitment rang me today to say i'v passed.

    • 2 replies
    • 667 views
  4. harry batt
    Started by harry batt,

    Has anyone else had the OK for this yet? Got my phone call last Friday and welcome pack on the Saturday, I'm still a bit shocked and don't think the reality has fully kicked in yet. Though underneath I am hysterically happy :D/ I am trying to remain calm! Would be good if there's anyone who wants to meet up in the canteen on day 1, we can be nervous together!

    • 2 replies
    • 625 views
  5. cchops1
    Started by cchops1,

    Hi.. Does anyone know what finance checks are done... I have had in the past CCJ which I have declaired and given a certificate od satisfaction but my credit rating is not very good. Any ideas people as I am getting a bit worried about it :cry:

    • 4 replies
    • 664 views
  6. Mistral
    Started by Mistral,

    Just wanted to wish all those who I've met from my intake, a very happy Christmas and a Merry (but not too merry!) :wink: New Year!! See you on 2nd!! Woo hoo!!!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Im due to start with staffs police on 8th jan 07, is there anybody else on here who as got the same date?

    • 2 replies
    • 461 views
  8. lmh
    Started by lmh,

    I unfortunately failed my police fitness/physical test in late August. I failed on the pull section of the test with a score of 32kg. My push score was ok at 42kg. I have since been working on improving these at the gym using regular equipment (bench press/seated row/millions of press-ups etc) and felt I had made some significant progress... untill i found & joined another gym today which has the DYNO machine to practice on... and I pushed/pulled even worse results than at my fitness test!! (29kg pull and 35kg push) Is there a secret technique that anyone could let me in on or am I just too weedy? I have another fitness test at the end of November so im starting …

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Just a quickie - when you hear the buzzer and enter the room - are you expect to say the first words? "hello im so and so the CSO - I believe there's an issue I can help you with" - etc etc. OR, will the "customer" immediately hit the accelerator (metaphorically) and start ranting/talking etc etc. And if so are you expected to skip the pleasantries and immediately begin digging for information etc? Im not sure what i'd do :?

    • 8 replies
    • 807 views
  10. Sooz1546620070
    Started by Sooz1546620070,

    Good Morning everyone! Hope you all had a good christmas! I have a little bit of a problem in the fact that I need somewhere to live when I start in Caterbury on Jan 29th. As I'm from North London, I plan on relocating anyway but I'm not sure how to go about finding somewhere, not wanting to leave it till my induction week at Maidstone, I'm in a bit of a panic. The other thing is that my first posting is to North Kent so this hinders me in deciding where to look for accomadation even more! Any thoughts, pointers, phone numbers, websites etc would be very helpful and I'd be soooo grateful! Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone starting in the New Year! Sooz

    • 0 replies
    • 531 views
  11. tarquin13
    Started by tarquin13,

    I am awaiting my assessment day results this friday 22nd. I am more than positive( without arrogance) that I have passed, as its my 2nd resit, after failing by 1%. That was my english. The day went great, I flew through it all , no problem. Having the matrix from the old assessment day helped no end too. My problem. MY brother has been done for drunk driving, had a messy devorce and has had the police out to him 3 times for violent behaviour, now he has a warrant out for non payment of a fine. I believe my mum has paid this since. Also , my son , who is 13 lived in an address that was raided for drugs, They found a small quantity for personal us…

  12. Big Mack
    Started by Big Mack,

    Has anyone heard about their BTP applications that had to be submitted by August (2006)? I am prepared for a long haul but am looking for inspiration!

    • 4 replies
    • 920 views
  13. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Have a great break everyone! Zane

    • 4 replies
    • 305 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  14. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    Hi, Although I'm hopeful I will pass the A/C, if I don't pass I would like to apply to become a PCSO until I can become a PC. My quandry is Essex police are recruiting for PCSOs and deadline is 12 January..arrgh! My A/C for police officer is 4th January, so I won't have had the results in by then. Is it possible for me to apply for PCSO now in case I fail the A/C. I don't want to look unprofessional as I am really comitted to passing my A/c, but at the same time I don't want to fail and have to wait six months for them to recruit again. any advice appreciated, ta :)

    • 10 replies
    • 780 views
  15. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi Everyone, A freind of mine has passed everything to become a PCSO for North Wales, however, he has been told that if he was going for the regulars then he would fail on the hearing test. I know from previous posts that alot of people have issues with their eye sight and have it sorted through different methods. Is or has anyone been through this and is there something that can be done about someones hearing to ensure it is suitable to be a regular police office. Just on the top of all this, why do PCSO have different medical requirements to a regular police officer? Are they not doing a similar job to regulars? Interesting to hear others views

    • 6 replies
    • 622 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.