Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi, i was just wondering if anyone knew the basic procedure of the medical and sort of things they look for in the security vetting. :?:

    • 3 replies
    • 416 views
  2. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi all, I did my assessment last Friday and i really messed up. The first role play went really bad, i mean really bad, i sat in silence for about a minute because i couldn't think what to say then the buzzer went, and i cant even remember what i said before that. I don't think i gave enough in the written exercises either, i think its a big fat fail for me!!! I am absolutely devastated, especially after studying so hard before end, it feels like its all been for nothing now :cry:

    • 11 replies
    • 801 views
  3. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I am due to sit the standard entrance test for strathclyde police. I have heard that additional questions are given after the tests in support of my application to join, could someone please inform me of the questions asked afterwards. Many thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 255 views
  4. superflygirl
    Started by superflygirl,

    Hi, I had an interview for the PCSO role for GMP. I was accepted but the inspector that interviewed me suggested I apply for PC as well. I was very flattered as I felt I had 'missed the boat' and was too old! As a 40 year old mum of 3 young children I know it will be tough for me to get through to the fitness test stage. Are there any other 'Mature women' out there who have started the application process? What is the average age of people applying on this forum? Regards

    • 76 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi guys, i'm finishing uni in may and want to apply to the police soon so there would be a good chance of starting soon after i finish uni. I have always wanted to join the met but they do not seem to be recruiting. GMP are however and I was wondering whether everyone rekons I should go for that instead of Met? Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 289 views
  6. jamie24
    Started by jamie24,

    Hello again, like everyone who has recently sent an application form we are all nervous about things that could hinder our progress. It has got me thinking about one aspect of my application. On the criminal convictions bit, I have had to put that i have been involved in an criminal investigation as i was assulted on late Oct 06. I was assulted intialy, and then one more incedent where some of this persons friends decided to punch me! All was reported to the police, and i did not retaliate once, and there is no way i will be charged with anything. Could this effect me? As people have said, the first stage is a SIFT, meaning that small things to me, such as this, could…

    • 6 replies
    • 397 views
  7. Chazza
    Started by Chazza,

    Sorry those looking for a thread about poor driving by our finest! For those of you that don't know I'm about to start my training. However I was flashed this morning, on the way home from work by a speed camera - in Hendon by Oriental city. I don't speed generally and I genuinely though that the speed limit around there was 40 I've been reliably informed by a colleague that the new higher mast jobbies never run out of film and are seldom triggered by other vehicles, so I'm expecting 3 points and a £60 fine (was doing an estimated 37mph). The question is, will it affect my career in any way? Will recruitment frown apon it and deny me my precious start date? Will I b…

    • 8 replies
    • 535 views
  8. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Another bit of help please... My step brother has been in trouble over the years and spent time inside, myself have no trouble. Would that against my application. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 591 views
  9. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    I know as long as i have been in the recruitment process (and probably a lot longer) there have been no height requirements to join the police, but im interested in what these used to be, as all the text i read say "There are no longer height requirements", implying there used to be some? Im 6'1, so i doubt this would have affected me anyway... call it simple curiosity, anyone know what the restrictions used to be?

    • 6 replies
    • 9.3k views
    Big Brother1546620113
  10. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Got the news via letter yesterday. I am really devistated. They gave feedback which in some cases isnt relevant to my application. For example in the team building section it says i may have scored low due to not getting involved in unattracted jobs when my example was moving heavy boxes from a flooded from. I had two serving Police Officers check the application who though it was very good. I know the things you want are never easy to get but im really annoyed to fall at the first hurdle. I'm trying to gather my thoughts, so this can hopefully at least be a learning curve. I may also ask for further feedback from recruitment. Great start to the new year :cry: Dan

    • 12 replies
    • 791 views
    Big Brother1546620113
  11. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hey Has anyone on here done or doing the new kent training? Could you tell me where you are and what you do from one week to the next? I start on the 29th and i'm getting a bit nervous :shock: Also one more question. If you don't have your uniform what do you wear for the first week? I was going to wear a suit but don't want to be over dressed Zoe :wink:

    • 10 replies
    • 700 views
  12. Chazza
    Started by Chazza,

    Anyone else starting training then? Also, bit of a silly question but what am I expected to bring with me? I'd imagine this information will all be contained within some sort of welcome pack, but due to a holiday I might not have sufficient time to run around and get bits and pieces that I might need- Boots, shirts etc.... :roll: Also, If I were to purchase a laptop would I find it a useful resource whilst training? :?: Hope all is going well folks. Regards Chaz

    • 20 replies
    • 675 views
  13. jamie24
    Started by jamie24,

    Hello,new to the forum as i found you whilst researching the police and though some of you may be able to help me. I currently have an application pack to Lancs. I really want to join the force as i know that i would love the job, and seems to be the career i am looking for. My brother is currently with lancs, being recruited at 19. I do not know wether to apply yet as i feel my application form is good for my age and life experience, but i know it is hard to get in at a young age. Although my brother got in, he was in the army for 6 months which probably helped him. I am interested in becoming a special, but obviously would rather prefer being the real deal pc, and it…

    • 14 replies
    • 772 views
  14. jonnycastle432
    Started by jonnycastle432 * ,

    Hi, i am applying to the police force and have got an application form. However, i am readnig through it and it is very politically correct! I am 18 and a half(the lowest age bracket-i am very keen!) and its asking me about racial confrontation! All i have is from school when my muslim mate was on ramadam and at lunch i stayed with him so he didnt feel excluded. To me, this doesn't really seem strong enough to put on the application form! In fact i am embarrassed to put that on the form. And it's the same for the bullying. All i have ever done is confronted a gang of bullies at school and told them to lay off some poor lad and also reported them to the teachers. This seem…

    • 2 replies
    • 386 views
  15. bluetooth18
    Started by bluetooth18,

    Hi everyone, I passed my assessment centre in October and am currently waiting for the last stage, fitness and medicals. I just wondered if anyone had any updates on start dates or intakes for 2007? Many Thanks

    • 20 replies
    • 789 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.