Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    Hi all I really need some help with this one. I really dont know what to put and if what I ahve put is correct. And more importantley is it what they are looking for. Can anyone have a look at the below competancy on RRD, and tell me what they think? Any help would be greatfully recieved. RRD In the sports sore in which I worked, I discovered that the Muslim staff was soon to be participating in their annual fast. Known as Ramadan. As I was unaware of was this entailed I asked one of my Muslim colleagues to explain what Ramadan was. She explained to me that during the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical ne…

    • 6 replies
    • 562 views
    Memnoch1546620097
  2. Ken1546620057
    Started by Ken1546620057,

    Hi everyone, What are people’s opinions on the current standard of probationers training? Specifically, during their tutorship and beyond, are trainees coming into the job with adequate/realistic training under their belt? Is the training weighted correctly, or focussed on the current political agenda - do you find that things need to be re-learnt once trainees are in the proper job - do you think that they are trained realistically or emerge blinking into the sunlight as a drone, spouting the same old phrases? I don’t mean to ask leading questions, I have just read some comments on a couple of blogs today that got me thinking about it. I am currently waiting for a…

    • 7 replies
    • 871 views
  3. j_robi
    Started by j_robi,

    im currently about to finish a degree in physical education and sport, hopefully will recvieve either a 2:1 or a first in the summer how will this effect my application/career in the police? if at all thanks Joe

    • 16 replies
    • 862 views
  4. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hello all, Just after an answer to a question. When taking the interview and maybe finding you can use one of your application competency examples to answer a question, do they cross reference your verbal answer with the application answer? Reason I say this, is because obviously you may expand a lot more in the interview and add more detail.

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  5. gummery279
    Started by gummery279,

    God..this has got to be the worst wait ever. I submitted my online app form 3 weeks ago to the day and havn't heard a peep. Is this a normal length of time to be waiting? It's like a steering wheel in my pants! Glad i'm not waiting for A/C results.

    • 8 replies
    • 616 views
  6. ronster
    Started by ronster,

    Can anybody clarify exactly how each section of A/C is marked? i see a lot of peoples results of the assessment centre on this site, however they are a mix of percentage marks eg oral communication 100% and then Grades eg A B C or D. I am waiting for my results and was just wondering how exactly it is broken down thanks guys :shock:

    • 2 replies
    • 339 views
  7. rob81
    Started by rob81,

    What are everyones views on how the police need to recruit "x amount" of officers that are from minority backgrounds? The general consensus is that an Asian bloke could get the position over a white bloke just because he's Asian, despite the fact that the white guy in question would make a better cop. (I'm not saying that all white guys make better cops!) Is this an urban myth or does it actually happen?

    • 108 replies
    • 3.8k views
  8. gwladys
    Started by gwladys * ,

    Hi, I have just joined this board. I am currently living in Australia where I am doing a Criminology and Justice Degree which I will finish in 2008. As soon as I finish it I will be returning to the UK to apply for the police. Of concern to me is that I have a spent conviction for breaking a window whilst I am living in Australia. Will this in prevent me from gaining entry to the police? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 433 views
  9. jayema
    Started by jayema,

    I`m considering transfering into the MET, I am a serving PC in Lincolnshire police living in Lincoln. My main reason for wanting to transfer will be for promotion etc - I want to still live in Lincoln and take full advanage of their flexible working policy. ie - blocks of shifts followed by blocks of days off. Are there any other bobbies out there who have done sim and if so can you give me some pointers etc regards jay

  10. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    All they got to do is send out the results and theyre dragging their heels on that aswell! Absolutley pathetic!

    • 41 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hello, I have my medical in 2 weeks and just wanted to check something. If I pass that will they then check my references etc, one of them is my current job and I ticked the box saying not to contact yet on the app form. Would they wait until I had actually been offered a post before they told my employer and asked for a reference. I am 25 and have had my current job for nearly 7 years, before that they were just weekend jobs in cafe's etc that I think have since closed down. Will they try and search back for previous employers from these jobs. I don't know where these people live now. Im 9 months in now and gone asses centre, passed fitness, had laser surgery to …

    • 10 replies
    • 744 views
  12. Sunny83
    Started by Sunny83,

    Hi everyone, I have been waiting nearly a year to sit my assessment! At the moment I feel like im going through an emotional rollorcoatser and Ive really lost my motivation and drive. It's been sooo long since i handed in my application form that sometimes I foget I even applied. Is it common for people to wait this long?

    • 8 replies
    • 414 views
    shalawr1546620080
  13. rnrm2006
    Started by rnrm2006,

    A lot of forces are recruiting PCSO's at the moment, so I suppose a lot of budget's is going to that.(?) In the past I have been told that the police were "crying out" for police officers, now there are hardly any home office forces with vacancies for police officer. Can any of you see a time in the future when there will be a lot of vacancies throughout the country (for police officer)? When do you think the PCSO recruiting will calm?

    • 36 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. jonnokennedy
    Started by jonnokennedy,

    Ive had a few jobs in the last few years, they are mainly temp jobs but unfortunately there are some Ive left without fulfilling the relevant notice period and some where I fell out with the management and had to leave. If I omitted some from my application form would they do any checks to discover this?

    • 8 replies
    • 785 views
  15. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi all, just wondering what assesment methods there are and what kind of stuff people have used to help them through each stage? i was also wondering if an applicant can re-take any stage that they fail or whether they are told not to come back? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 537 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.