Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. benita
    Started by benita,

    Hello everyone I am hopefully starting in August (got to pass my medical first but hopefully should be OK, fingers crossed). Just wondered what people think of the new way of training PC's? In my opinion I think it is better as you can remain at home and do your training at the local HQ and also the training is a lot longer so will hopefully make it a bit easier for us when we 'get out there'!! Most of my colleagues seem to think it is a better way of doing things too. Good luck to everyone starting at the moment! :) :)

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, Passed Fitness test on Monday and about to send my medical form in and having laser eye sugery next Tues. SO not far off now, Anybody know of the possible start dates and how long after I send my medical form back will I be invited for a medical (eyes should be fine by then hopefully). Does anybody know when the Derbyshire intake will start and it it will be staggered over several months or will they do it all in one go ? Thanks Alan

    • 4 replies
    • 805 views
  3. mark090887
    Started by mark090887,

    CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE I SENT MY BTP APPLICATION FORM IN FOR THE 12TH MAY DEADLINE AND HACNT HEARD ANYTHING BACK YET IS ANYONE IN SAME SCENARIO

    • 11 replies
    • 833 views
  4. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Hi All! Today, I completed the assessment centre for Cambs. It was a heavy going day where each and every stage requires full concentration. When finished you initially get a huge sense of relief which is swiftly followed by a gruesome analysis of everything that happened, especially the parts where you think you could have done better! Everybody on here that passes all seem to think that they failed before they receive their results and I'm definately in that boat! I just hope I pass like them! I think I did well in the written and pychometric exercises. In the role plays I am concerned that I may not have offered enough resolution to a couple of the scenarios. The in…

    • 24 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. clarelou1546620080
    Started by clarelou1546620080 * ,

    FInally passed! Made it to 5.4 without my lungs exploding!

    • 2 replies
    • 320 views
  6. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    I just phoned up the WMP recruitment dept and asked em when i can expect my results as i took the test bon 18/10/06 ant its been 13 days now and still no results! The wait for the results is soooooo crap! Everyday getting up waitin for the post! Well at least i know i aint gonna get em 2morow as it will take a couple of days for wmp to send em out!

    • 8 replies
    • 657 views
  7. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    hi are the interview questions based around yor application form competency answers?cheers for any advice

    • 4 replies
    • 665 views
  8. guide
    Started by guide,

    trying to give my bosses some idea of when I'll be leaving.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. sdeakin
    Started by sdeakin,

    I am just at Section 4 of the application form and I am petrified of putting down wrong situations for the questions. On the guidance notes it says it is best to use work issues where possible and in the past month I have been in the middle of a disagreement between two colleagues which sadly involved the issues of race and diversity being involved. Would it seem to "unreal" to use this issue? Many Thanks, Scott

    • 5 replies
    • 777 views
  10. strawman
    Started by strawman,

    Hi folks, I've got my final interview for L&B police coming up in just over a week and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few last minute pointers? I know I'm going to be interviewed by a chief super, a police fed rep (an ex-Inspector apparently) and a human resources bloke. Is it more intense than the home visit, or are they just going through the motions so they can rubber stamp your application? Also, there were a few things I was weak on in the home visit, are they likely to dwell on those to make sure I've done a bit more to swat up? Was feeling fairly confident at first but I'm now getting increasingly paranoid that they're going to try and nail me d…

    • 10 replies
    • 860 views
  11. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    That if you fail the papersift the force lets you know within 28 days?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. sarah21
    Started by sarah21 * ,

    hi im 21 ive decide to try out but was worried due to to having bad credit ive been a full time mum since i was 15 and not much to live on so ive got myself in debt i have a lot of defaults ive tried to contact them but with no luck now ive read that i will not pass the checks i want a better life for my children but i cant what can i do i feel like i might aswell stay at home it has really upset me any advice on wat i could do thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    anybody?????

    • 2 replies
    • 522 views
  14. bobzac
    Started by bobzac,

    Im currently awaiting an application pack for Hampshire & IOW Police. I have a few questions that I need to get off my chest and I may as well try and find some answers before I start filling in the forms eh! So if anyone can help me, help will be greatly appreciated. Query 1 - Drivers licence - when I phoned up for the application pack, I was asked if I hold a drivers licence, the answer is no! I was told that should I be successful, I would need to have passed my test to proceed. When they said 'successful' does that mean when I am called for interview (should that happen) or when I complete the training course? Thanks in advance - Im sure there will be some mo…

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  15. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there. DOes anybody know the starting salay for Derbyshire Police and at what point it goes up ? Just making sure I could afford my mortgage etc, passed fitness and about to send medical form back. Does anybody know when Derbyshire intakes start - I had heard it will be Feb/March but wondered if it would be staggered over several months !

    • 1 reply
    • 628 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.