Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    Hey everyone, I've got my Assessment centre next week and was wondering how many others are also waiting? How are you all feeling? So far I'm not too nervous, although there is another few days to go yet! Good luck to everyone and happy New Year :)

    • 25 replies
    • 683 views
  2. bowdonius
    Started by bowdonius,

    Does any one have any idea what format the employment reference goes out in? i.e does my employer have to write one or is it a series of questions they have to tick/yes no answers?

    • 6 replies
    • 538 views
  3. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Can anybody tell me how long the initial training period is I am waiting for a start date and being of the inquisitive type (good job I suppose) I would like to know a bit more. Basically so i can tell when my wage will go up. :?

    • 3 replies
    • 766 views
  4. strawman
    Started by strawman,

    Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what sort of fitness facilities are available to probationers at Tulliallan? I currently do strength training with weights twice a week, combined with a couple of boxing sessions (mainly bag work) and I'd like to keep it up when I start my training in April but I've heard that most of the facilities are off limits to students. I expect the fitness training is fairly rigorous but I'd miss knocking seven shades out of a big leather bag every now and then! Cheers :)

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  5. denimboy
    Started by denimboy,

    Hi, Can anyone tell me about the background checks. As I have been working for over 10 years now and have had a few jobs (approx 10 ). Some I have had for 6 months which were very low paid. Hence why I left. I have been in my current job for 3 years now. However would my list jobs go against me when I get to final interview. please help !!

    • 6 replies
    • 528 views
  6. nealy
    Started by nealy,

    I thought this could be helpful Essex Police Yes 27 December 2006 13 November 2006 at 08:30 31 January 2007 at 16:30 Hampshire Constabulary Yes 05 December 2006 01 July 2006 at 00:00 31 January 2008 at 00:00 Norfolk Constabulary Yes 30 November 2006 01 December 2006 at 00:00 31 January 2007 at 00:00 North Yorkshire Police Yes 02 January 2007 01 July 2006 at 00:00 31 March 2007 at 00:00 Suffolk Constabulary Yes 05 December 2006 01 July 2005 at 00:00 31 December 2007 at 00:00 Sussex Police Yes 03 January 2007 03 January 2007 at 08:30 05 January 2007 at 16:00 West Mercia Constabulary Yes 0…

    • 0 replies
    • 412 views
  7. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Anybody know exactly what the starting salary is now the pay increase has been agreed (not for met) - just the others.

    • 3 replies
    • 565 views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  8. laura lou
    Started by laura lou,

    hi everyone, i'm very new to this. I have wanted to join the police force for ages now, can soneone plaese tell me how it works. The recruitment line opened today for me, the lady said she was sending on some information for me to look at, and she also booked me on a recruitment evening. Has anyone got any info on that day? Will the infomation that she is posting to me be my application form? and is this what they call the paersift? thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 458 views
  9. Jasons_leftleg
    Started by Jasons_leftleg,

    Wahhaayy got a letter through on sat saying that my prov start date is march 19th and will be going to Buckinghamshire BCU. Over the moon!! That isn't long.......arghh :shock: Would love to hear from anyone else in the same boat. Jas

    • 4 replies
    • 439 views
  10. Nooblet
    Started by Nooblet,

    Hi, I passed my application for Hampshire and now have the a/c to go. I was wondering if anyone knew if they do the security checks before a/c for Hampshire or after a/c, medical etc.... Would be a shame to go through all that and fail at the last hurdle. Just want to put my mind at ease really

    • 7 replies
    • 507 views
  11. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I'm just wondering what people were worried about before they started the job and how or if they changed after they started? My biggest worry is not being taken seriously as I look about 12 years old!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hi all, I was just wondering if somebody would be able to give me some sort of idea as to what it is like? I start at canterbury 29th Jan, quite strange going back to school again :? Any advice would be fab Zoe :wink:

    • 36 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. miccstaff1546620083
    Started by miccstaff1546620083,

    Does anyone need help with the A/C? I know how hard it is having just passed it myself...! I passed with 73% and also just passed day 2. Im joining the MET! If anyone wants some help or advice feel free to msn me or email me...pm dont really wrk! I got a few things i can email over that helped me. misskinloch@hotmail.com Tallie

    • 16 replies
    • 520 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  14. cchops1
    Started by cchops1,

    Does anyone here know what this involved and into how much depth is your finance history looked into ?

    • 0 replies
    • 615 views
  15. Airwolf1546620068
    Started by Airwolf1546620068,

    I sat my test on monday night and just wanted to say that I hopefully did very well but you must practice the mock tests and use old standard grade papers. I should get my results tomorrow so here's hoping!!! I would like to think I shall be sitting my initial interview next - fingers crossed for everyone else sitting your SET.

    • 2 replies
    • 485 views
    David222941546080888

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.