Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. beercan
    Started by beercan * ,

    Hi there, first time here but hopefully you'll be able to give me some valuable guidance. I'm 25 now and from the age of 18 to 21 I ran up some debts. I was handling it ok (or so I thought) but eventually it got too much. I decided to do something about it, and after much advice from official government advice centres, I filed for bankruptcy. That was March 31st this year. I have just been discharged. I want to apply to Devon & Cornwall constabulary, but I noticed on their website it says they will only consider people with discharged bankruptcies THREE YEARS after the discharge date! I am really gutted about this, as I have decided to move away from Retail Loss …

    • 10 replies
    • 691 views
  2. Bigtee1546620098
    Started by Bigtee1546620098,

    I am still at college at the moment and will be finishing in june, i also work 25 hours a week in between college, I want to join the police more than anything so what im looking for is advice. do I.... 1. wait until i have finished college and apply 2. sign up to be a special constable and do that until i finish college any advice would be much apreciated Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 547 views
    Bigtee1546620098
  3. stringo
    Started by stringo,

    Hello, I am 23 years old and I have just applied to join South Wales Police. I was wondering if anyone knew whether the selection of recruits is based purely on their performance at the assessment centre, or whether they take into account other factors, such as voluntary experience and academic achievements? Also, what happens if there are more successful candidates at the assessment centre than vacancies? How is it decided which recruits should proceed to the next stage? I'd be very grateful for any light that anyone may be able to cast on these issues. Many thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi all, I have my medical shortly for cheshire police and was wondering what actually happens if your over you bmi. Im 6ft 4in weigh approx 16 to 17 stone but im apparently classed as obeise?!! Im not over weight, i just have a little tummy nothing major. Will i be an automatic fail or passed as long as i lose more weight. Im suppose to have a bmi of below 25 im currently 29 but if i went below 25 then ill just be bone. Do they not think a big lad like me can be healthy? Would this system of assessing your bmi result in alot of existing officers being thrown out of the force? appearence is not everything, i look healthy for my build. Is there anyone who has passed their …

    • 14 replies
    • 853 views
  5. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Anyone got any examples of the scenarios tasted at roleplay? Just to give us newbies some idea?

    • 7 replies
    • 694 views
  6. BigBeefDinner
    Started by BigBeefDinner,

    Can you tell me the whole fitness test thing includes e.g like you have to do the bleep test etc.

    • 5 replies
    • 333 views
  7. jamesmhagrh
    Started by jamesmhagrh,

    Do forces post out a physical test date before you receive your A/C results or do they wait until they know you have passed?

    • 4 replies
    • 655 views
  8. marshy_1978
    Started by marshy_1978,

    Passed GMP interview today. Well chuffed. That's another hurdle over just fitness, medical and security checks to go now. All being well I should start 8th January.

    • 10 replies
    • 559 views
  9. ajs2k2
    Started by ajs2k2,

    In the fitness test do you get a better score the higher you go or is it simply you have to pass the set level of 5.4. Would going any higher benefit your application? I only ask this as i hear that if you push yourself too hard then you can end up exhausted for the dyno test which follows? Many Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 266 views
  10. kudzanai
    Started by kudzanai * ,

    How can i become a police k9 unit in south yorkshire sheffield ??

    • 2 replies
    • 492 views
  11. mmoseley
    Started by mmoseley,

    Hiya guys, Sadly i failed for the West Midlands PCSO's, now West Mercia have sent me a PCSO application form, but this one has no competancy questions, in its replacement it asks "Other information in support of your application" Im stuck on what to write for this! Can anyone help?

    • 2 replies
    • 332 views
  12. Sparklekitty
    Started by Sparklekitty * ,

    Ok, well I've come on this site to help out my best friend, she found out the other day after passing the fitness test and the medical etc, that she had failed the interview even though she got something like 68%. All her other results were mostly A's for the race and diversity section, but she got one D, which apparently means, she's failed. She is extremely gutted to say the least, I've never seen her so sad, she feels like it's a bad mark against her name now, and that she has been branded a racist or something! The only think she can think of for why she may have had this mark is because of one of the indicators 'failing to encourage others to talk about their feeling…

    • 9 replies
    • 774 views
  13. laura lou
    Started by laura lou,

    hi, i see everyone has a pass rate from 60% to %70, is this what you need to pass? thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 388 views
    darkest1546080957
  14. airbus600
    Started by airbus600,

    Just wondering if anyone here has a start date this Nov at Hendon for the MET... ...PM me if u wish to discuss matters.. _________________

    • 3 replies
    • 861 views
  15. sanchiez12
    Started by sanchiez12,

    i stupidly was play fighting when i broke my toe, i am due to start my pcso training in 3wks time. Do you think i should have it delayed? should i say something to MET? Will it affect my application?

    • 3 replies
    • 326 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.