Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, Have any of you applied to West Mids for the campaign just finished?
-
Hi just applied to Nottinghamshire Police Force - have my fingers crossed the closing date was yesterday. Would be good to hear if anyone else has applied or heard anything back. Good luck everyone!
-
I was talking to an officer from lincolnshire the other night who informs me tasers ( The 50,000 volt stun guns) are being tested by the AR whats your opinion in this dramatic step police safety?
-
Hi, When filling out an application it asks for the address of the person you are getting a reference off. Do i have to give that persons home address or is a work address o.k? cheers
-
HI, :) i have posted this question on the pcso colum but thought some of you on here may have a idea. I attended my assesment for pcso on thurs 12th oct and then recieved a phone call on wed 18th oct (6 days after) asking me to attened for a medical but i have'nt recieved my assesment results back yet, why would they book my medical if the results ar'nt in yet ? :?
-
Ok i know this isnt really relivant for passing the fitness test, but when i go out running i was thinkin of wearing a back pack with the equivilent weight of the kit that officers carry. Anyone got an estimate including stab vest and all? Cheers,
-
Ack to BBC website. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This article will be of interest to those with colour vision concerns. Force faces discrimination claims Strathclyde Police rejected eight candidates with the condition Scotland's largest police force could face a number of sex discrimination cases following a row over the rejection of colourblind recruits. Strathclyde Police rejected eight candidates in the last two years for having a form of colourblindness usually only found in men. But a landmark legal case in England found that a colourblind officer faced indirect sexual discrimination. Candidates m…
-
Has anybody had problems not being able to Confirm due to one isolated injury? If so what was the outcome and is there any right of appeal, bearing in mind "The Chief Constable Reserves the Right" to get rid of you without any reason in your probationary period!
-
Can any Officer who is still in their probationary term confirm if they have had any difficulties in obtaining a mortgage ? I ask this question as I have heard that some lenders will not give a mortgage to an Officer who is still in their probationary period ? I do hope that this is untrue - if anyone can confirm either way and if anyone has been able to get a mortgage - which bank/building society were happy to lend ? Thanks in anticipation
-
I have passed the papershift fot the BTP and am currently waiting for an assessment centre date. Is it possibe to trannsfer the application to another force and by-pass the papershift, retaining my pass?
-
Tell us what effect you expect being a police officer to have on your social and domestic life. Can anyone give me a few pointers on this. Only about three lines are required from me. I really don't think it will have too much of an effect on me. I already work rotating shifts in a 24 hour work place so consider myself adaptable but I'm not sure of putting this down on the form incase I come across as being unrealistic when considering the effect of being a polce officer. But alternatively, I don't want to come across as if I would be inconvenienced by being a police officer. Any help will be very much appreciated.
-
Hi Does anybody know what training the Met are currently doing? There is a conflict on their website with them mentioning the 17 weeks at Hendon then another mentioning 5 weeks at Hendon then out on borough for a total of 31 weeks? Are they rolling out this new training? Cheers
-
Applied to West Midlands – 05/01/06 Passed assessment – 20/07/06 References & referees checked – 01/09/06 Previous employment checked – 01/09/06 Submitted security questionnaire – 07/08/06 I am currently waiting to take my medical and physical, which can’t be taken until I receive security clearance. The security questionnaire was submitted at the beginning of August and has been sent to special branch (London) for processing. This part of the application process is taking a long time. I am unable to take the medical and physical until I receive clearance. I have contacted recruitment who have told me there is nothing they can do; it has been 10 we…
-
I have decided to have a career change after serving 10 years in the Fire Service. I have just started the ball rolling in regards to application and am fully aware there is along way to go , as in the selection for the fire service. My biggest concern is that if I am successfull I struggle during training (paperwork mainly) and end up jobless basically. Is anybody aware of the failure rate during training, and is there a back coursing policy?
-
Hello all, I sent my application off to the CNC police last week and have failed the papersift due to an IN10 that I recieved 4 and a half years ago. They have not marked the rest of the paper and have recommended that I re apply in April next year but they doubt if they will be recruiting then. They have guidelines which state that an IN10 must have been over 5 yrs before application so I miss out by 6 months! I understand the honesty issue with IN10 but the circumstances were not black and white, I even enclosed a covering note with my application explaining the situation. Can I appeal this decision with them? After all they are refering to 'guidelines' as opposed …