Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Foxtrot_oscar
    Started by Foxtrot_oscar,

    If anyone wants it, I have it. PM me and i'll send it.

    • 3 replies
    • 426 views
  2. welmoB
    Started by welmoB * ,

    Does anyone on here know if there is a difference between the SET and the PIRT? Is the PIRT the English version of the SET or do you have to sit both the PIRT and the SET? :? Confused... :cry:

    • 3 replies
    • 711 views
  3. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Can anyone who's done the assessment day reccommend any good books to help prepare for the interviews and scenario's etc. i know there's a few out there but just wondered if some are better than others. Got my assessment next tue so need to get in gear and start researching quick! lol

    • 14 replies
    • 443 views
  4. steven686
    Started by steven686,

    Hello, Is anybody waiting for a start date for gmp.

    • 15 replies
    • 826 views
  5. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I am due to sit the standard entrance test for strathclyde, I am also preparing for the initial interview stage. If I am successful with the sets, how long is it usually before I hear when my initial interview would be? If someone could inform me of what answers I should be preparing for the interview that would be great also. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 391 views
  6. katec
    Started by katec,

    Just wanted to say yipee, had the final letter confirming my previously provisional start date with Avon & Somerset for the 12th March and inviting me to make an appointment for my uniform fitting! Its a bit real now, exciting and scary all at once! Anyone else starting with A&S then?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. SME35
    Started by SME35,

    Submitted my application to A & S on 5th October, any ideas how long i might have to wait until i hear anything? I'm sure i've read someone's message which said that they are are one of the slowest constabularies to recruit. Would love to hear from any new recruits at A & S to give me some indication of long they waited.

    • 53 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. cazzyb
    Started by cazzyb,

    Hi guys, my other half is awaiting a start date and I want to look at budgeting for Mortgage etc once he has started, the wage is higher than what he gets currently but he doesn't pay into a pension at the minute. I am worrying that we are actually going to be a bit worse off.....is there someone who can tell me based on the £21,009 starting pay, what is the figure that he is going to be paying into the pension each month? Any info greatfully received. :)

    • 3 replies
    • 798 views
  9. STE C
    Started by STE C,

    Anybody here one of the 1500 who applied for and application pack in the Jan intake this year?? I am, and would just like to be in touch with others that have applied.

    • 10 replies
    • 562 views
  10. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    BTP has an all singing, all dancing new recruitment site. Go check it out: https://www.btprecruitment.com/index.asp

    • 5 replies
    • 594 views
  11. Dobergirl
    Started by Dobergirl,

    Hi Does anyone have any tips for studying for reconvention. Not due to go until end of April but I know it will be here before I know it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 725 views
  12. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Hi guys. Since applying to A & S last June i have changed my job, do i need to make them aware of this? With the recruitment process looking like it may take a year longer than i was advised i may be changing again - will this count against me when the recruitment dept come to look at it??

    • 6 replies
    • 406 views
  13. Louise_J
    Started by Louise_J,

    Just wanted to shout from the roof tops, in the direction of the nearest forum, that I found out yesterday that I passed the paper sift for Hampshire- assessment centre date TBC.

    • 17 replies
    • 836 views
  14. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi guys, just a quick question - i have just applied via the policecouldyou website to Greater Manchester but then checked the force's recruitment website and it says that they cannot download applications from the website? :S im now a bit confused as to whether my application will be accepted or not. Has anyone else applied online to GMP? im just wondering whether their website hasn't been updated for a while. Would policecouldyou let me apply if they couldnt process the application? Cheers!

    • 5 replies
    • 379 views
  15. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Is it a monday to friday, 9 - 5 programme? I only ask because I have been invited to a wedding in May on the 12th (saturday) which will be around week 9 for me if I meet my conditional start date of the 19th of May with GMP. I need to let the necessary people know if I can make it. Cheers.

    • 9 replies
    • 909 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.