Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cchops1
    Started by cchops1,

    any links where i can downloads fitness test 15 m please

    • 7 replies
    • 294 views
  2. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    Has anyone ever appealed a medical decision? I've just been rejected as I used to have asthma (despite a different force giving me the all clear!) It appears i'm healthy enough to be a special but not healthy enough to get paid to do the same job. :roll: What are the chances of getting a medical decision overturned?

    • 1 reply
    • 325 views
  3. geminilady
    Started by geminilady,

    So pleased, I rang recruitment today only to be told I passed! 73%!! All my hard work paid off Fitness test this Saturday, and provisional start date 12th Feb!! Can't quite believe it... :shock:

    • 15 replies
    • 459 views
  4. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    God, I passed my final interview board yesterday and just now have had a call from Occ Health advising me that the nurse wants to see me. I have had Asthma in the past but not for at least 3 years and have not had an inhaler since 04. They are going to ask me to go for a run and then to take a lung function test. Is this like a peak flow test? Anybody else had to do this? They also want to speak to me about a Laporoscopy(key hole surgery) I had over 10 years ago when my doc thought I had a Cyst on my ovary, which turned out to be nothing. Plus because I was so honest on my form(which of course you have to be) I mentioned that in Jan 06 I felt abit dizzy and my d…

    • 6 replies
    • 495 views
  5. Nick S1546080922
    Started by Nick S1546080922,

    Could anybody who is about to start in the Met give me any idea how long it took from completing the fitness/medical to starting. I realise it is dependant on security checks etc so I'm just trying to get a ball park time scale. Month, 6 months etc etc.

    • 5 replies
    • 341 views
  6. cafsmile
    Started by cafsmile,

    Is there anyone out there going for/been for MDP? I have my two day assessment in February and have the usual nerves (say that cause I’m sure can’t use the language I would like to use on this site?!) . Anyone know, if I am successful on all counts, fingers, eyes, toes, legs crossed, how ling it takes for the process to date of going in? Any advice willingly accepted

    • 1 reply
    • 487 views
    MUNCTON1546620072
  7. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    His there, has anybody just started at, or about to start at Derbyshire in next few months ?

    • 0 replies
    • 387 views
  8. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    I was just wondering how much studying all of you tried to do before your assesment centre, i have mine tomorrow and im paranoid i havent done enough.

    • 4 replies
    • 465 views
  9. robmorgan
    Started by robmorgan,

    As stated above I have now done over 19 months in service for West Midlands Police K2 (SMETHWICK) I am presently taking home around £1300.00 after tax, insurance, fed subs and pension. In June this year (if I get there) I will have done my 2 years and will have a pay rise to look forward to. Is it much of a pay rise? How much difference after tax am I likely to see? For the hours we do on response I am wondering whether its time to look at doing another job elsewhere as I am feeling disilusioned at the moment. Rob.

    • 1 reply
    • 777 views
    SWilks1546620034
  10. SGB
    Started by SGB,

    Any one used These guys?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. willo1
    Started by willo1,

    Thought i'd start this thread, as there are quite a few of us n here, either waiting or already received their results. I'm still waiting on mine, but good luck or congratulations if youve passed!

    • 4 replies
    • 395 views
  12. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Does the APSG (Advanced Promotion Scheme for Graduates) still exist? I just read about it on the GMP website under someones profile. If so how does it differ from the HPDS? Or has the APSG become the HPDS? Ta

    • 7 replies
    • 744 views
  13. jaffasworld
    Started by jaffasworld,

    Just seeing who here has done the ISP consultancy course and who passed. I did it after failing in 2005 and saw where i went wrong after one hour of the session. took the assessment and start in March. Would love to get other peoples feed back, personally i think the course was outstanding and i couldnt be happier

    • 1 reply
    • 417 views
  14. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi Everyone, Can anyone give me any information on policeapplication.co.uk how good they are, if it is worth using the service. I have my assesment on Friday and im not sure if this will be beneficial to me or not. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 448 views
  15. horndawg80
    Started by horndawg80,

    If one of the forces only recruits for a couple of weeks, maybe months how many positions do you think will be available? Do you think they will have just one assessment centre date? Or do you think it would be better to apply for a force that has a mass recruitment drive? All comments welcome. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 272 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.