Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SGB
    Started by SGB,

    Anyone done the Into Blue course, I want to go on it but its been suspended for the time being. Any other companies running a similar course??? Cheers for any help.

    • 3 replies
    • 433 views
  2. hemtt
    Started by hemtt,

    Got my results for WYP this orning got 58% gutted. It didnt say anything about when i can re apply again i presume its 6 months from the A/C date providing the force is recruiting at that time. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 617 views
  3. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Well i now only have three days till my A/C and the nerves are really starting to kick in, i could not sleep at all last night. I just would like to say thanks to everyone on this site, i don't know what i would of done without it.......on that note i just have a couple of last 'help me' questions! First of all do i shake hands with the interviewers, my initial thought is of course i do but i just wanted to double check. Secondly i have put together all of my interview answers now, but i am stuck on resilience, could anyone help point me in the right direction or give me a few pointers. Thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 579 views
  4. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi guys! just passed my a/c and think i'm more worried about all the security vetting and finacial stuff than i was about the a/c. not that i really have any problems that should mean i fail but... i've read on the forum and heard when talking to people that a number of people have not pass the rest of the proccess. are there really that many people who fail? some people have said they had no idea why they failed as they'd got nothing they thought they could fail on! so... how many people have passed the remaining sections of the recruitment process once they'd passed the a/c? cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 606 views
    sykes1545925530
  5. gpage
    Started by gpage,

    I've got my PIRT and interview on Thursday, in my interview do they ask me questions on what I put down in my application? I was under the impression they do so made notes on what I will say in the interview. Will I be able to take these notes and read from them in the interview?

    • 4 replies
    • 334 views
  6. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    Just a quick question. If you fail a final interview for the police can you transfer your application to another force that doesnt do one? At the end of the day you've passed everything up to it (including the A/C) which is enough for some other forces.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Blueboy1546620110
  7. simini
    Started by simini,

    Just a quick question. I'm about to apply for Dyfed Powys Police and am concerned about one aspect. Many years ago (approx 9 years) I joined the Army. After completing basic training I reciecved mail that had been following me around the country. I had forgoten to pay the final month council tax on the property I rented prior to joining up and had a letter from the local court asking for payment. Due to the fact that I had not been recieving mail up to this point it had been to court on several occasions. I payed the amount outstanding and costs. This was a genuine error on my behalf. Sorry, not such a quick question after all! Is this a CCJ? Do I need to declaire this wh…

    • 2 replies
    • 403 views
  8. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    I think I must definately be missing something. Why do forces have Final Interviews with the "think of a time when you had to..." kind of questions of RRD, Resiliance, Team Working etc. Havent these already been covered in the A/C? What is the point of having the same interview twice?

    • 12 replies
    • 575 views
  9. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I am due to be starting at Derbyshire fairly soon. Has anybody started the IPLDP programme as that is the training programme that Derbyshire follow these days. Any chance somebody could tell me a bit more about it. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 709 views
  10. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    What are the questions on the application forms these days? I know they have changed since I applied a while back. Only want to know so i can help a mate prepare for when Merseyside are recruiting again in 2007. Muchos Gracias. 8)

    • 3 replies
    • 679 views
  11. blueprincess_2005
    Started by blueprincess_2005,

    Hi,thanks for reading this,i have had some personal dealings with the police recently (and unfortunately) and i am interested in becoming a police officer,my local force are not recruiting but i will keep checking the web, however i have a few questions that i am hoping some of you will be able to advise on... i have two young children and i am now seperated i.e single parent,is there any advice (other than not a good career move!) or special shifts or request for shifts or anything that would assist me as i obviously do not want to get my hopes up only to discover that it is simply not possible.... i know that the training is not a residential course anymore so that help…

    • 8 replies
    • 477 views
  12. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Hi, I got the call today asking me to attend the interview and fitness test Monday 22nd with a start date of March 26th. Would you believe I can't get the day off so am go back into the pile until the next interview/fitness dates become known.....Arrrgghh, any other week besides next week would have been fine :cry: Ah well, here's to hoping that it won't be too long!! Z

    • 4 replies
    • 232 views
    tonyt1546620106
  13. aneliesej
    Started by aneliesej,

    Hi, how long did you guys wait untill you got your final job offer and start date through after compleating the application process? Ive been waiting now for 5 weeks and I'm starting to get a little worried. I'm applying to Greater Manchester

  14. kittykat
    Started by kittykat,

    Hi there, this is a random question I know but presuming i get through all the stages and actually get in i was reading that you complete training at a residential centre, i think it was either 12 or 15 weeks. Do you have to stay over at these centres or if you live near enough can you commute each day? Thanks!

  15. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hello, Does anybody know which shift patterns derbyshire operate and if pay is every 4 weeks or every month ?

    • 6 replies
    • 896 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.