Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Hi everyone, I got mt A/C results in today and I passed. I got 64% overall and I'm over the moon. Just awaiting dates for my medical and fitness test.

    • 9 replies
    • 466 views
  2. nl180786
    Started by nl180786 * ,

    Hi, I got my letter back yesterday to say i had passed the assessment with 62% i am so happy. I really didn't think i would get this far and still can not believe it.

    • 8 replies
    • 372 views
  3. russellcrocker
    Started by russellcrocker,

    Im just about to apply to hampshire and am wondering if they pay a living allowance? According to btp website btp officers recive £1000 if posted in hampshire is this the same for hampshire constabulary?

    • 1 reply
    • 437 views
  4. asm

    i am currently training to be a special with leicestershire constabulary and doing a foundation degree in police st and criminal justice.will being a special help me more when i apple to the police? any comments welcome thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 480 views
  5. oldbillplod
    Started by oldbillplod,

    I could be going over to the darkside very shortly and was wondering if anyone has been to Hendon for the week for transferees and what to expect. Can you stay? What do you have to wear? How long before you get your uniform etc etc etc? And any other useful snippets of information which might be handy to know. Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. ladycroft
    Started by ladycroft * ,

    Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum... I passed GMP assessment centre about a month ago, I've my final interview coming up but due to family illness feel I need to delay going into the police for a good 8 months or so. I don't feel I could commit to the heavy time required for training right now 'if' I passed the phys/final interview etc. Essentially, how long is the pass valid for? My thoughts were to withdraw my application from GMP and then when things are ready, get back into it - buuut something tells me I'll have to reapply from the start though, right? Anyone able to shed light on this - am hestitant to call GMP and ask directly as I do…

    • 6 replies
    • 627 views
  7. comfortablynumb1546620101
    Started by comfortablynumb1546620101 * ,

    Hi all. I am very interested in joining the police but i feel i dont have that much confidence yet. so i have decided to apply for a special (merseyside area) I DO have a criminal record for DECEPTION which dates back to 1998. this was an area of my life which i deeply regret ( young and stupid, got in with wrong crowd etc etc) I received a 12 month conditional discharge. I also have tattoos on my forearms (quite big too!) Do you think that ive got any chance of getting in?? thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 600 views
  8. pepecarr
    Started by pepecarr,

    I have my assesment center in a couple of weeks and the info pack mentions a information night. Has anybody been to one and was it usefull? Oh and was it casual ?

    • 1 reply
    • 484 views
  9. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Can anyone help with a question... When they mark the competency questions on the form I know that they grade you A-D for each one. Each of the questions demonstrates a different competency (RRD,Resilience,Team Working,Communication etc) However, lets say that in question 1 which is aimed at RRD you show another competency, will you get marks for that competency as well as RRD?

    • 3 replies
    • 512 views
  10. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    I got the good news that I passed my assessment centre last week. I've been told that a place will be booked for me to do my medical and fitness test shortly. I went through a medical for the prison service several years ago and I was wondering if the police medical was similar? Are your eyes tested by reading off a chart? Is your hearing tested by sitting in the booth? Can anyone go into any detail as to what's done on the day and how long it takes?? Thanks, Dave.

    • 2 replies
    • 567 views
  11. stuart_notts
    Started by stuart_notts,

    Hello again i did write this before but it was deleted so ill try again. My writing is very poor, Can any of you tell me what paper work is involved in a day to day enviroment of being a police constable?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. LucyP1546620101
    Started by LucyP1546620101 * ,

    Does anyone know if it is at all possible for australian police officers to transfer over to the UK? Many Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 501 views
  13. uav689
    Started by uav689,

    Hi All Can any one pls tell me what the take home is for a met officer under going training, and once out of hendon after all duductions, ie police fed,tax, pension etc.. how much overtime is there going when u start work? thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    rjb19841546620062
  14. Guest alan88
    Started by Guest alan88,

    Hello I am 18 years old and I'm thinking of applying to join my local police force. I've read through all the varios sections on the www.policecouldyou.co.uk site re. the application process. When do the various forces recruit? As far as I can see the recruitment took place in June, which would mean I haven't long missed it If that's the case, is there any way to get hold of an application pack before next June or must I wait till then? I'm wanting to do as much research as I can before I apply and I think I may be able to contact a current serving officer who is friends with my uncle, but until then, what is the best way I can learn more about the recruitment proc…

    • 3 replies
    • 599 views
    darkest1546080957
  15. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, does anyone have a practive application form, im planning on applying to west mercia next year and wanted to just have a look over an application form, does anyone have any? Dan

    • 1 reply
    • 439 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.